Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] Military Madness [WIP]- Downloads & Screenshots

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 22:24 Edited at: 13th Jun 2006 17:27
(IGNORE THIS THREAD FOR NOW ON, THE FULL VERSION HAS BEEN RELEASED. Mods kindly lock, please?)

Full version thread to discuss the game;
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=81471&b=25

You can still use this thread to see the screenshots though, but don't discuss them here anymore. Instead, use the full version thread.

=======================
The Story:

In Military Madness, you take the role of a new news reporter of a magazine called "Demonic Newstation". The magazine you're working for focuses mainly on impossible tasks which no one have ever made trough alive. While in hunger for more money, you signed the contract, unaware of what it might cost you.

Meanwhile, at the "Lost Mind Desert", a military base is under siege by otherworldy things. Every soldier has lost his mind completely and is killing each other in savage bloodlust.

The media have been so far unable to report the strange happenings at the base, but the Demonic Newstation, on the other hand, has sent it's best reporter, Sir "Suiccy" De Madman on the field. But after Suiccy disappears, it's time to sent someone to investigate and find the truth behind the base...and that's you.

"Wha?! This isn't a regular news magazine? You gotta be kidding!" you said to the magazine's owner.
"Well sorry boy, but you signed the contract, and believe me, you're going on that battlefield! See the small print there, boy? You will be killed if you refuse! Gwahaha!" said the magazine owner, waving a shotgun in his right hand.

Refusing the offer would no doubt, be a bad idea. Since Suiccy had disappeared, the boss sent you to the mission instead.
The news helicopter is about to drop you to the workshop facility near the military base, where your journey to "find the truth" begins...
====================================================================
DOWNLOADS:

DEMOS:

Demo Number 1: (Playable first level of the game!)
http://files.filefront.com/MM_Demo_Installerexe/;5085807;;/fileinfo.html
100mb .exe installer file

Demo Number 2: (Playable second level of the game!)
http://files.filefront.com/MM_Demo2_Installerexe/;5099188;;/fileinfo.html
100mb .exe installer file

Both demos include one playable level, two long custom music tracks, lots of sound effects and custom media, i.e chainsaws made by crazy al.

Gameplay Video(s):

Battle at the Volcano
http://files.filefront.com/Military_Madness_Gameplay_Vide/;5141812;;/fileinfo.html

Chainsaw Chaos, for those who haven't already downloaded the first demo:
http://files.filefront.com/Military_Madness_Gameplay_Vid2/;5141963;;/fileinfo.html

You'll need WinRAR, UltimateZip or a similiar program to extract the contents of the gameplay video files.

The full game is 100% finished.
======================================
Credits so far:
-Huge thanks to crazy al for the chainsaw weapon, Natflash Games for the Extra Horror Pack, and chupa cabra for majority of the custom entities (I.e fridge,tents/bar table!). Also thanks go to Nigezu for his graffiti pack, Dodic for the guitar model + hillpack, someone for the audi model (the author seems to be unknown), Ozark Games for free custom media, Zizaco and Jon Fletcher for the zombie model and I has returned for the pizza box entity.
-Music, from FF7, FF8, FF9 (IX), 10 (X) and 10-2(X-2), remixed by Sonicade (You are not Confined), DJ Phoenix (Alexandrian Nightmare), Jared Hudson (The Final Summoning), Russel Cox (Zanarkand Theme), Orkybash (Perdition Hardcore, Far From Home), Fatty acid, sephfire (Under a New Moon) and FFmusic Dj (Place of Return, Shepherd Won't Alone Theme), downloaded from Overclocked Remix and changed to .wav format using Audacity.

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 22:25 Edited at: 27th May 2006 22:26

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 22:26 Edited at: 27th May 2006 22:26

Attachments

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 22:27

Attachments

Diego
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 00:30
Some of the item don't go together (I mean like that bar thing with the light and the segments). Looking Good

-Diego

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 00:35
why is there graffitti on the floor?! shouldn't it be on the walls?

you can rotate it onto the wall using the keys from 1-6

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 02:57 Edited at: 28th May 2006 02:58
When I loaded up the demo, I saw a loading screen that looked like it had been put together in five minutes, and a loading time longer than F.E.A.R with 16 mb RAM. But when I actually played the game, I was very impressed, I actually enjoyed it, I enjoyed an FPSC game, something which is very rare in my case, the level design was very good with well placed enimies and weapons. So I seriously mean well done when I say it, exellent work.
P.S. The end with benders voice made me laugh, I'm a big BIG BIG fan of futurama, so now i'm going to watch it
Cant wait to play the final version.

Visit http://www.natsam.co.uk to find out about my games.
[href][/href]
Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 10:56 Edited at: 28th May 2006 11:00
Quote: "
P.S. The end with benders voice made me laugh, I'm a big BIG BIG fan of futurama, so now i'm going to watch it"

Oh, in that case, go to the Files/audiobank/music/User-made music folder of the game and play the "blasting all the humans" .wav file to hear it completely. I also used futurama theme music in my previous game Gravelooter, so you might want to check it out as well.

Glad you liked it! I have to admit, I was in hurry to finish the demo so I didn't have time to work on the menus. But I'll clean them up for future demos and for the full version.

And about the loading time...no matter what I did, I couldn't get it shorter! Making the level shorter didn't seem wise, nor deleting the lights, so I just gave in and accepted it the way it was.
For me the loading time took 3 mins, and ends after the music starts looping from the beginning again.

About the level design- I was greatly inspired by Painkiller's "Military Base" level. The level in painkiller had a sunset sky, open airfields, huge use of heat and bloom effects...I was kind of aiming for that. I might post some screens of that level and compare them to mine.

Once I finish making the second level, I might post a second demo of the game with better menus.

@ Butter fingers- I didn't know you could place them in walls. Thanks for the tip, though I like them being on the floor...

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 11:38
There were a few problems with segments no matching up (right at the start of the level). I died once so you might want to think about spacing out health more evenly. Apart fom that, i was alright.

AE

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 12:50 Edited at: 28th May 2006 12:53
Yes sir. *Adds to list: More health...* Thanks for the comment.
And here's a new screenshot from the second level.

(Question: Can you change the sky used in the test level instead of building an .exe file? I'm getting sick of that gas sky, me wants my sunset back.)

Attachments

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 13:59
Another screenshot. The second level is almost finished, but needs some tweaking.

After that, I'll just have to work on the menus and the second demo will be done pretty soon.

Attachments

freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2006 20:30
yaay! you used my chainsaw!

Horror weapon pack coming soon!
Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2006 21:37 Edited at: 31st May 2006 21:44
*BUMP*

Ta-da! Demo 2 has been released.

Download Link:
http://files.filefront.com/MM_Demo2_Installerexe/;5099188;;/fileinfo.html

Demo #2 includes:
-Playable Level 2 from the game (Level 1 is included in the first demo)
-Improved menus
-Quicker loading times

Anyone got comments about the two screenshots I posted earlier, by the way?

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 19:37 Edited at: 4th Jun 2006 19:45
Screenshot from the third level of the game.

Comments, anyone? 12 demo downloads so far, yet only 2 comments by those who have played it.

Attachments

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 21:04
Once again, another screenshot.

Ugh, feel free to comment the screenshots as well. This level was really painful to make, and I'm going insane soon.

Soo...any comments welcome! Does it look good? Or bad? Was the demo good? No? Gwahahahahaa!

Attachments

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 22:45
I rate this as something i dont see much.

WW2,Sci-fi and modernday mixed in one piece of harmony.

THAT is something i havent seen alot.

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 12:05 Edited at: 5th Jun 2006 12:07
Yes, I was aiming for that. It should be set on modernday, but I mixed it with sci-fi things, such as "otherworldly" things...

I'm now making the fourth level, where the player enters the Plane of Insanity (sort of a h***), and that is really going to be a mad mix of everything. I'm going to give it a psyched feeling with strange lightning, as opposed to the orange gloom of the military base.

I hope it feels a lot diffrent from the normal world.
(I won't spoil the story here though )

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 17:42 Edited at: 5th Jun 2006 17:43
Hmm, another screenshot, with Zizaco's zombie model. Needs a lot more work though.

Attachments

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2006 11:49
The game is coming along nicely. All levels are now finished, and I just need to add some last-minute improvements, build an .exe file, test it, and upload it somewhere, so expect the full version to come in 2-5 days.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2006 17:59
Screenshots look interesting; I'll await the full game before downloading.

-Keith

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 12:12 Edited at: 8th Jun 2006 12:12
Dammit, the full game is complete, and has no trouble with the levels or anything, but...whenever I try to press W (forward), the player crouches, making moving forward very annoying.

The game builder somehow managed to mess up the keys so that pressing W makes the player crouch and move forward. Which means, that in order to get up, I have to stand still in combat.

Man I'm pissed off by this bug. I set the controls from the build game menu perfectly in this order:

Forward: W
Left: A
Right: D
Backwards: S
Run mode: Shift
Crouch: Left Ctrl
Reload: R

...but in the game, the player crouches and moves forward when I press W! And now I'll have to spend another one and half hours building the stupid .exe file all over again...

At least the game works otherwise.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 12:41
Quote: "with Zizaco's zombie model. "

my model, valves texture, his alteration

anyway, the game looks great so far, keep it up

-Jon

alterative, no images:
http://h1.ripway.com/Fletch06/solutions.htm
Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 13:17 Edited at: 8th Jun 2006 13:18
Thanks all for your comments! I got the keyboard setting thing fixed by editing the setup.ini, but not long after that, I ran to an another problem...my old enemy. Array doesn't exist or subscript out of bounds.

So, since there's no fix for this, I'll be creating "two" versions of the game- the first version will contain levels 1,2,3, and the second one will contain the last remaining levels, 1 and 5, which are set on the Plane of Insanity. This will also save up some space, so hopefully I don't have to completely kill dial-up users and those with slow connections

@ Jon Fletcher- Oops, yes, I'll add your name on the credits as well. Sorry for this confusion.

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2006 13:20 Edited at: 8th Jun 2006 13:24
DOH! Forgot to add an another screenshot to the last post. Oh well, here it is.
Nothing too fancy, but tents. Woohoo- another great free entity made by the community (chupa cabra).

Attachments

Don Watermeleon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 02:09
I played both your demos, and I found them most enjoyable. While I must say the loading screens and menus and that like were not all the the highest quality, your gameplay was swell. Keep up the clever level design and I think your game may become popular. It found it a funny joke how the issue on the loading screen was Issue #1337.

I like Yellow.
Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 18:27 Edited at: 13th Jun 2006 17:23
Thanks! Yeaah, I'm not a menu artist, I don't even use Photoshop or any fancy tools to make them better. The gameplay is my main goal. Sorry for the delay on releasing the game, but I was sick for three days

I'm fine now though, so I'll try to upload the game(s) tomorrow.

Gameplay videos made with Fraps coming very soon....
============================================

EDIT; Here's two gameplay videos, 1st titled "Battle at the
Volcano"

Download Link:
http://files.filefront.com/Military_Madness_Gameplay_Vide/;5141812;;/fileinfo.html

2nd Video, "Chainsaw Chaos", for those who haven't already downloaded the first demo:
http://files.filefront.com/Military_Madness_Gameplay_Vid2/;5141963;;/fileinfo.html

Sorry for the "a bit slow" framerate, but my computer doesn't love running Fraps at the same time when playing. Oh yeah, and it's a .rar file, so you'll need WinRAR, UltimateZip or a similiar program to extract the contents of the file.

(IGNORE THIS THREAD FOR NOW ON, THE FULL VERSION HAS BEEN RELEASED. Mods kindly lock, please?)

You can discuss the game here now:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=81471&b=25

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:47:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:47:02