Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Make object command and camera

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So with some help from the RTS help file I found on here, I've been trying to set up some working bits for a real time strategy game. So I've got the camera controls working, and i wrote the function for making a unit. For some reason, whenever I run that function, or use the MAKE OBJECT _____ where _____ is cube, sphere, whatever, the camera centers on it and it screws up my camera view. I tried setting the camera to camera 2 instead of camera 1 right before running the make command, and then changing it back after the object is made, with the hope that it would center camera 2 on the object and leave camera 1's view unscathed, to no avail.

Can anyone help me here?
mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2007 05:37
You posted the same thread 4 times.
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2007 15:24 Edited at: 18th Jun 2007 15:26
Try writing AUTOCAM OFF at the top of your code. It stops the camera from automatically centering on an object whenever one is created, which sounds like what your camera is doing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 01:21:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 01:21:28