Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBPro and Windows 10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anybody knows if there are problems running DBPro in Win 10?

Lucka - gawteam coder - www.gawgames.com
MateiSoft Romania
Years of Service
User Offline
Well as far as i know if you download SYNERGY EDITOR you will have no problems!

Alex Matei CEO
www.alexmatei.com
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2015 19:06 Edited at: 10th Aug 2015 19:07
I have windows 10 64 bit using Synergy IDE and so far DBPro works the same as it did using windows 8.1 - ok.
IanM matrix plugins, I have used quite a few, all seem to work as well.
If I find problems with any plugins etc I will post.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 10th Aug 2015 19:52
Quote: "I have windows 10 64 bit using Synergy IDE and so far DBPro works the same as it did using windows 8.1 - ok.
IanM matrix plugins, I have used quite a few, all seem to work as well.
If I find problems with any plugins etc I will post."

Same here - except I upgraded directly from W7. No important problems yet.

Powered by Free Banners
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2015 19:57
I'm getting ready to update a win 7 machine this week as well, we'll see how it goes!

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2015 00:43
I'm still chicken because of I task I have to finish over the next few weeks; ironically the most important computing life-or-death task ever... Once done, I will start my upgrade.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2015 01:13
Quote: "I'm still chicken because of I task I have to finish over the next few weeks; ironically the most important computing life-or-death task ever... Once done, I will start my upgrade.
"

I'll save you some effort, the answer is 42. carry on.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2015 01:32
lol

Mage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2015 15:18
Windows 10? Wow I've been here a long time.
(popping in ever 4 months)

Here's me upgrading to Windows Vista:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99812&b=1

Here's me complaining and going back to WindowsXP
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=116610&b=1

I think my earliest comment is in 2000 on a free Dark Basic Classic account. Time flies!

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2015 18:35
Yeah, I'm at Windows 7 and Office 2010. I don't see that changing any time soon. Then again, somewhere around here I still have the original CD from the Windows 95 Beta that I was a part of.
CSL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2015 16:17 Edited at: 18th Aug 2015 16:21
I upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 (Home). While the DBPro IDE works, my compiled programs slowed down to a crawl. Recompiling them didn't help.
I also reinstalled everything, but with the same results. I use the Matrix1 Utility plug in.

My system specs: i7-3770, 12Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD, GTX 970 video

Anyone having the same issues?

**EDIT: I also have the latest version of DBPro (7.62) and the Synergy Editor

CSL
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2015 19:53
I upgraded to win 10.

at the beginning I had similar problem but then I noticed that microsoft one drive for business is syncing large amount of files from microsoft server into the upgraded computer and the amount of memory used was up to 78%.

I stopped the syncing and all gone well now.

go to your task manager and see if any program is using large amount of memory/CPU.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2015 22:51
i finished setting up w10 last night, happily the os installed without a hitch, i haven't installed dbpro yet add i figured this would be a good opportunity to test deploying dbpro programs to a clean non dev system.

first program i tried to run (compiled on w7) threw an error about a missing dbproDebug.dll.

will do some more testing

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2015 01:44
Till tonight I hadn't noticed any problems running or compiling my old DBPro programs. Now some of them won't run and just throw the standard Windows stopped working error. No idea what the problem is yet.

Powered by Free Banners
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2015 09:01
So as usual, installing and updating directX 9.0c as directed in this thread has cleared up all the missing dll errors, odd though that it was erroring on Dbpro debug dlls, and not specifically on d3d dlls...

anyway, there is still an odd program or snippet here and there that simply fails to even try to launch. it doesn't crash or anything, it doesn't even open a window or task, it just does absolutely nothing. odd, but none of these have been anything important so I haven't looked into troubleshooting them.

More importantly, I'm ecstatic to report that after a only a minor issue with my code to silently auto install fonts, my major project Sulium compiles and runs without issue

I ran dbpro off a flash drive to compile, so it still hasn't been installed directly onto the PC.

Of additional note, my project makes use of the following plugins which therefore appear to be fully compatible with windows 10:

- Sparky's collision

- IanM's Matrix 1 (not all are used, but a good portion of the common ones)

- Cloggy's D3D

- Duffer's Sqlite3

- Evolved's AdvLighting (yeah, not a plugin .dll, but you know...)

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 22nd Aug 2015 20:51
Quote: "missing dbproDebug.dll. "

Remember to remove injecting debug code on Release versions in project settings...

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2015 16:32 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2015 16:33
Quote: "Till tonight I hadn't noticed any problems running or compiling my old DBPro programs. Now some of them won't run and just throw the standard Windows stopped working error. No idea what the problem is yet."

Actually, it seems that only one of my projects fails because of the upgrade and I have a horrible feeling that I "improved" it recently and left it in a non-working state just before the W10 upgrade - and of course the only earlier working version is currently inaccessible on a temporarily (I hope ) defunct PC.

Life can be a pain at times ... I blame the weather.

Powered by Free Banners
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 23rd Aug 2015 19:54
I enjoy fresh installs even wrote a guide to keep it solid on each refresh...

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2015 16:38
Quote: "Till tonight I hadn't noticed any problems running or compiling my old DBPro programs. Now some of them won't run and just throw the standard Windows stopped working error. No idea what the problem is yet."

Found the problem. Seems to be caused by the D3D plugin. When I commented those bits out the project worked fine - other than the missing 3D text of course. It was the only project of mine which used that plugin. Looks like a report to the plugin's author (Cloggy?) is needed.