Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Machinima and FPSC X10 ...

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 11:57
Does anyone have any Machinima plans for FPSC X10 ???

I was just wondering, since FPSC X10 has the screen recording thingy built in.
It seems like it will make a natural choice for machinima with that feature and all the controls built in for effects.
The lip synching is all it would be missing, but those close ups are usually a limited number of shots anyway.
That part could always be done using another program.
An outside program would of course be used for editing and adding sound effects.
FPSC X10 would make a great machinima tool, I think.
What do you guys think?

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 12:40
i would like lip synching if they add it in a update make it a paid one since people have the option...

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin.
Work in Progress...
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 13:50
I'll let this one out of the bag

Lee added these controls in last week. It allows us to control screen shots for PR purposes. It has a side effect of making it cool for Machinima.

"To use the fly camera, add a Player Start Marker and rename it to ‘Camera Fly Mode’- you can now move around the scene as a spectator.

To use the screenshot feature, drag in an extra entity, and change the main AI script to one of your own, which has the attached script. Then in the game, press # to start a screenshot capture session. Press SPACE to end it."

Here's the script:
;AIScript from Wizard

;Header
desc = Keypress Script

; Setup Level Stats
:state=0,scancodekeypressed=43:snapshotmode

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 14:01 Edited at: 26th Oct 2007 15:12
flycamera
snapshotmode
Awesome, THANKS!

Quote: "i would like lip synching if they add it in a update make it a paid one since people have the option..."

There is a lip synch thingy for DBPro (Dark Voices), and there are other programs for that also.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 17:41
Quote: "I'll let this one out of the bag

Lee added these controls in last week. It allows us to control screen shots for PR purposes. It has a side effect of making it cool for Machinima.

"To use the fly camera, add a Player Start Marker and rename it to ‘Camera Fly Mode’- you can now move around the scene as a spectator.

To use the screenshot feature, drag in an extra entity, and change the main AI script to one of your own, which has the attached script. Then in the game, press # to start a screenshot capture session. Press SPACE to end it."

Here's the script:
;AIScript from Wizard

;Header
desc = Keypress Script

; Setup Level Stats
:state=0,scancodekeypressed=43:snapshotmode

Rick"

OMG! No way I knew you had to have something like this to make your videos, but its included for users! Now I can make proper in-game videos for our game!

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2007 23:58
AWESOME! (caps off)

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
Flash
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, so I get the Camera Fly Mode (I think, I take it it means you can move around the level freely, up down, left right without having to actually walk?) Which is great!

But could someone please explain what is meant by a 'screen shot capture session?' Surely to take a screen shot you just press the screenshot capture key whenever you need to? What's a 'screen shot capture session' and why does it need all the seting up with the random entity and the scipts? What makes it different from just pressing F12, or whatever key?

Thanks =]

~Flash

Hippopottomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 05:55
Its a ghost mode basically. I think its a movie basically.

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 13:25
This is yet another feature that'll totally make our games 10x better! Oh, and about the spectator-like camera mode, that would sure make a great addition to mp games. A player can choose the choice to play or spectate for example.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2007 21:55 Edited at: 27th Oct 2007 22:00
Quote: " A player can choose the choice to play or spectate for example. "

OMG, YES!
I'm either too old or burnt out (probably both) to miss that one.
Great idea Snipesoul

What about multiple actors and multiple camera men shooting the same scene in multiplayer.
This should make the players invisible so the cameramen would never be in the shot at any angle.
This would save time in the 'shooting' process.

Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2007 03:09
For your idea, we can just have people record with fraps at the same time. Then, you can tell them to email the clips to you, and lastly, you can combine them together to make a little video. That would be a possibility without having the programmers code something in like this.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2007 06:59 Edited at: 28th Oct 2007 07:06
Yeah but they wouldn't be invisible, so you would see the camera men in the other shots.
This way is better than the other, and even better than shooting a scene in real life.
Think about, you never have to worry about another cameraman getting in your shot.

If lip synching were built in, then FPSC X10 would be a one stop solution for all machinima artists.
I'm sure there are licensing restrictions on the use of brand name games like San Adreas for machinima.
With FPSC, you wouldn't have any licensing or royalty worries, which would make it more atrractive than the alternatives.
I think that TGC could take the Machinima world by storm with FPSC X10 if they wanted too.
Machinima is a realitively new artistic form that has great commercial potential.

Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
unless they make an advanced movie feature where you can tell your guys where to run or who to shoot it would be awesome.

Fletch the best .
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If lip synching were built in"

It does have lip sync. It uses darkvoices doesn't it?

[href]http://www.freewebs.com/deatheadstudios/

[/href]
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2007 04:57
Machinima is awesome. Im in a machinima clan with a website that isnt build yet .

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It does have lip sync. It uses darkvoices doesn't it?"

I don't think it does theres are some rather advanced preperations needed to setup lip sync and I think they would struggle to make it work for a game maker rather than an individual game.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2007 16:37 Edited at: 16th Nov 2007 16:47
Well I guess we could use Dark Voices, but using DBPro or animating the mouth may be tricky for some people.
Then, there is Crazy Talk, which is more expensive than Dark Voices.
However, CrazyTalk has all the mouth animations done for you with little effort on your part.
All you need is an image of a face, and the sound file. It is really that easy.
Just listen to the TGC Thug character in the attached download. --->
You know he wouldn't lie to you...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2007 17:05
Quote: ""To use the fly camera, add a Player Start Marker and rename it to ‘Camera Fly Mode’- you can now move around the scene as a spectator."

Quote: "I think that TGC could take the Machinima world by storm with FPSC X10 if they wanted too.
Machinima is a realitively new artistic form that has great commercial potential."

Machinima is movies played within the game engine, if its not within the game engine its not machinima, its a regular movie, all be it one taken from a game. Also if you wanted this just for machinima why not use UE3, that has great scripting tools, a very handy time bar as well, setting up triggers and scenes in the movie editor with UE2 was a real pain, thak god they switched to a time bar for the new engine, also with UE3 games you have gigs of content that come with the game to use, so if its just machinima you are better of using something like that.

I made a 30 min film with machinima on an old project, its a lot work, you are better off making films the regular way if you want just to make a regular movie, but its good for ingame movies to keep the film the same quality as the game, ie its a game and not some FMV from max or maya etc.

Anyway this is a handy feature for fpsc that should help with cut scenes. Next step would be to bge able to program the free spectator mode, then you can keep the movie ingame, and not have to export it with fraps of something. Keeps file sizes down as well if you can keep it in game and not capture and save as a video. Plus you can keep the rez at 100%.

fpsc game KillTV update 22Oct.http://www.avantivita.com/killtv.html
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2007 16:47
I've been thinking about a machinima in FPSC for some time now. It would need the lip sync to work though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:22:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:22:19