Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Is there a command to know : Who see what ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a command to know if the camera see an object?

And is there a command to know if there is not something between 2 objects?
Intersect object is no good, because you must test every objects to know if any object is between the 2 points

yours
Fabio
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 01:26
Get Sparky collision Dll. It's free and does super-fast ray tracing and will give you a list of objects numbers between two points, nearest first.

Boo!
Jane Doe
Years of Service
User Offline
Check out the OBJECT IN SCREEN () and OBJECT VISIBLE() functions.

As far as checking for intervening objects, I think that checking every object is pretty much what you're going to have to do. There are a few ways to do this. You could store the list of object numbers in an array and use a FOR/NEXT loop to check using INTERSECT OBJECT(). You could use Sparky's which I believe has commands that will automate this task for you.

- Jane
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 03:36 Edited at: 26th Jul 2007 02:41
Expanding on Jane Doe:

OBJECT IN SCREEN(object): Tells if an object is within the bounds of the screen (Press F1 on the command for details). Returns a 0 if the object isn't in bounds, and a 1 if it is

OBJECT VISIBLE(object): Tells if an object is hidden (using the HIDE OBJECT command) or not. Returns a 0 if the object is hidden, and a 1 if it isn't. (in my opinion the help files don't explain it well enough)

Think of 0 as false and 1 as true.

Good luck

Fabio
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, Sparky rules.

OBJECT IN SCREEN and OBJECT VISIBLE are no good.
INTERSECT OBJECT can work, but I use it in other my routines.
In the our case INTERSECT OBJECT need too much for next cicles (a test for every object).

I did not want it, but at last I must use Sparky's DLL.

I do not understand why DBP can not have native commands to make so usefull tasks.

Thank you Sparky, again.

yours
Fabio

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 02:19:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 02:19:41