Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / screenies of an unnamed horrorgame

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 18:01
Yeah it looks so... try the real game here

Everything that has a beginning has an end
sk8ter boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 21:00
ok..

lol
Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 17:10
I´m back... (nothing else to say in here for now)

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 18:48 Edited at: 11th Apr 2007 19:43
I have to tilt my monitor about 30 degrees to see anything at all in these screens (except for the HUD).

EDIT:

I tried to play, but couldn't get out of the first room. The rain inside the building was weird, but effective. If you were supposed to be able to open any of the doors, I couldn't do it.

EDIT2: Um, when you take scripts from someone else's game and put into your script folder, you should either note it in each script or remove them before you put your game up for download. If someone see's the scripts you *borrowed* from another game, they may also be wondering what else you may have *borrowed*. I'm not accusing you of anything here, just pointing it out.

Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 16:29
Ok THX for hint. The door cant be opened by you because the action button is not ENTER or so but F. I hope that was your problem.

Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 16:49
EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE:
I added a new version of the test level at filefront now, it is exactlythe same game but i changed the name and i added a little script info.

P.S.: I dont know why but it needs 1 hour to upload it at filefront, so the dowload link will come in ca. 1 hour.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, tried it again with the "F" key.

Here's my observations:

1) Still too dark. The torch effect is okay, but when you try to move whilst holding down "G", the light goes off and you're in the dark again. I'm sure this isn't your fault though and is a limitation of FPSC.

2) The invisible entity killed me twice before I could figure out what was going on. The only clue to its existence is the shadow circle below it, but you can't see that without pushing "G". When you're running around a dark room with only a knife, being attacked by something, but you don't know what, it's pretty involved to push the G key (plus it doesn't work if you're moving)

3) When I exited the game, it auto-restarted again. I had to exit using ctrl-alt-delete

4) The concept has good promise, but you need to "clue in" the player to hazards before they get to them. A torn newspaper on the floor warning of Invisible Dudes for example.

Keep at it, it was fun, but a bit annoying at the same time.

Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 12:40
OK sorry for that invisible enemies. that wasnt on purpose. ill try to make them visible. and i dont know why the game auto-restarts when you close it. ill try if this is also the case when i play it. and yes, i cant make that you can move and use the torch at the same time.

P.S.: sorry that i still didnt post the link but now ill have to change it again because of the bugs.

Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 20:20
So... now its finished... dont except an all-new level. Its the same one like in the version called secondsight, but now it has changed a bit and i hope there arent bugz anymore. http://files.filefront.com/Tartarus_condemnationrar/;7265000;;/fileinfo.html

Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 20:22
please tell me what U think about the new name and if there are no bugs anymore now. Have Fun

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 20:22
you got a working torch sweeet!!

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 20:29 Edited at: 17th Apr 2007 20:31
OK (or actually not OK) there iz still no f_ckin main menu. I really dont know what da hell is the problem. and also there are more bugs like no dam textures or somethin else. . I think my computer is controlled by mephistopholis himself .AAARRGHH!!!!!!!!!

Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 20:42
@ Slayer222: Yeah thats cool isnt it? I took it from "Darkest Island" (can be found here ) (I hope you arent angry, Luke314pi ) To use it, place a trigger zone exactly in the place where the player start point is (or something else when you want that the player gets it later.) place it in a place where you want.(When the player crosses this zone, the torch will be availiable from then on). A lot of brackets... Then right-click on the zone, and set "flashlight.fpi" (in this case "flashlight original.fpi" although its a bit modified) as the main script. then when you crossed the zone you can use the torch by pressing and holding "G". U cant use it while walking. So now here it iz:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 21:05
cool I'm going to tear this apart to see how it works. I bet it has to do with ambiance.
Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 21:12
I think you should have gotten Lukes permission....

I am a manifestation of your subconscious.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 21:19
yeah I'll ask him ASAP. it's ambience I knew it!
Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
white eagle0
Years of Service
User Offline
lol nice

the 3rd pic with the table on the ceiling upside down scares me
Dr Distracto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 09:58
You might wanna juice up the story a bit, maybe you could say he is kidnapped, drugged, and wakes up in a strange place with zombies or something, just a thought

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 03:04:34
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 03:04:34