Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Hibernation State® Coming this Fall to a PC near you!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2006 07:03
I'd like to showcase a preview of my up-coming game Hibernation State® I haven't purchased any of the extra content for FPSC, but with a very creative mind; I have been able to design some very intriguing game levels. Also I've added my own scripts, such as the virus infections and cures as seen in the video. Let me know what you think of the preview.

-Nue B.

Nue B. or not Nue B. That is the question.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2006 07:19
Why would you have a wooden door on a scifi wall? It also looks very laggy to play. Doesnt look any better than what gets posted here, sorry.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2006 07:20
Story line:

You wake up in the clean room of a medical facility Having no recollection of your past nor identity. You venture through the unknown.. Fighting to maintain your humanity. Every breath you take could be you last.

Game objectives:

-locate any information regarding your identity and past.

-Discover Who put you here and why

-Neutralize any mutating viruses

-Stay alive

-And Much, Much More!

Attachments

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2006 07:22
You need to think outside the box Higgins. Wooden doors can be used anywhere you may want a closet or something like that. I have other door types in the game. What you see here is just one small part of a level. Trust me, The Game play is Awesome!

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2006 07:28
It might be a good game, but it still lags. I still don’t think the wooden door looks good in the sci-fi setting. I would have thought if people where using sci-fi materials, they would get rid of wooden doors.

Believe me, I always think outside of the box. I also have more design sense to not place a door which is out of place with the level.

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2006 07:36
Game play also includes:

Hidden weapons, Hidden characters, Talking and interacting characters, Ultra-dynamic scripting (dynamic entities which do NOT drain the system resources or affect the frame rate.) In-Game video, Puzzles, Mini-Games, and more.

This is more than your typical point-N-Shoot FPS.
This is a Great Game! Worthy of your time, and ahead of it's own.

Attachments

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2006 07:38
I respect your opinion Higgins. Thanks for the input!

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2006 11:08
Well, it does look more like a standard point n' shoot game to me, but then, that's just a screenshot. I may be wrong. What's ultra-dynamic scripting? Can you really place over 250 dynamic entities in the game without making it lag too much? That would require really good scripting skills...

Talking and interacting characters, puzzles and mini-games sound good to me, but, uhh, I get the feeling that you sound like a salesman

Keep up the good work though!

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2006 04:10 Edited at: 4th Jul 2006 04:13
Quote: "but, uhh, I get the feeling that you sound like a salesman"
-psycho warrior

Well, I am. My products are always as good as I advertise. I try to not over sale. Still it is important to communicate the value of the Game. Buyers want to know their moneys are well spent prior to purchasing, that's all I'm trying to give them. To answer your question regarding the Ultra-Dynamic scripting; FPSC doesn't allow for 250 dynamic object to function simultaneously. However, What UDS offers is a sort of compressed Binary Code method. This allows Maximum elements with minimum Lag.

I hope I've answered your question and peaked your interest in my Game! Hibernation State®.

Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2006 07:47
Hibernation State with an R thingie at the end?

Give a man some bullets, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun and he'll be giving away the bullets!!
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2006 09:54
Registered Trademark,

AE

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2006 16:00
I dont think you will sell any copies of your game, the way it lagged when I watched it. People also dont like it when people come along and advertise like you have.

You do not know what the people are like in the FPSC forums, they are Kids, moaners, complainers, freebie hunters, dirt etc.

I just act like an old git; as if some one kicked their ball through my window.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th Jul 2006 16:39
I have to agree, that's quite a sales pitch. It's too bad your screenshot and video didn't live up to the hype.

You have a good start, but it looks like every sci-fi we've seen so far, with poorly placed objects and a little blood on the floor.

In the screen shot you have 3 object on the wall. They are all out of place. One is a light, but the whole room is lit by default.

Perhaps the game play is good, but you haven't showed it here. It's going to take a little more imagination to impress us.

Crazy Grandpa
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
I also agree, it looks pretty bad in the screenshot and in the video. Objects are poorly placed and there is no lighting...

Tom

Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2006 18:14
I removed the lights so you could see the room clearly. when I take screen shots using the lights it's a bit dark. The video was "Laggy" because of the software I used to create it. I haven't purchased the Fraps program, so the options I was given were fairly limited. 60 fpm makes any clip look sluggish.

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
No you didn't. The video you used had one glowing red light, that is partly lighting, why did you not do the rest?! I noticed there was also no source of light. If it is too dark with lighting, light it up more or just raise light ambience. Things in your level are poorly designed and placed, no-one would buy this the way it looks right now, if you want to sell something you actually need to put some work into it.

Tom

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th Jul 2006 18:35 Edited at: 4th Jul 2006 18:37
Quote: "I removed the lights so you could see the room clearly. when I take screen shots using the lights it's a bit dark."

This is a little off subject, but something I have been noticing lately. There seems to be a trend to go too dark in the demos I have been playing here. Not all video cards/monitors are the same and what may be viewable on one system may not be on another.

I have tried to play some demos that were just black on my monitor, impossible to see anything without turning up the gamma or brightness, which with no in-game adjustments is not always an easy task.

Also, I think the creator, knowing the path he has created and where everything is, may not be so hindered by the darkness as other players would be, and therefore makes it darker than it should be.

Just a thought.

Crazy Grandpa
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 05:50
Quote: "No you didn't. The video you used had one glowing red light... -Tom"

Tom, The key word was screenshot, not video.

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 12:15
Cool own scripts but really bad framerate. I think that wooden door in sci-fi room doesn't look so bad.

Intel P4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
My site: http://www.freewebs.com/nigezu
Sean C Holbrook
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds like the bourne identity...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 16:59:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 16:59:59