Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Lack of functionality: DarkPhysX

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was using Sparky Collisions but I got a problem, see post :http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=169622&b=1 Then I decided to move to DarkPhysX to achieve Bullet-casting and ray-casting to give the player the ability to shoot but I think that there is a lack of commands in the Dark Physics/Rigid Body/Raycasting section

for example I've tried to check collisions against the level object: it worked, using Raycast BUT when I tried to check collisions against 'enemies' objects, I failed just because I don't have enough commands to determine which group of objects I want check:
even sparkly has many more functionality for collisions checking!

NickH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 21:05 Edited at: 5th May 2010 21:09
I used both DarkPhysX and Sparkys. I use DP for physics, collisions etc and Sparkys for raycasting with very little extra resource useage and no real difference in frame rate. Both together works perfectly for me. If you use the parts that work from DP it's good, but some parts aren't so good.

Sparkys, DarkPhysX, Matrix Utilities, EZRotate and my own particle engine makeup my game. You can't rely on DP for everything unfortunatly.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:48:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:48:38