Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK V2 Kickstarter

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2013 20:08 Edited at: 30th Jul 2013 20:09
about Box2D,
i think allowSleep is missing (for a sprite) and some kinds of joints.
saw in manual 8.5 (xCept),
jointDef.frequencyHz = 4.0f; jointDef.dampingRatio = 0.5f;
http://box2d.org/index.html
DrT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2013 03:21
A few years ago I put together a command summary sheet for the Box2D plug-in for Dark Basic Pro - see attached. At that time, I considered the plug-in to be VERY complete.

Shortly thereafter, I used the command summary sheet to determine which functions were absent from AGK. I pointed out some of the issues in the forum as referenced by xCept.

After waiting for some time and seeing no action taken, I moved onto other development platforms that fully implemented Box2D.

I recently decided to see how things are progressing with AGK. I came across this topic and wanted to share some history associated with it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks DrT, I hope all of those commands will be ported to AppGameKit V2!
eborr
Years of Service
User Offline
Happy to commit 35 to this project,not entirely sure why though, I hate basic, am not great at c++, committed to windows, loath apple and all of it's works, dabbled a bit in android, and generally develop stuff which demands high quality artwork eg big screens

I guess I just have a softspot for independent developers in the north of England.

Best of luck with this, btw, having invested in version 1 as well as the v 2 when can I get my copy of version 1
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2013 02:53
quick question.... I was a gold pledger on paypal and im also from Canada. Did I need to pledge more to get my t-shirt shipped?? I think the kickstarter page said to add 3 pounds to it. I didn't have that option on paypal. Can someone from tgc let me know if I need to send more money and how/when... and how much??

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2013 07:10
@TGC

i got question i live in united states.. if tgc is taking money from kickstarter on aug 9, is that august 8 or august 9 or august 10 for united states backers.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2013 02:18
Ah missed some talk on the last page and just catching up...

Quote: "Hi,
As we have said recently before. We are now only working on AppGameKit and FPSC Reloaded. We have seen the errors of our ways and are working to make these two products the best we have ever created.

Come back and judge us in a years time!

Rick"

what errors?? Rick I think you guys do an amazing job and are responsible for keeping me interested in program development

Im judging you now and I hafta say.... these are some exciting times in the coding universe.... Im very pleased with my agk v1 and even if people claim it has bugs... a good coder learns ways to work with or around them. As far as im concerned AppGameKit v1 is perfectly fine!

Im also pleased with darkbasic pro as its kept me busy for years...
I look forward to seeing some ouya support as well as the new promised 3d animation commands and being able to load animated .x

I also want to add a note that it only took me 1 application created on agk v1 to pay for itself including the time I put into it.

@greenster ...if it was unusable.... how are soo many creating great things? Bugs aside... if your looking to flame a great product and ruin it for others that would like to see it continue to grow....that's your agenda...on the other hand if you need help with agk im sure a large amount of people from the agk forums can help.

ET3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "if tgc is taking money from kickstarter on aug 9, is that august 8 or august 9 or august 10 for united states backers."

The Kickstarter page tells you the exact local time the project will end (under the "manage your pledge" button you'll see "This project will be funded on ...").

That's not when TGC get the money, though. Once the project is over Kickstarter will attempt to charge all the credit cards. If any card fails, the backer has two weeks to sort it out. TGC only gets all the money after the two weeks are over.
leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2013 06:05
Et3d
Thanks for a respond..another question does that include using a debt card instead of a credit card. Don't have a credit card.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 9th Aug 2013 06:10
leo877 - VISA DEBIT cards work fine if you are talking about what I think you are asking about...

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2013 06:16
MrV

Yes...thanks
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2013 07:03 Edited at: 9th Aug 2013 07:19
I'm excited that AppGameKit V2 made it through all the key stretch goals. Windows Phone 8 is still very much a gamble whether or not it will be a viable competitor to Google and Apple or a profitable market for many developers.

Microsoft just slashed the cost of developer licenses by 80% and introduced a Web-based drag-and-drop app creator with no coding. In other words, their app store will soon be overwhelmed by template-based cookie-cutter applications in a "quantity over quality" approach.

I would like to see the excess funds acquired through the Kickstarter (beyond stretch goal 4) put toward polishing up many other aspects of the engine including box2d, memblocks, and other items voted for in the AppGameKit survey instead of putting it towards a future Windows 8 endeavor.
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2013 10:15
Actually we're running late behind win 8 developers. I just purchased a new Nokia last week and its pretty busy with apps.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2013 10:24
I haven't been on this site in years but I am backing this project. Can't wait to get dirty with it!

RF
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2013 10:43
Well, congratulations TGC! AppGameKit V2 successfully funded!

TimH
Years of Service
User Offline
Congrats to TGC! I'm kinda new to AppGameKit but love to see it evolving to an even better programming tool.
me_apps
Years of Service
User Offline
I love it
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 9th Aug 2013 13:20
Totally yay! so first BETA expected in October?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2013 13:42
Due to financial problems I've had to drop my pledge down to Standard Backer level no T-shirt for me... also my badge needs changing.

I'll back later if/when things get better but for now I just can't justify it when I have 3 kids to feed. Really disappointed but that's life.

I am really looking forward to trying some of the new features though

If GetDayOfWeek()=5 then initParty()
Kristensen
Years of Service
User Offline
So when to expect the first beta version to play with ?
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2013 16:00 Edited at: 10th Aug 2013 14:13
@baxslash
I know what you mean. Back when I was raising my kids and I had to try and justify buying a Commodore 1540 floppy drive. Don’t you just hate it when wife’s use logic against you.

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
AGK Community Tester
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2013 20:31
What about writing a player for windows 8 phone, that translate open GL commands to direct x, so we can make the android apps work, with some overhead? Too hard maybe?

----------------
AGK programmer
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2013 11:42
Got a friend who just now replied to my message about v2. Seems like the Paypal option is till open. How long will that be? I also noticed that there are still the early bird option available for Paypal, which seems strange. Also, the page does not mention access to v1 which should be from bronze and up.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2013 12:05
Great to hear v2 get funded!

Will we get an AGKv2 blog from Paul like Lee does with FPSC-R?

Guardian
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask. I pledged through paypal for the bronze level. Do I still receive the AppGameKit 1 as well?

Thanks
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Will we get an AGKv2 blog from Paul like Lee does with FPSC-R?
"

I would like that very much, even if it's just a simple bullet list of what was achieved at the end of each day or week (a lot like Lee's old blog for Freedom Engine).

The Kickstarter backers will also want to receive regular updates throughout the development process as is standard procedure.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2013 00:36
I want at least monthly reports on Kickstarter. Weekly or biweekly updates would be better.

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2013 19:12 Edited at: 11th Aug 2013 19:13
Where is my t-shirt

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
a couple of short sentences every week would be more than enough. daily would be super!
me_apps
Years of Service
User Offline
Great would be an update of all pledge from kickstarter and paypal.. like a summary...
Rais
Years of Service
User Offline
When will TGC contact us? Would like to get access to v1.
TimH
Years of Service
User Offline
I guess TGC will first want Kickstarter to charge the credit cards. Usually that process takes up to two weeks.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2013 20:13
They already did.

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
Tristanlogd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2013 16:26
Thanks for the amazing product guys, I am building my proof of concept slowly, but much more quickly than from scratch. Very happy you all reached way more than you asked for V2, I for one cannot wait!

Realm of Ages
http://realmofages.net/forums/
The Daddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2013 20:15
I was somewhat dismayed that after GOLD backer the rest seemed aimed at corporations / teams with x amount of seats etc.

I am not a team....(ignoring my multiple personalities), however spending more seemed to come with no extra advantages?

An idea for future projects could be the offer an above gold backing, giving direct email and or telephone support....direct to the developers / support team?

Just an idea as i would happily invest more, having paid for DB Pro and AppGameKit, and now paying extra, admittedly for a better product, i believe the the TGC model, however, more investment must offer me more than extra seats!

Just my little thoughts!

www.bitmanip.com
All the juicy you could ever dream of!
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Why was I charged $1.17 in postal fees for the early bird deal? There was nothing to ship It's no problem to me at all and adds up to ~$40 as promised, but I expected this money to go to TGC, even it it's a small amount. Multiplying that amount out could build up across backers.

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2013 01:41
swissolo - If you hide in cyberspace it's a bit hard for us to comment or help. The postal system in cyberspace is known to over-charge.

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "swissolo - If you hide in cyberspace it's a bit hard for us to comment or help. The postal system in cyberspace is known to over-charge."

Surely location is irrelevant if the given deal is not shipping anything though correct?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 16:05:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 16:05:58