Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help with sparkys dll v2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
yes im a noob
sooo w/e
just that i did what it said put what were
ok
but there are some codes it doesnt like

SC_SetupObject 2,0,0

but thats about it

idk im soo confused

i just need help learning the sparky dll.
cause i hear its very simple
and such and such
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 06:48
When did people stop writing like normal human beings?

It took me a few minutes just to understand what you rambled on about in the beginning, let alone the actual question.

Have you created object 2 before calling the function? What errors are you getting? Is the object already setup elsewhere? Are you including a memblock command in your program so sparky's dll can work?

Answer these questions, and provide some source code, and it would be 1000 times easier to help you.

APC
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes i know.
I gave up on this.
im shrr it was somtihng to do with not creating object 2 before calling the function.
but oh well i gave up on the code from the web.oh and anyways just wanted to learn sparkys dll.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 04:31
hmm... Sounds like you gave up to fast - maybe not - but - I personally learned alot from disecting the little sliding demos that came with Sparky's DLL. In fact, once I saw the sliding demo (meaning the one that is a bit more advanced then the "simple sliding demo") - I made some changes to my program, dropped the whole DBPro collision stuff, and had a neat sliding effect in all 6 degrees of freedom - Meaning I'm not making a regular first person shooter - this is like flying a spaceship indoors - and is VERY much like the old game Descent.

Know way to many languages - Master of none
APC
Years of Service
User Offline
I luaghed!
flying indoors...
i like it.

but i need some good colision for my game at least. thats why i would have liked learning sparky dll cause ive read it can get very good results

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 02:59
I made some functions to help with collision:

And there's also RUCCUS' code.

Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 15:03 Edited at: 27th Jun 2007 15:04
Quote: "im shrr it was somtihng to do with not creating object 2 before calling the function."

If you didn't create any object with the object number 2 before calling the 'SC_SetupObject 2,0,0' you'll of course get an error. The first number is the object number you wan't to use in sparkys, and if you haven't created any object with the number you're using when calling the command you get an error, because the object does not exist. (The second one is what collision group you wan't it to belong to and the third number is what kind of collision you get.)

Working code:

I create the object and then call the 'SC_SetupObject' command to be able to use in with sparkys. Then I end the progrem and then I use the 'delere memblock' command to make so there will exist at last one memblock in the program (which is also why I called the command 'end', so I wouldn't get an error message because I haven't used the command 'make memblock' to create the memblock).

I hope this helps.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 01:13:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 01:13:18