Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Postal's (sort of) "horror" pack final release *BETA*

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2007 03:57 Edited at: 25th May 2007 03:59
Well, I really have been gone from the forums for a while now. Anyway, before I left, I promised a "horror" pack, if you will. Due to failing interest in this game engine, I moved on to bigger and better things. As you all should know, I have no intention on finishing this pack. This is merely all of the previous items I previewed to you before(And all of the items in my 1st entity pack I posted here. Go ahead and look for the thread. It's been buried under the masses of new threads.) I thought I should probably clear all of this up, before I remove what I have of the pack from my computer. I am a man of my word, so I felt I needed to get this out there. Yes, I am aware that some of the UV mapping is off, the textures are by all means NOT perfect, but these are mainly for "tinkering" with and modifying. Now I bid farewell. Goodbye, thanks for all the fish!
(I will check up on this thread every now and then though.)
-Postal

Attachments

Login to view attachments
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2007 04:07
Screen shot?

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 25th May 2007 04:24
Quote: "Goodbye, thanks for all the fish! "

What fish? I didn't get any fish.

Very generous of you. Thanks.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
Postal thanks for the horror pack...you will be sadly missed...I wish you good luck in whatever you do...don't stay away 2 long...btw..GREAT JOB! on horror pack..
Postal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2007 06:07
@AlanC
Click on my Profile button, and go to these threads: Six FPSC ready static entities up for download, and Horror/ Gib Pack (W.I.P) for screenies. Don't have time to upload a collage right now.

@Everyone
Thanks for the feedback.

-Postal

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 01:28
Quote: "Goodbye, thanks for all the fish! "

I believe that it "so long"

thanks for the contribution!

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 01:48
Postal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 23:38
Thanks again.
-Postal

Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 23:45
cool dude.

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 03:25
Thanks for doing this!

Postal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 08:22
Your welcome. Actually, I think modeling for FPSC is good practice. Think I might actually keep it as a second hobby, though I don't use FPSC anymore, since I've found a better engine.
-Postal

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 17:51
Quote: "Your welcome. Actually, I think modeling for FPSC is good practice. Think I might actually keep it as a second hobby, though I don't use FPSC anymore, since I've found a better engine.
-Postal"

...sounds like a good idea. BTW, what is the other engine you've discovered?

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 19:21
torque probably

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Postal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 23:13 Edited at: 28th May 2007 23:20
Actually, It's the Sauerbraten Engine!
It's got everything I could need with making a FPS game, plus it uses Quake 2 and 3 models. The editing is more complex than FPSC (You use cubes to build things, and can pick a texture for every cube, which there are over 200 of [textures].) The framerate is great, it is more flexible than FPSC, It looks smoother, and it was free! The license is ZLIB Open Source, so you can build and sell a commercial game on it without spending a cent. You have to muck around with the source code to add new weapons and enemies, but in my opinion it is way better than using scripts, and the enemies actually move fast. It is a 3rd person RPG, and 1st person shooter engine. It even has the graphics of a next gen game, like FPSC X10. See what I'm talking about at http://Sauerbraten.org
I have attached a sample screenshot.
-Postal

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 00:26
I've had a play with that also Now if TGC can get that sort of thing into FPSC...

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 01:33
sounds german

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Postal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 02:41
@Slayer222
Yeah it is a German name. It's some kind of exotic dish or something in Germany. The creator's name is Wouter van Oortmerssen, though he speaks English and the game engine is in English.
-Postal

muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 05:27 Edited at: 30th May 2007 17:35
Quote: "Quote: "Goodbye, thanks for all the fish! "

Very generous of you. Thanks."

It's a Douglas Adams' quote.
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Goodbye, thanks for all the fish! "

It's a Monty Python quote."

That was so random Muggins.

postal that engine looks to good for FPSC.

My Avatar is copyright to John F's Wick Models
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2007 05:18
Wow... haven't posted in a while.

Thanks for the contribution!

[off topic] Sorry to do this but how do you change the player speed in sauer? I looked EVERYWHERE! And there forums is all weird and funky. [/off topic]

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2007 06:13
The Sauerbraten Engine is just insane and so cool.

Postal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2007 07:06
@Jenkins
You need to mess with the source code. Get "Code:Blocks" and just play around with Sauer's source for a while until you get the gist of everything. You'll need to compile it again when you're done modifying. I know this because I am in charge of a Sauerbraten mod called Legends of Sauer.

@Yeah it is. Don't tell anyone, but I think it's better than FPSC.
-Postal

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2007 09:11
Quote: "You need to mess with the source code. Get "Code:Blocks" and just play around with Sauer's source for a while until you get the gist of everything. You'll need to compile it again when you're done modifying. I know this because I am in charge of a Sauerbraten mod called Legends of Sauer."

Oh crap. I'm so bad at coding. Oh well, I'll take a stab. You should be able to change it within Sauer. The person runs like a trillion mph. Thank you.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Yeah it is. Don't tell anyone, but I think it's better than FPSC.
-Postal"

You Traitor LOL!
It looks like it can hold more polys than fpsc though

My Avatar is copyright to John F's Wick Models
muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Goodbye, thanks for all the fish! "

It's a Monty Python quote."

That was so random Muggins"

Not really and I mean Douglas Adams, it must of been all the Spam I was looking at on another thread!
Postal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 00:03
@Jenkins
It's simple really. BTW have you ever wanted to get rid of the stupid slimeball attacks that the goblin uses? You can change it so he just hits you with the axe using the source code, also you can change monster's sizes, strength, loyalty, speed, and damage. If you want, you can make an ogro as big as a Bauul, and have a rocket launcher, or you could make the Bauul as big as the last boss on Serious Sam the 1st encounter. I have modded Sauer so much, you couldn't even recoginze it except by it's graphics and style of gameplay. I even slowed the fist weapon down and replace it with a chainsaw.

@Deathhead
Yeah, it can hold more polies, though the weapons have to be under 1,000, or else, when you switch to, say, a 4,000 poly weapon, the game lags for a second, whilst it is loading it. It can handle a 4,000 poly weapn just fine, but if you don't want the lag when it loads up for the first time, it needs to be under 1,000. But you can have massive environments, with massive amounts of enemies, and a massive amount of enemies with no lag, and it's all really easy to do. If you want to edit anything having to do with monsters, weapons and mapmodels, you can just replace the model you want, by writing over it in it's directory (Make sure for weapons and monsters that they're scaled right or have the right animation frames though.) The Sauer engine actually seems to be heavily influenced off of the original Serious Engine, and the Doom gameplay.
Quote: "You Traitor LOL!"
Hey, I never said I liked the FPSC Engine or was impressed or dedicated to it, it's just something to mess with for me. LOL
-Postal

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 08:11
Quote: "@Jenkins
It's simple really. BTW have you ever wanted to get rid of the stupid slimeball attacks that the goblin uses? You can change it so he just hits you with the axe using the source code, also you can change monster's sizes, strength, loyalty, speed, and damage. If you want, you can make an ogro as big as a Bauul, and have a rocket launcher, or you could make the Bauul as big as the last boss on Serious Sam the 1st encounter. I have modded Sauer so much, you couldn't even recoginze it except by it's graphics and style of gameplay. I even slowed the fist weapon down and replace it with a chainsaw."

That's cool. I actually like the goblin attack thing. When they finish with the RPG part I'm going to be using that. I want to make an RPG game so bad. Which is why I like the goblin attack. That attack works good for... say the goblin is a shaman or something. I haven't really been working with it much, I've mostly been playing the demos and having fun with those. They give you a but load of demo levels. Thanks for the info!

Fiberfrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Love the pack! Thanks Good Stuff!

Fiberfrag

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2007 05:43
Hey Postal (sorry to stay on the Cube engine topic) is there anyway to release a game off of the cube engine without having to give the actual engine itself too? And if not, how do you assign say the Editor key (the thing that makes you go into editing mode) to like a page up or page down key?

Postal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2007 07:48
@Jenkins
All you would have to do is edit the "menus.cfg" file in the data folder.
Remove the line that says what editing mode is assigned to.
It's assigned to 'E'. I would advise you not to do this until you've completed you game though...
-Postal

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2007 03:48 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2007 05:02
Thanks but I already found it!

Only problem is is I can't find the player speed thing.... grrr coding makes me so stressed.

haha man
Years of Service
User Offline
About the player speed thing. Start the map that you want and go into editing mode. Then you press the tilde key to open the console. Then you type "gamespeed 70" without the quotes. This will reduce the gamespeed to 70%. If you want another persentage, just type it in place of 70.
Postal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 00:18
The problem with this is that it doesn't stay with the completed game, and must be re-entered into the console again.
-Postal

TJR Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 01:11
Thx for that... I liked it...
FADE Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Doesn't really work for me, heres a pic

Manager Of The Soon To Become Known Fade Studios

Attachments

Postal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 02:31
FADE Studios,
Please try to only post images in .JPG format next time, as having to open the images externally is not appreciated here. Anyway, to answer your problem, just Google and download WinRAR. All of the files are located in the .RAR compression. You just need to extract them using WinRAR.
-Postal

FADE Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much

Manager Of The Soon To Become Known Fade Studios
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 04:21
i pick fpsc over sauber-whatever

Login to post a reply