Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK price drop!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2012 14:19
You can use C++ for XNA if you wish.

-- Jim
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure but not for the Windows Phone platform
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I have never used the Game Store before, but saw this in the terms:

Quote: "You may not integrate any Asset within a Game which is either: (i) commercially exploited by any person (including, by way of example only, a Game which is distributed in return for payment or any other benefit); or (ii) reproduced in more than 100 copies (each a "Commercial Game"), unless and until You have entered into a separate written licence agreement with the Asset supplier permitting the use of the Asset in a Commercial Game"

Does this mean if we purchase music etc., it may not qualify for sale on app markets--if it gets more than 100 downloads or...?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 12th May 2012 18:09
here we go, fasten your seat belts...

[in plain text, I would like to know the answer too]

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
What I would like to know is, how are these limits generally enforced?

Not just with TGC, but with general sites that sell clip art, etc...
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2012 23:08
It's just red tape for the lawyers... so they can claim they told you so, of some artist or copyright holders want to sue you for the use of their stuff, or sue the publisher. It's just to clear their back. With thousands of developers, someone is doomed to use copyrighted material, and get sued over it.

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2012 23:16
Quote: "[in plain text, I would like to know the answer too]"

Ignore it.

Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2012 23:25
Yep, ignore it until someone sue you, then fry your harddrive with magnetimpulse tools, burn down your house, and run into the woods and hide a few years. or just stay legal.

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
With all the copyright notices and legalities its impossible to do a project today unless you do all the graphics, programming and audio by yourself from scratch!!!!!

even using mp3 on ios is not so clear. some says apple pay the licence fees, others say stay aware!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2012 00:36
Yes, ignore it and just stay legal.

If you're successful enough to get sued then well done

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 18:14
Hi Guys,

It's a thorny area, and generally we at TGC avoid the whole mess by originating all our own media from scratch and keep all the work in progress back-ups, so if someone does try to sue us in the future, we'd have a field day at court

Also, if you buy an asset from the TGC site that we say you can use commercially, then you are granted the right to exploit that asset as if it was your own work. The asset you receive is in a 'pre-commercial state', in the same way that you might hire an artist to prepare some textures or audio for you, and you then use that work in your app. Just because you paid your artist in advance does not make the asset commercially exploited until you use it. You can further muddy the legal waters by incorporating the asset in an encrypted or obfuscated form and built into your binary, thus making it a derivative work of the original asset.

Generally, you only person you are in danger from is the person who originally created the work. If you created it yourself, all good. If you bought it from someone who gave you the right to exploit it commercially, also good.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2012 13:47
Indoposting, not sure quite what you mean?

1-AGK is not a game it's a Software Development Kit
2-The price of all games hasn't dropped

You're a real person I think but you sure sound like an Ad Bot or slap me in the face with a kipper!

NOTE: If I were convinced of the former I would happily accept the latter!

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
The website footer does not give much positive indication!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2012 19:59
can we get IndoPosting's post removed its a viral bot ad... linking to a profiteering site... in short an irrelavent ad based link...

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2012 21:28
He has been nuked.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2012 21:58
thank you

[So thats what the big red button does ]

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2012 22:13 Edited at: 13th Jun 2012 22:24
Vat at 20% is added to the end of the purchase, not before, so you have an extra 7.60 pounds added on this product that you do not know about till the end. I am not sure if doing that is illegal, reason being, if you just see a total price at the start, the customer isn't aware of how much vat is on the product, they just see the total cost with everything inclusive, and think no more, tax man likes that, but if you show only pre vat prices, then add it right at the end, the customer gets annoyed when he sees the extra cost they may not of been aware of. Customers then become very aware of how much extra the item costs due to vat, the tax man doesn't like that, makes them look bad, hence, if I am correct, its illegal.

I have read this somewhere official, but lost the link, Ill have to check again, otherwise everyone would do it, get em through the door with cheaper prices (ie no vat showing) then put it on at the end, stealth vat if you like, then give the impression, look how cheap it would be if it wasn't for the evil vat man.

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2012 01:16
Unless it is explicitly for business (like wholesaling building materials) in the UK the VAT Inclusive price must be shown in advertising of any form.

-- Jim
XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I could see them supporting PSVita but I would be cautious on doing anything there. Sony seems to be having a slight issue moving hardware. I think they need a price drop to make it more appealing.
Mister Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2012 23:19
Quote: "I have never heard of a compqny giving away stuff to previous buyers to mqke up for a price drop. This is why we love you TGC!"
Nintendo did this for the 3DS, offering 10 free e-shop games to early buyers... Not unheard of.
Quote: "AGK will be supporting 3D later in 2012"
Finally!

ALIEN(S)!!!!!!!!1!! (and sausages)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 14:32:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 14:32:25