Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Well.....im defeated.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 20:05 Edited at: 5th Nov 2005 20:59
After much screwing around with getting my own animated decals into my project, I've sadly discovered that FPSC decals are apparently "hard coded" to 4 images across to 4 images high in a 1024 X 1024 bit map. It seems it completely ignores the "across" and "down" values in the decalspec.txt file. You see, the image I created was 5 images long in 1 row. The image is 1024 x 256. In my decalspec file I stated 5 across and 1 down. It didn't work. And to not have any control over the animation speed is simply ridiculous. Also my black background wasn't transparent. I did delete the dds file it generated every time I tested so the engine could start fresh. Unless I'm missing something I'm very disappointed.

edit:

I fixed my image to 1280 X 256 because I realised that 5 images x 256 did not equal 1024. I still doesn't work.

edit:

I reduced the animation to 4 frames of 256 X 256 stacked in 2 rows of two resulting in an image thats 512 X 512. I changed the decalspec file to "accross 2" and "down 2" It still doesn't work. What a limitation.

If your designing a game and you want an animated sprite, you should be able to have it as many frames as you like or need plus how fast is animates, thats just logical.

Lon
doom on cats
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 18:11
well, i'm with u, i think there is alot of stuff they missed and skipped over, i'm kind of pissed off, the demo was full of crap, so i'm not buying it.
Doctor Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 19:50
@ idiot, if your not going to buy it then you have gone mentally insane. The demo doesn't do the full version justice.

Mwahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!
Bosco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 08:41
Thats why his name is "idiot"

Go to:--------> http://www.agsoftware.cjb.net
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 10:51
idiot - That was slightly uncalled for. Firstly, if you think FPSC is full of crap, why are you even here? It's not nice to post bad things about a product on their forums, especially if you do so bluntly, with little or no constructive critism. Secondly, as the Doc (Doctor Evil ) said, you have no idea what the product is like from the demo. The demo is slower, more buggy, obviously has less media, is slower (did I mention that?) and has a whole lot less functionality than the full version has. Plus, it's $45! I would buy it even if it was that buggy. Some things are missing, yes, but that's like two things (one of which isn't even advertised, and is only mentioned in the manual once), and these things will be surely fixed. Plus, with the promise of Riker 9, you will get savegame, flashlights, improved speed and a whole lot more.

Back on-topic, it is rather frustrating about the decals.

Click above for Project Luna demo! Resident Evil Remake is teh fergin' best!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:05:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:05:27