Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Game Dev started

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 17:52
pic 8

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 17:53
pic 9

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill

Attachments

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 17:53 Edited at: 27th Feb 2006 17:53
pic 10

-- Winston Churchill

Attachments

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 17:54
pic 11

-- Winston Churchill

Attachments

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 17:54
pic 12

-- Winston Churchill

Attachments

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 17:54 Edited at: 27th Feb 2006 17:54
pic 13, ok this is the last one.

-- Winston Churchill

Attachments

Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 19:02
Great video! Does this game take place entirely in this area? Or is there defferent areas and buildings and things?

/.,.\-Meh? Everyone loves fat penguins!
((_ _)) Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 20:11
Well it's going to takeplace in alot of areas. Though I decided to start with this area. I have been working on two seperate levels at one time to keep the continuity between the two. And I have been taking my time with this project. I have a huge story line in my head but am reluctant to share it with anyone. as it only makes sense in my head right now. <-----if that makes sense. But rest assured it is going to be a quality game when I am done with it.

-- Winston Churchill
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 20:55
Great, games with time spent on them tend to be the best.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 20:57
I agree, though i think i am being lazy right now I just got done having a staring contest with my monitor. and I almost one except for the small fact that it need not blink to refresh itself. Damn dirty machines!

-- Winston Churchill
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 20:59 Edited at: 27th Feb 2006 21:00
My army of penguins shall beat it in a staring match! *Sees penguins eyeballs melt*...Oh well, don't worry I'm feeling lazy as well, just forced myself to do my russian homework

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 21:10 Edited at: 27th Feb 2006 21:31
*edited* Post Removed *edited*

-- Winston Churchill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 22:06 Edited at: 1st Mar 2006 22:08
Ok everyone I am going on vacation! my wife comes home in the morning I have to pick her up at gatwick. As we may be practicing for another baby I will be unable to give an update for atleast three or four days. WoOt wOoT! Don't worry I will be back on after awhile. and I should have some fresh screenies for you all to enjoy. Also, I am working on a lighting tutorial for the noobs. it may seem like rubbish to the older crew but the younger crew will be able to use it better than we can. And hopefully it will squash any ultra-noob questions that they may have concerning lights and I am throwing a sound tutorial in there as well (not a how to I guess but a beginers rule of thumb or reference) because we all know that people dont like to read books but they love sitting on these forums reading from a computer screen as if one made them cooler anyways I am rambling on and on and on so see you guys in a few days

-- Winston Churchill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2006 21:52 Edited at: 6th Mar 2006 17:20
ok Guys I am back kinda. I have no new screenshots and have started on the reference material for lights and sound. also have started another endevour..another game...MMO! But this not the place to advertise that so check my website for updates on that project. I will keep on moving along with the current project and hoepfully have something soon for you guys.

*edit*
Just built first level and I get it to run at around 31-32 FPS. so hopefully I can keep this going. Thanks for the scripts UMAN they work great.

-- Winston Churchill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 14:35 Edited at: 7th Mar 2006 15:30
ok here is a major update. contained in the links below are 31 screenshots and one 3 minute or so demo of the level. (this is another video demo) I dont think I will release a demo becuase of all the hate for demos going around. If you would like one email me and I will set you up with the download link.

Ok so now the massive kis tof new screenshots is up, I took the liberty to create another video demo, right click and save to file it does showcase the whole level minus all the stuff needed to complete the level. I hope you enjoy. I think the next level will be done entirely with cartography shop.

-- Winston Churchill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 14:39 Edited at: 7th Mar 2006 15:35
Oh and for grins here is a video of the study.

just for fun I suppose

Well enjoy this!

And the game is coming along very nice like. And there should be some more updates soon. and no it does not take place in the same area through out the game. YOu may be suprised at where it takes you.

-- Winston Churchill
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 22:07
Nice screenies, dude!

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 09:06
Thanks

-- Winston Churchill
George 7004
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 16:40
good work!

http://www.mmorpg-net.org

Your Source for Awesome MMORPG/MMOFPS Games
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 06:13
thanks,

ok now for an update:

After 6 weeks I have finished a level (I think level 2) And I have started level 1. level 3 is almost finished. If you want screenshots of the finished level let me know and I will post them on here. also if you want video of it then I can post that as well. I would like to have atleast two people to test the level out for me and then give me some honest criticism. so let me know if you want to try it out. also keep a look out in my hills thread for an updated pack.

-- Winston Churchill
Opus Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I'd be more than happy to test this for you, it's already looking good from what I've seen.

And honest criticism (constructive of course) isn't a problem .

Cheers, Rich.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 12:54
Ok I am uploading to my site right now I will post the link in here ina few hours

-- Winston Churchill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 01:25
ok new screenie (I made this model myself woot woot!)

-- Winston Churchill

Attachments

jacko101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 01:27
Hey RF, did you use 3DWS to create that?

repeat after me, you are not a developer.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 01:39
yeah I have anopther one for ya

-- Winston Churchill

Attachments

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 02:45
and another (this is kinda fun)

-- Winston Churchill

Attachments

Skitza
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice models/segments. Guys don't forget to come to our website too at [href]www.realityforgotten.com[/href] I just updated it .
George 7004
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 07:40
hmm.. you guys want your phpBB forum to look like your site? I can do that for you if you like.. im experienced with web-hosting and webmastering for a long time and I currently work at a hosting company

http://www.mmorpg-net.org

Your Source for Awesome MMORPG/MMOFPS Games
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 11:29
George You can work out what ever you want to do with skitza.

Ok now for some good screenshots. I am working on a large structure for a new level. and I have taken and shown you guys two of them screenshots. well here is 6 of them and I think two are repeats but you get the point. And I realise that I am going to have to do the lightmaps over and import different textured entities seperately from the main structure. Enjoy!

Mainhall
Mainhall2
Mainhall3
Mainhall4
mainhall5
A cool pic

-- Winston Churchill
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 12:39
One word: AMAZING!

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2006 00:19
thanks and another

-- Winston Churchill

Attachments

Skitza
Years of Service
User Offline
Bump

[href]www.realityforgotten.com[/href]
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 01:54
sorry guys I have not posted any new information in a while, I have been helping skitza get the website ready and I haev also been pinfully importing my own maps from 3DWS in to FPSC. This is a long process. and I can achieve a fairly good look with it and th eframe rates aren't bad, though I am having some collision issues.

-- Winston Churchill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2006 18:41
Well The website is up and running with forums. You all should check it out.

-- Winston Churchill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 08:27
Ok guys here is an update for ya as far as the level design is concerned. I am haveing once again problems with collision. but I have managed to get my 3DWS maps into FPSC with full textures. and NO I did not uvunwrap and all that good stuff.

update

-- Winston Churchill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 22:27
Ok I have decided that any further updates will be posted on my website to clear space on this one. So if you want the info visit

RealityForgotten Games

-- Winston Churchill
NIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 22:47
Reality Forgotten, in those last few shots were you using Realm Crafter? They look really good. By the way have you had any spare time to mess with that gate?

-NIK

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 23:20 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2006 05:53
I was using 3DWS in those last shots. I have only just begun using realm crafter. And I have but What do you need them to do?

* all these people looking at the thread and no one comments?

-- Winston Churchill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2006 12:12
*bump

-- Winston Churchill
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
*bump*

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 05:41
so thats the correct way to bump a thread

anyway, I completed another level the other day. And hope to start on the 4th level this morning. I'm torn I have two choices work on my wild west model pack or start dev on level four. what to do? any suggestions?

-- Winston Churchill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 22:11
Here is an update to another pack I am starting to create

Click here for the update

-- Winston Churchill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 19:28 Edited at: 7th Apr 2006 19:28
another update the update

-- Winston Churchill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 16:56
OK guests can now view the screenshots Here

-- Winston Churchill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2006 17:54
Ok guys, I have arse load of time, I am in Utah now for a few weeks so I will have plenty of time to work on The Broken. Sorry there has not been any updates in a while, I have been busy banning Blackburn from my forums and working on some projects for other people. Keep a look out for updates!

Dave

-- Winston Churchill

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 12:06:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 12:06:12