Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 00:57 Edited at: 18th Apr 2010 09:58
Rot

Developer: SekoIdiootti

Story:

You were a normal person, without a job, living poorly in the streets of New York. You had a wife and one child, who lived in Canada. You had lived in some church before, but one day you were thrown to the streets, with no reason.
You thought you'd try to survive best as you could, and every day was a challenge, a fight against death.
Many times, you thought you had lost your sanity, and always when you went somewhere, someone died...
You had no idea why, or what caused it, but you tried to continue your life. As best as you could.
But after some years of living in the streets, you started hearing things, and seeing things, that weren't there...
You heard people shouting phrases from the bible, sounds of dying humans...
Everyone was dying, slowly...
And the stench of rotting flesh was all over in the air...
One day you couldn't stand it anymore, and went to an abandoned industrial building in the middle of a forest... Lived there... You had no sense of time at all, as the only clock in the whole building had stopped... And even in the building, you smelled the stench, the horrible stench of rotting flesh...
And one day you woke up, like usual, in the same building, except...
It wasn't abandoned anymore... And the whole place was different, twisted, almost like a nightmare...

Download:

Credits:
I don't remember all those whose stuff I used... But at least I used Kravenwolf's, Cosmic Prophet's and W. Sitters' models, and some other people's stuff too...

----------------------------
Please give feedback, etc. Though, this is finished. At least as a demo, I'll make a full game with many levels, but for now, enjoy this, kinda short one level, which I've been secretly making for quite a long time.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 06:21
Looks good so far; you're just missing a few key things from this list (in your initial post):

- The layout of your entry MUST be made in the following manner:

1.) Name of Game (in bold, underlined and centered); this can be substituted by a Title Graphic (the Game name must be in the graphic). The graphic should be reasonable in size.
2.) Developer name (a "company name" is acceptable)
3.) Storyline and/or description
4.) 2 Screenshots (in-game only; thumbnails are acceptable)
5.) Link to additional images (optional)
6.) Website and/or videos...must be click-able (optional)
7.) Download link...must be click-able (optional)
8.) Credits (optional)
9.) Contact info (optional)

-Keith
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 09:58
Okay, I fixed the first post.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 10:06
I played the game, and to be honest I didn't like it very much. it was paced very poorly, zombies just immediately appeared (some were invisible) and they REALLY slowed down my frame rate. (I actually have a realyl nice computer) I didn't see any guns anywhere, and I lost my way and just died within 30 seconds. I liked the look of the lighting, level, and menu though. they were nice looking and the menu and loading screen especially looked like you REALLY spent time on them. good job with that. overall, I didn't like it much because the gameplay was so poor.

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 10:20
Quote: "I played the game, and to be honest I didn't like it very much. it was paced very poorly, zombies just immediately appeared (some were invisible) and they REALLY slowed down my frame rate. (I actually have a realyl nice computer)"

Hmm, well, the zombies appear out of nowhere, because making them "come" from somewhere would be kinda hard... And I don't know why they slow your framerate, because for me, the zombies don't change it at all...

Quote: "I didn't see any guns anywhere, and I lost my way and just died within 30 seconds."

The guns are very easy to find, if you look for them. They don't "drop" in front of you, but they're quite visible.

Quote: "I liked the look of the lighting, level, and menu though. they were nice looking and the menu and loading screen especially looked like you REALLY spent time on them. good job with that."

Thanks!
Quote: "overall, I didn't like it much because the gameplay was so poor."

Ok.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 12:34 Edited at: 18th Apr 2010 12:34
Played it twice and here is my review:

The Good:
- Menu and intro music/sounds. One of the best I have seen.
- Lighting and interior design, although just to the usual FPSC Zombie Game standard

The Bad:
- Slow framerate. And my PC is able to play each and every MMO and arena shooter on highest settings
- Boring gameplay. I just ran to find the weapons and kill everything, then unlocked the door.

The Ugly:
- Invisible enemies (My guess is that it has something to do with the water shaders because every zombie/mummy that stepped on these areas became invis)
- Bad collision outside, I always got stuck in the trees (hint: turn off collision for the whole tree and *stick* a slender pole with collision into the tree trunk )

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
greysword
Years of Service
User Offline
nice screens
i ll download it ASAP!!!!!
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 15:59
Quote: "The Good:
- Menu and intro music/sounds. One of the best I have seen.
- Lighting and interior design, although just to the usual FPSC Zombie Game standard"

Thanks!

Quote: "The Bad:
- Slow framerate. And my PC is able to play each and every MMO and arena shooter on highest settings
- Boring gameplay. I just ran to find the weapons and kill everything, then unlocked the door."

Hmm... I don't understand how everyone gets a slow framerate... I have like a solid 30-50 fps the whole time...

Quote: "The Ugly:
- Invisible enemies (My guess is that it has something to do with the water shaders because every zombie/mummy that stepped on these areas became invis)
- Bad collision outside, I always got stuck in the trees (hint: turn off collision for the whole tree and *stick* a slender pole with collision into the tree trunk )"

Thanks for the tree tip! I'll do that.

Layken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 16:22
Hi,

what you make this water (big pulle from mp 38) I remake the _S texture (metro theater room reflection) and still reflects the same room.

Can you send to my your _S texture of puddle?
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 16:41
@Layken: You have to make another fpe file of it, then change the texture there and it reflects the right image. It won't work by changing only the texture in the editor.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
no lag for me the gameplay was ok i loved the water effects but instead of 2 zombies at the beggining only one cause it was hard to get out and a bit more ammo but i loved hit!

Wat a signature?
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2010 22:23
Quote: "no lag for me the gameplay was ok i loved the water effects but instead of 2 zombies at the beggining only one cause it was hard to get out and a bit more ammo but i loved hit!"

There's two zombies in the beginning so it wouldn't be too easy.
And well, there's not really much ammo, because it's a lot scarier like that. Games with lots and lots and lots of ammo can't be scary.

Insane Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2010 14:05
Absolutley awsome dude, No lag, Level placement is good, id just change some of the in game sound effects too give it more of a horror ambiance/atmosphere

AMD Phenom Quad core 9950BE @ 3.6ghz, 8GB OcZ Ram OC@1600MHZ, 1GB ASUS HD4890 FSB OC.
Creating Game
Years of Service
User Offline
nice job mate
darkhero12
Years of Service
User Offline
good

DGS-Dark Game Studios
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2010 21:20 Edited at: 25th May 2010 21:51
Best if you post your specs Seko, then we can see if our systems'll run it. I don't need to worry, my specs are:

Windows 7 Home Premium
3GB RAM
AMD 64 X2 4400+ Dual Core 2.3GHz (I WANT A QUAD )
nVidia GT 240 1GB (although a lot of my games say it has 2GB )

It can run WaW with everything maxed out at 1280x720 at 30-59 FPS average on Zombies and it plays Crysis On High settings at 13-52 FPS, dependant on how intense everything is.

Downloading this right now anyway, 20 minutes remaining xD. I'll post a review later .

-EDIT- The game won't even start for me, I double-click the application yet nothing happens. I've set it to XP Compatibility mode but still nothing. I'm afraid it's a 0/10 for me since I can't play it at all.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
"Death is a surprise party. Unless, of course...you're already dead on the inside." - John Kramer, SAW III
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2010 22:18
Quote: "-EDIT- The game won't even start for me, I double-click the application yet nothing happens. I've set it to XP Compatibility mode but still nothing. I'm afraid it's a 0/10 for me since I can't play it at all."

Hmm, I have no idea why that is... Hmm...

Quote: "Best if you post your specs Seko, then we can see if our systems'll run it."

I've already posted it here.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=170102&b=21&msg=2016029#m2016029

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2010 01:01
my system

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 GHZ
2GB DDR2 800 MHz
Dual (2) GeForce 9800GT's 512 MB in SLI
Windows XP

I can run Crysis on highest settings, 8x AF, 4x AA, at 40 FPS constant. never below about 30, never above 60.

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2010 18:09
You serious Bugsy? My system works on highest settings on Crysis at 8-24FPS approx....

-SSG

--=. ,=--
"Death is a surprise party. Unless, of course...you're already dead on the inside." - John Kramer, SAW III
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2010 19:17
Bugsy: There goes your "so awesome" SLI rig,FPSC doesn't support SLI so you are getting use out of only 1 GPU.

Awesome game,will have to try.

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 01:21
Something odd is going on... I can run the EXE fine and click New Game, but right before it finishes loading, it closes out without any messages. Any help?

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 16:32
Quote: "Something odd is going on... I can run the EXE fine and click New Game, but right before it finishes loading, it closes out without any messages. Any help?"

I don't know...
I might stop using FPSC, because everything I make doesn't work on other people's computers...
Or just wait until 1.17...

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2010 01:23
It's all good, I'm not trying to attack you. But it sure looks good, so I'll say 'nice work' anyways

-PwP-

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2010 21:06
Quote: "It's all good, I'm not trying to attack you. "

I didn't think you were "attacking" me or anything. I just wonder why everything I make works fine on my computer, but almost never on others'...

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2010 23:11 Edited at: 12th Jun 2010 23:12
That's FPSC for 'ya

EDIT: Try building with a different mod. Maybe that'll work, and I think it's worth a shot...

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2010 00:29
It ran perfectly on my PC

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2010 07:42
Well, my PC can handle most games on quite high settings, so I don't think it's my computer that's the main prob.

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2010 12:24
Quote: "Well, my PC can handle most games on quite high settings, so I don't think it's my computer that's the main prob."

Hmmm! Maybe your screen resolution is bigger?

...I don't know if that could be anything though, because I'm stupid.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:28:10
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:28:10