Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Who here still uses Weapon Creator?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 14:32
Hey ya'll, how's it going?

I'm just wondering who on these forums still uses my baby Weapon Creator. Is it still being used or have you moved on to other options? I'm considering writing a new version for 2015, for FPSC Reloaded. Let me know if ya'll would be interested in that!

Peace,
Codemaster

wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 15:34
Hey code master.
Well, can't say I've even heard of your product, but I did a search, and couldn't find much info. Could you tell us a little about what the program does. Sounds like something I might be interested in. I don't use Guru much, but bought it while it was on sale, and have it on the backburner for future use. That being said, I'm sure that Guru users would like any tools they can get, as Guru doesn't have the legacy swag that FPSC has.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 15:44
Quote: "I'm just wondering who on these forums still uses my baby Weapon Creator. Is it still being used or have you moved on to other options?"

Missed out on it. Had to settle for FPSC Toolbox. From what I read, it would have been a good tool to have in one's arsenal.

Quote: "Well, can't say I've even heard of your product, but I did a search, and couldn't find much info. Could you tell us a little about what the program does."

This outlines it pretty good.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 16:04
Quote: "Hey code master.
Well, can't say I've even heard of your product, but I did a search, and couldn't find much info. Could you tell us a little about what the program does. Sounds like something I might be interested in. I don't use Guru much, but bought it while it was on sale, and have it on the backburner for future use. That being said, I'm sure that Guru users would like any tools they can get, as Guru doesn't have the legacy swag that FPSC has."

Hey there wizardious. The link BlackFox posted does describe it well. Basically, it was a graphical interface for importing custom weapons into FPSC. I have been a bit out of touch with the community of late, what exactly is Game Guru? You have my interest.

Quote: "Missed out on it. Had to settle for FPSC Toolbox. From what I read, it would have been a good tool to have in one's arsenal.
"

BlackFox, would you say you are at all interested in a new version of Weapon Creator?

- Codemaster

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 17:47
Weapon Creator, oh my gosh. I remember that one. I think I
still have a demo of it somewhere. I was great (in it's time).
Especially for aligning the gun hud and muzzle flash then saved it
to the "gunspec" file.

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 19:02
@BlackFox Thanks for the link, I missed that one somehow.

@ code master Ya, I'm interested in your Weapon Creator. However, this program, was back in the day when "no hands" was standard issue for FPSC. Would the program be able to align weapons that have hands? Would be nice to change muzzleflashes and gunspec settings ect... on the fly. I did notice your website is down though.
P.S.-FPSC Reloaded is now GameGuru.
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 19:07
wizardious: Yes, as a matter of fact the original version of Weapon Creator would handle weapons with hands just fine. An updated version could only improve on this capability. Unfortunately the website has been closed for a number of years now, which is why I'm so curious if any users still exist.

So FPSC Reloaded suddenly does more than just First Person Shooters? How strange!

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 19:58
@code master
I just realized, you made this program..
Sorry, I thought you were just asking about it.
Yes! Definitely would be interested in an update version.
I bought FPSC-Toolbox, but after awhile had problems and stopped
working properly. Something to align weapons would be great.
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 23:53
I might be interested as well.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2015 12:39
If you could make this work for GameGuru, I feel you would do very well! There are a lot of talented artists on those forums that are struggling to get weapons working correctly.

I for one would be very interested in getting my hands on a version that would help me make weapons.

Cheers

Jay.

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 19:23
Thanks for the input everybody!

I'm glad to hear there is still interest in a product like this!

Considering Game Guru us essentially FPSC reloaded, and Reloaded is essentially FPSC Classic, I think development for the new platform is totally feasible. Now to get my hands on GameGuru!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:27:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:27:03