Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Finally.... my game has been released! Completely original FPSC game.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 09:55
Benjamin!

Huge apologies for not downloading sooner! Mind you, I had been confined to the realms of dial-up for several weeks, so I wasn't exactly in the position to download the file. However, I downloaded the demo just before and I must say I am quite impressed with the extra content, the fluidity and general smoothness of gameplay. It was interesting and original, and it felt "fun" in the sense that it wasn't overly tense--something that can be overdone in some games.

I'm considering purchasing the whole version--even though I was positive I collected all 5 mini-pads and destroyed all of the androids but didn't finish the level.

Anyway, congrats, and a great big *bump* for you.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 20:36
Jiffy, thanks for the comments! I'm glad you enjoyed the game.

Quote: "I'm considering purchasing the whole version--even though I was positive I collected all 5 mini-pads and destroyed all of the androids but didn't finish the level."

After finding the 5 mini-pads, did you go to the exit door? You must enter that door to finish the game. When you start, there are 6 doors in the room, some of them locked. The door to your left will only open after you've found the 5 mini-pads. Once you enter it, you can go to a different floor with a number of rooms. The doors on that floor open in sequence after finding the switch and the last door that opens, leads to the exit door.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 05:07
Fair enough, Benjamin.

I was sure I opened every door there, but apparently not. I'll give it another try soon. Again, great job!

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 15:25
Thanks, good luck with trying again. Sorry that my reply took a while.

GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 15:30 Edited at: 16th Jun 2006 15:30
Naturally, Benjamin, don't worry about your "delayed" reply.

I ended up replaying through and getting to the end of the level. Seems that I just hadn't payed enough attention the first time 'round!

And apologies to go off-topic, but I must say--did you allow your media to be used freely by other people? Because if you direct yourself to this thread, you'll see that "Joh" from Murky Media is giving away a small pack for free that appears to have your watergun models in it.

As well as this, he is selling a character pack with your androids. I know you already posted in the thread, but since our posts were around the same time I'm not sure if you noticed.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 15:45
Quote: "I ended up replaying through and getting to the end of the level. Seems that I just hadn't payed enough attention the first time 'round!
"

Great to hear that! Glad you managed to finish the level.

Quote: "And apologies to go off-topic, but I must say--did you allow your media to be used freely by other people? Because if you direct yourself to this thread, you'll see that "Joh" from Murky Media is giving away a small pack for free that appears to have your watergun models in it.

As well as this, he is selling a character pack with your androids. I know you already posted in the thread, but since our posts were around the same time I'm not sure if you noticed."

OK that needs some straightning out for sure The watergun and androids are from MurkyMedia (They're credited for letting me use the Androids). All I did with the waterguns was re-sound them, give them different specs and re-texture them.

Quote: "but I must say--did you allow your media to be used freely by other people?"

No, that's not advicable at all. Since a number of the models (like the Androids) and some of the textures have been created by others and are not public domain. Also a good number of the other textures, landscapes, segments, signs, models and so on have been created by me for the use of this game and are not public domain either.

I'm still considering releasing some of the stuff I did create for the game (textures, models and scripts), but at the moment I'm busy on some projects and I want to finish those and then I'll see if I will and what I will release.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 15:47 Edited at: 16th Jun 2006 15:50
Ah, I see, Benjamin. That's fair enough. Good to hear that it's all straightened out. I must sound like a total idiot to Joh, then .

As for the 'freely use the media' remark, that comment was used to emphasise the proceeding comments. I wasn't implying anyone should do that .

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 15:54
Quote: "As for the 'freely use the media' remark, that comment was used to emphasise the proceeding comments. I wasn't implying anyone should do that ."

I know, but you're not the only one reading this thread It's just so others know it too.

The All Seeing Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 14:35
Woow! Max 10 points to you Benjamin A!
The video rocks! And those screenshots are cool!

I saw the video and now I´m realy going to by FPSCreator!

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 15:33
Thanks! Did you try the demo also, it's really fun

The All Seeing Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2006 21:53
No I didn´t. But I´m, going to

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 23:11
I've got some nice news to share

The game got accepted at www.download.com or C/NET, ZDNET or which ever one is most known to you. I'm honered by that and quite some people have downloaded it there already. http://www.download.com/3000-7453-10534290.html that's the direct link.

Unfortunally there aren't any user reviews yet and but it's rated 4 out 5 stars by users, so that's really cool.

If anyone would like to support a FPSC created game, by all means review it there and rate it.

I'll put this info in the first post also.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 05:30
Congratulations!
BTW I played the other game and it rocks.Excellent game!

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2006 09:04
Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:47:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:47:32