Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / read file like resident evil

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 03:11
hi guys!!!

i would like to create a file like resident evil, where i can read a part of history, and when i press a key i go to an other page of this file!
its possible?

thanks
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 08:24
I had originally ateempted to use this idea for my game, although it appeared to fail miserably. Scripting technically should allow it, but you'd have to include storyzones into the picture somehow--just using images wouldn't pause the game, meaning you'd be open to attack...

So, I decided to take advantage of the image script readily available (until I modified it a bit more to cater my needs). I just threw together a folder and paper texture, and ended up with a modifiable folder to show whenever the player gets particularly close to the file in question. It works particularly well, although it delays the appearing of HUD messages (which can be annoying). The script I originally used is this:

Can't actually remember who created it, apologies.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats cool! i always wanted to do that good job jiffy your always on top of thing can you post a pic of it in action?

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 09:44
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=65207&b=23

Follow this link, perhaps you can use one of these scripts to achieve your goals?

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
I aleady did that ben dosent this one show a pic? or just text

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 22:44
It's up to you what you put into it. In FPSC text is a picture also. You can either create a text or a picture, doesn't matter.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
oh realy wow i realy never tryed cuase i dont know how to script thingy can u post a pic of it in action plz?

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 06:17
:activated=1:state=1000
:activated=0:state=0,activate=5

and use the trigger zone to activated the enemys

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
David Thomas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2006 04:38
thank you jiffy and others for your help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 09:01:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 09:01:40