Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK price drop!

Author
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 11:15
I notice in the news section that AppGameKit is now even cheaper...

Before there's a tidal wave of complaints you might be interested to hear that existing users will be getting 4000 store points in recognition of our efforts and support!

Details here: http://www.thegamecreators.com/news/2012/05/agk-now-even-more-affordable/

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 11:17 Edited at: 9th May 2012 11:19
You are too fast for me baxslash!

Yes, later today when Paul is awake (he works during the night), an email will be sent to all existing AppGameKit users detailing the 4,000 points. Here's the template;

Dear %%FIRSTNAME%%,

We have recently released Version 1.07 to all AppGameKit users. It brings a whole host of new commands - from HTTP support to improved image manipulation commands. If you haven't already tried it out then just log in to your TGC account and download the latest versions from your order history.

Today we are also announcing a new lower price for AppGameKit, making it more accessible to Indie and Hobbyist developments worldwide. As a huge thank you to early adopters like you we are gifting you 4,000 Game Creator Store points worth $40. You can use these points to download objects from the Game Creator Store:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2103

The Game Creator Store has almost 5,000 game ready assets ready for inclusion into your next game project, it's a wonderful resource that grows in size weekly. AppGameKit will be supporting 3D later in 2012 so you'll be able to make use of any 3D objects you decide to purchase with the points we have awarded you with today.

We hope you're enjoying AppGameKit and that you have found it the perfect way to create cross-platform apps. AppGameKit is our flagship product and we could not have made it what it is without your support and feedback.

Sincerely

Lee Bamber, CEO
The Game Creators Ltd

Financial Director
TGC Team
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 11:21 Edited at: 9th May 2012 11:23
This is great news, both for new and old users!

A bigger community is "never" a bad thing and 4000 store points isn't bad either

I have never heard of a compqny giving away stuff to previous buyers to mqke up for a price drop. This is why we love you TGC!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
not much use for the store points here

would have preferred to get some kind of credit note voucher against the purchase of a future agk upgrade
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 11:33
Quote: "not much use for the store points here "

Well AppGameKit will get 3D in the future + most companies wouldn't have given us anything....
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 11:37
The work on the 3D engine is starting this week! So you will in time be able to make those model move around in AppGameKit!

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
3d will be a paid update though. i don't expect it to be free either. although i like the idea of 3d i don't have any plans to make any 3d projects myself. i would prefer to get more solid 2d commands and get agk up on par with darkbasic when it comes to 2d.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 11:42
If the full version is only £35 I doubt paying for the upgrade will hit anyone too hard.

Quote: "although i like the idea of 3d i don't have any plans to make any 3d projects myself."

You know what, I used to love making 3D games but I fell in love again with 2D after the Box2D plugin came out for DBPro and AppGameKit has just reinforced that. I will certainly use 3D when it comes out but my heart is very much in 2D these days.

Loving the new site too Rick, once the bugs are ironed out it will be a very impressive advert for TGC.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Agree Baxslash. Even paying another £35 for 3d is no big deal, even for me that won't plan to use it for a couple of years!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 11:49
I'm just wondering when the store points will become available? There are a few things I'd consider using them on...?

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 11:55
The points should be available around 2:30pm GMT (assuming Paul doesn't sleep in)..

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Rick can you Gift the store points from one account to another? I would like to give them away to someone as I don't have any use for them
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 12:03
bjadams - I'm sorry we can't do that. It will be a bulk process that runs through the full database.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Rick, I mean AFTER i get the points. Is there a function in the store to gift them, similar to the itunes store.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 9th May 2012 12:28
Whoooosa!

Kudos to TGC yet once more...

Walks quietly over to the GC store...

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 12:29
bjadams - no, there's no such option in the store.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
New website layout looks great
Krisacz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 14:26
I agree, layout looks great, but it is displayed incorrectly in Chrome
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 14:31
The front page banner overlaps the buttons below in IE too...

polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 14:36
yep, it hates Chrome,

Blackberry App Development & ZX Spectrum Game Development.
Redostrike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 14:46
Firefox has problems too.

Nice store points never used my old points i still have maybe its time to dig in AppGameKit again now with in game advert and http commands sweet.

(Mod Note: Please don't link to suspected maleware sites, thank you!)
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 14:51
Looks fine on Chrome here!

-- Jim
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 15:16
Hi,
I would like to put our feet on the ground.
Before dreaming about 3, 4D, 5D, etc, I would like that the following things to be fixed soon:
- fix bugs for 1.071 commands
- publish complete documentation for all new commands
- publish updated and working AppGameKit Player for all platforms
- make stable and error-free the process to compile Tie-1 application into Android, iOS and other operating systems.
Personally I am focused on Tier-1 and 2D development: 3D and Tier-1 are not out of reach. But since programming game is an hobby for me, and I have a primary job that (at least for now) grants a piece of bread for me and my family, I cannot lose too much time in time consuming activities as dealing with 3D or C++.
The conclusion is: I will be happy to spend some money (not too much) for 3D upgrade in the feature, but I do need a perfectly 1.07x working platform with all working docs, commands, players, Tier-1 compiling process, otherwise 1) I risk to be stuck into 1.065 to maintain and update my current apps on Google Play market and 2) to migrate to alternative platforms...and I do not want to do it because I has been with TGC stuff (DBPro and AGK) since 2010, I wrote 5 games with DBPro and 4 apps with AppGameKit, and I love it.
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 15:27
Quote: "The work on the 3D engine is starting this week! So you will in time be able to make those model move around in AppGameKit!"

Yaay! I have been waiting for this !

This is nice that AppGameKit is now on discount. Hope to see some more users

Follow me on twitter! @kamac496
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree with MarcoBruti. Get agk on par with darkbasic when it comes to 2d first.
Krisacz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 15:55
Hmmm... might be a silly question but how do I redeem those store points? I'm adding something to my Basket, then going to Checkout and then...? :-|
MobileCreator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 15:59
I was first excited about the 4,000 points because I thought it could be used to buy AppGameKit goods, like fonts pack. Now I see that it is not for that, so I'm not sure if I'll ever use them... I understand TGC has no obligation to give anything in compensation for the price drop, but maybe giving away things that are associated to the product that is being changed would be a better move...

What I'd like to see from now on is shorter release periods, even with few additions at a time, but with all platforms supported at the same time.

I still love AppGameKit, and it has a lot of potential to rule the market, but the release policy is kind of unpredictable at this point.

Cheers

Paulo

----------
Paulo
http://www.mobilecreators.com
polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 16:01
So, these points are *only* redeemable on game objects? I was hoping to put the points towards that DarkBASIC pack,

AgentSam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 16:49
Indeed.

The sentiments expressed above (by polomint and MobileCreator) are my feelings exactly.
Game Creator Store points aren't such a big deal...

Is this a typical compensation method for TGC? (Having no past experience on such matters, being a relatively new member.)
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 16:52
I have to be honest, with AppGameKit, dreams come true.
Ashambles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 17:25
This is great! I just started playing with the AppGameKit trial this weekend after following the project since its announcement. I thought the original price was reasonable, but this change will definitely make it possible for me to embrace the full version without hesitation. And I'm likely to buy supporting products as well.

So far I'm having fun with Tier 1, although it's been hard thinking in BASIC again and not object-oriented (my main language is Javascript). I suppose I could learn enough C++ to go Tier 2, but I like the idea of learning the BASIC version and teaching it to my 9 yo nephew!

So thanks TGC!

@MuseHill
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 17:33
Quote: "So, these points are *only* redeemable on game objects? I was hoping to put the points towards that DarkBASIC pack, "

Points = For TGC store.
Vouchers = For TGC products.

I am not sure if I am going to use my points either. I'll browse the store and see if I can find something nice

Follow me on twitter! @kamac496
polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 17:34
ahh thanks kamac, I understand now. I'm sure I can find summat to spend them on,

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 17:59 Edited at: 9th May 2012 18:34
If you already owned AppGameKit before the price decrease then the 4,000 Game Creator Store points are now live in your account.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 18:01 Edited at: 9th May 2012 18:12
Yayy, time to go on a spending spree, lol

EDIT: Dammit! Even The Game Creator Store application won't run unless the desktop is in 32bit colour.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 18:13
Quote: "If you already owned AppGameKit before the price decrease then the 4,000 Game Creator Store points are now live in your account."

either that or I am tired too...

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 18:35
Opps! Edited that now.

Financial Director
TGC Team
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 18:44 Edited at: 9th May 2012 18:55
All change today, new look web site and this!! I'm not entirely surprised about this, I guessed 12 months before a price drop, but I think it is a little short of that. TGC needs to keep new users coming in. Hmm, what to do with those store points? I still have to redeem the ones I won in the ADG compo!

Edit - Just checked my account, I have receieved 2000 points? I thought it was 4000?

Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 18:55
Most product is more expensive in the start, and the £whatever you think you wasted by being early, is easy to get back by making apps with the new ad system, I put up a silly little app on android store named "Midnight Horror" on sunday, and already I have $2 from ads, and that is just while testing the app, since almost noone have downloaded it yet.

I placed an AppGameKit ad-sprite under the inner-active ad system, since it does not allways show up properly, and it's clickable with a openbrowser command to the AppGameKit site.

I'm sure someone would buy your storepoints at a reduced price. You can just buy and download the assets, and send them to the buyer, and get money by paypal or so.

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 19:08
Quote: "Just checked my account, I have receieved 2000 points? I thought it was 4000?"

You should have 2 lots of 2000. Looking at your account everything seems fine, and logging into the store should show 4000 points.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Right oh, I did go back and double check thinking there might be another I had missed, but I didn't see anything else then. Thanks Paul.

Impetus73, I'm sure most of us understand the need to push a product into a larger userbase. So I doubt many are that thinking they wasted their cash. Sure, I could have held back and purchased today for instance, but I would still have had to get to know the program and learn it's quirks, whereas by buying early, I am now fairly well versed with tier 1 quirks, and can avoid or take advantage of them fairly well
Oh are you sure you will actually get that shiny $2? If you are the only one to have clicked? It seems to me there must be some check or something done for your ip address or such, to stop someone doing that. Else you could write a program that just clicks randommly all day long.....Ka-Ching! Lmao. I still need to get signed up for inneractive, the company name bugs me. I am currently stuck even thinking of a dummy company name for now lol. Can it be changed once joined up I wonder? I was going to use my old name for games projects , but it seems they exist already, so now I need a new name idea lol.

Stormwire
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks TGC for the store points I really appreciate it Now I can get a few 3D models to turn into sprites!
polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 19:28
DVader: Don't try RibenaSoft, that's mine, :p lol

Trisect Development
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 20:24
Well I see it this way.
If I did wait for AppGameKit to fallen in price I would not have won my PlayBook.

I'm not sure I'll ever use those points but the PlayBook should cover what ever my losses should be.

Keep track of your milage and deductions
Get Driver Logbook
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 20:36
DVader, inneractive makes money everytime I click my ad's, so why should they deny themselves that?

If I click several times from the same IP, I do get a standard "US GreenCard" page after the 2'nd click, so I guess they limit the clicking to 1 time for every time the game is started on the device with the same IP. But I test alot, so I register alot of clicks

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 12:42
@Impetus73.
How did you activate Ads on Android/Play Market? Since I have 4 apps and the earnings are not so exciting (2-3€/month), I would like to add ads, at least to reach 10€/month . But I have no idea how to do that. Could you give us some links that could light our minds?
Nokiaqd
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, you guys ...
First I bought a Dark Basiс then pro, then dark.net then agk

okay

forgotten . net & DB

Now, throw down the price of agk and give everyone who bought a strange gift ...
that's just you do not take into account that some of these gifts "like aspirin to treat the dead" ...

In general, I think for 3 more years, I never bought that content to me he did not seem interesting .... I want to choose another gift to yourself!

I'm upset! In the future I will think three times before I buy something

badablog.ru - bada developer
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 16:42
Are you seriously complaining that you got the wrong gift?

Do you know any other ocation when a company has given all previous buyers a gift because they brought the software early. If you go out and buy a game on release, do you expect to get a gift one year later when the game has droped in price to "make up for the money you wasted"?

Stop complaining and be happy that they actually gave us something!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 16:50
from what what I can see this is a brilliant thing TGC has done as the points used mean more cash towards the content creators on the store... I could be wrong...

I just wish I has some stuff on there already ^^ [I do plan to make stuff soon though... someone point me to the correct door please ]

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 16:53
I think the old saying goes, "You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time".

I am personally grateful and look forward to seeing what assets I might get.

Don't forget that this announcement also means it is very likely that updates to AppGameKit will cost less than £35. Before we had no idea what an update might cost but you would expect it to cost less than the full product cost right?

Let's not start giving TGC a hard time for making their products cheaper and giving away free gifts!!! Hello?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 04:15:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 04:15:14