Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / My Character (DBC)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i am making a 3D platform game, and my character is a ball. How do i make it look like the ball is rolling when he moves? BTW. the only directions the ball moves is up, left, and right. He doesn't move backwards. If you could help me, that would be great

THANKS FOR STOPING AT A RED LIGHT... AND LETTING ME CRASH INTO YOU AT 80 MILES AN HOUR!!!
Dracula
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2007 16:47
if you apply a texture and rotate the ball forward on its y axis as it moves along the x/z axis, you will see it roll.

Have fun!!!
hpfan273
Years of Service
User Offline
this is my movement code:

and this stops it from moving forward after awhile... idk y this won't work... help... lol

THANKS FOR STOPING AT A RED LIGHT... AND LETTING ME CRASH INTO YOU AT 80 MILES AN HOUR!!!
Dracula
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2007 19:07
here's a basic movement that might help. It doesn't make the object rotate, but you can use the "rotate object obj,x,y,z" command for that. This uses advanced terrain (object 3), (player is obj 1), but you can substitute your "y" position for ground#, if you're not using advanced terrain.

D

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2007 21:01
Try rotating limb 0 instead... On spheres, limb 0 can be rotated to make the object itself appear rotated without actually rotating the object itself (I'm pretty sure). Anyway, try this for your movement code:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 19:16:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 19:16:10