Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / (X9) Unreal Gold Map Remake WIP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2011 18:56 Edited at: 27th Jun 2011 01:35
THREAD WAS MOVED, IF A MOD IS READING THIS PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD. Thanks!

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=186234&b=25

-Josh
Website is under construction
System Specs: AMD Phenom x3 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HD, HD Radeon 5770 1GB, 22in Acer Monitor

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2011 18:57
Does anyone know why my images are not showing up in the post? I click the image button and linked it to my picture on Imageshack. Anyone know why it's not working? O.o

--- Josh
I will be starting a youtube channel to show off my FPSC maps and other things that i do
Shadowdeath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2011 18:58
Looks okay.
More screens?
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2011 19:02
I would post more screens, but im not really done. And i don't won't to spoil it or anything Just be patient, im working on it right now and will hopefully have another screen up in a couple mins..

--- Josh
I will be starting a youtube channel to show off my FPSC maps and other things that i do
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2011 19:05
Ok i got another screenshot, im still working on this room because it's a little to dark. But if you remember this level at all, this is where i think the eightball was. Not entirely certain, but im not good at making guns so i just put the shotgun from model pack 10

--- Josh

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Shadowdeath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2011 19:21
Looks pretty good.
Little Bland, but it's good for a multiplayer map.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2011 19:24
Well as i stated its a WIP, and i only just started this about 2 days ago. I will add a lot more to it when i get to that point. I just want to get the basic level down, then move onto detail. But hopefully its a fun multiplayer map! Oh, i also fixed the FPS problem. For some reason when i added a window to the level it made the framerate go up by like 20?!?!? I get around 35-60FPS now

--- Josh
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2011 19:33 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2011 18:29
Put this in your first post:

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Come on down to my site at Unleashed FPSCreators
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2011 20:07
Thanks, but how do i edit my first post? Im kind of bad at this...

--- Josh
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2011 20:18
Im an idiot, nevermind my last message...

--- Josh
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2011 21:31 Edited at: 21st Jun 2011 21:34
How did you get the screenshot to work? PLEASE! Thanks

--- Josh
RelMayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 00:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NmrsSziZlc

Funny, the map is 1000 times more detailed in UEngine 1 (no offense, but you have a lot of work).

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger that 600 x 120.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 01:10
Funny how im not even done yet, and why this post was put into the "WIP" part of the forums. You have to realize this as well, FPSC is not as detailed as UEngine 1 is. I do not have as many textures/segments/entities to work with, and this is my first map. So im trying my best, i don't know how it will turn out, but im trying... Thanks for commenting at least, that makes me happy!

-Josh
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 01:29 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2011 01:29
mmmm

Quote: "You have to realize this as well, FPSC is not as detailed as UEngine 1 is. I do not have as many textures/segments/entities to work with"

then make your own? just a hint, If you cant find good media that fits the style you want to go.... Do it yourself! thats the Diy way!

and fpsc is just as detailed as creative you are.

Lets get into serious stuf
--------------------------------------
What about the blue text?.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 02:32
Yes i know that, im just bad at modeling and such... And i try to be creative in my levels, just my imagination will only get me so far... But thanks for the comments guys, there totally helping me make my game better XD

-Josh
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 02:56
And actually i should rephrase what i said. I know my game is not as detailed as it could be. Im not trying to make it really detailed, its a game made in FPSC and it's supposed to be fun and im trying to take the original map and change it up a bit to be good to FPSC users i guess. I don't know if that really makes sense, but im not going for detail, just fun!

-Josh
Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
@Exu Corporations - You need to stop working on this map now... Building MP maps in SP mode will NOT work period. When you build the game and distribute it you and ALL your users will end up with the Waiting To Join Error, trust me, we've tried it with a thousand configs, a thousand routers and a million builds. You have to develop any MP map from the start as an 'MP' map.

Want your games to look professional? Website! - Thread!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 11:32
Quote: "You have to realize this as well, FPSC is not as detailed as UEngine 1 is. "

Try looking at some other Projects on this board an you will see how wrong you are

If you want to make this map for fun, go for it...but please dont give us this "its fpsc, it doesn't look good anyway" stuff

-Wolf

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
Twitter:@Serygala http://serygalacaffeine.blogspot.com
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 18:23
@Sting - When did i ever say i was working in SP mode? Ive made like beta maps for me and my friends at school and it works fine?

@Wolf - Yes i know im wrong about most things, im kind of new to this and im an idiot for thinking that i know more than most people. But i was never really trying to say that FPSC doesn't look that good, its actually quite amazing if i may say so myself. Its a very good engine in which you can do a lot with it, im just starting out so im in the "learning" stage...

Does anyone actually want to like, help me with this. Since it is my first map and all, like can someone give me some pointers as to what im doing wrong and what i can change. Ill try uploading more screenshots if i can get it to work. Ill have a demo out soon for the map so people can try it out..

But thanks for the comments!

-Josh
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 18:31
what is the point? why do some people do remakes? we all know where this engine stands. but please try to be original. fpsc is a great engine once you know what you are doing.whats next a rage remake. too soon.lol

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 18:39 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2011 18:42
After that terrible comment(sorry some people just don't want to help), here are some of my suggestions to make your re-make better.

You should have more objects for cover. Not just open space everywhere. If someone sneeks up behind me I would have no chance.
Maybe add some boxes, crates, vehichles, ect...

Don't use all default media. Click this to go to a page that will give you the link to TONS of free media that would probably go great with this map.

Not just blank walls. A wall with nothing on it is pretty boring to look at. It may no seem like much but scenery is key to making good levels.

I wish you the bes of luck with this and I will be keeping a close watch on this.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 19:38
Thanks for the comment 2Beastmode4u

1. I have added some crates, and if you remember ever playing this map it is kind of open. Meaning that there isn't really a lot to hide behind. Ill take that advice though and add some things..

2. Im not using all default media, if you count model packs as default? Ill definitely check out that link though for some things, thanks!

3. Ill have to re-play the map again to see what i can change, But i kind of remember them being blank. Well i should probably change it since im not trying to copy it -___- But, like what would i put on the walls? Pipes? Decals? Blood?

Thanks for commenting and i finally figured out how to add screenshots, so i will start adding some more soon!

-Josh
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 19:43
IIRC deck 16 only really had crates at the top of the ramps section of the level. So yeah, it was kind of blank, with the architecture itself providing most of the cover...

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 20:01
GUYS NEW THREAD WITH WORKING PICTURES (FINALLY!)
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=186234&b=25

-Josh
granada
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 22:53 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2011 22:54
sorry wrong topic .

dave

Windows vist Premium,Windows Media Center,4 gig ram
Dual core AMD opteron processer 185 26i GHS,Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX 768Mb
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 22:55
Why didn't youy just edit the top post and ad the pictures of the newly updated stuff instead of making anouther thread? Not trying to be rude mind you but it wasn't exactly necessary, it would've been easier to do the above or just keep posting in this one. But anyway, your work is good, but the lighting could use work. Try to use an off white color for the white lights, because itll make your maps look less black and white and add more color, and for red lights and green lights go for a more dark crimson/dark aqua color for them and make their ranges a bit larger. Trust me it'll look cool .
Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "When did i ever say i was working in SP mode? Ive made like beta maps for me and my friends at school and it works fine?"

Well you just contradicted yourself there, first you state you didn't mention working in SP mode then state you already done it this way and it worked fine?

Secondly, yes you are working in SP mode because in MP mode you don't have the visuals bar present.

I recommend maturing a little if you're gonna ask for advice on the forum, I was just pointing out something that would save you time with the hundreds of tests we did, which proved conclusive.

Want your games to look professional? Website! - Thread!
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2011 03:22 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2011 04:19
I ment that ive made MP maps in MP mode, and they have worked at my school... I did mess up on this one, its to late now. Id rather finish it now then have to redo everything in the other mode... Also, ill try to change the lights up a bit Hamburger and see how it looks, thanks for commenting!

Also yea, i should have just edited the original post, but i wanted fresh comments and such. You know what i mean?

EDIT: I changed up the lights and made them more of a yellowish white. It looks better, but now i get this weird grey circle around the lights:

Any help with that?

-Josh
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2011 05:54
Certainly, move the lightmarker a bit below.

-Wolf

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
Twitter:@Serygala http://serygalacaffeine.blogspot.com
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2011 13:37 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2011 13:39
You need to resize those first screens - They look very stretched and generally ugly. Resizing them will sharpen them up considerably.

It's also a forum rule, so I suggest you abide by it:

Quote: "Screenshots should not exceed 800x600 pixels; no one wants to have to scroll to see your image. "

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2011 18:23
Quote: " if you remember ever playing this map it is kind of open. Meaning that there isn't really a lot to hide behind"

Yes, it was open but they still had scenery.

Quote: "Ill have to re-play the map again to see what i can change, But i kind of remember them being blank"

Blank, but not bland. Just looking at some videos I'm sure that there aare thing you could add... Pies will be good, maybe some spots where someone could jump pn a pipe in the corner up high and camp with a sniper or something.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2011 18:31 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2011 21:27
Quote: "maybe some spots where someone could jump pn a pipe in the corner up high and camp with a sniper or something."

I can't believe you would even say that, Unreal was never a game to camp. I mean i guess if you were sniping it would work, but generally it was never a game to camp in...

@Butt monkey (rly?) - Look at my new thread i made for this map, i know i should have started a new thread but its too late now. It has 800x600 images..

EDIT: I just added a screenshot from unreal gold to compare the map to mine. As you can see it's not incredibly detailed, it obviously has some stuff that mine doesn't but i don't really have those entities..

-Josh
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2011 21:49
Quote: "Unreal was never a game to camp"

Yes, but since you said:

Quote: "Well i should probably change it since im not trying to copy it "

I said what I said. I know it isn't a camp game. That is why I suggested it, to make it different from the original.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2011 23:39
Well that's what im trying to do, and im trying to keep it away from being a COD game and have everyone camping with the damn sniper rifle... But thanks for the suggestion, and im still working on it (the map)!

-Josh
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2011 01:09 Edited at: 25th Jun 2011 01:11
Quote: "Does anyone actually want to like, help me with this. Since it is my first map and all, like can someone give me some pointers as to what im doing wrong and what i can change"

I definitely recommend to work the other way round.

Just download EVERY single FPSC game and demo you can find and play them. If you see something you like, p.e interesting level design, natural looking lightmapping, high motivation for the player, try to learn how that was achieved and use that new knowledge for further developing your own game.

The added bonus of this "positive" approach is, that the final version will not be the result of everybodies advice but of your own development as a game creator.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2011 06:58
The Storyteller 01 - Thanks for the comment man, and i have definitely tried a lot of demo's and have payed attention to all of the things you have said. But if you want to be up to date with this map, go to the different thread i posted in this thread. Thanks for commenting!

Quote: "In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^"

Nah man, your spelling/grammars alright! Im trying to learn German myself, its a little hard but ill soon get the hang of it! Auf Wiedersehen! If i spelled that right XD

-Josh
System Specs: AMD Phenom x3 2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HD, HD Radeon 5770 1GB, 22in Acer Monitor

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 10:10:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 10:10:13