Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 01:03
We've had plenty of wall cutters (Butters, Red Devil, Coffee Grunt) but are there any available for the floor?

bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 01:13
floors are "no punch" spaces. if they were, doors would leave holes in the ground.

in the immortal words of cheeshead you are a forum ruiner guy!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 01:17
It is possible for floors to be "punched", but to do so you would have to open up the floor's .fps file, find the part about the floor mesh, and change CSGIMMUNE to 0.....

Therefore, too much work to bother with there, unless the creator were to add in edited stock .fps files, but still, there would be problems with custom ones and no-one,(worth credit), uses stock.....

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 02:09
Quote: "and no-one,(worth credit), uses stock....."

oh, hohoho, that's sure to start a MAAAHOOOOSIVE fight.

*hides behind riot shield*

coffee grunt is right, but it's worth bearing in mind that turning of floor CSG on some segments Aint such a bad idea, if you for example wanted to make trap doors.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 02:10
Quote: "oh, hohoho, that's sure to start a MAAAHOOOOSIVE fight."

Well, I mean "nowadays", as when FPSC first started out, yes, stock was avidly used, but now it seems to be frowned upon.....

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 02:12
I think perhaps, stock entities aren't so bad, like, theres no point making a barrel if there are 20 already available, but I do agree with you on things like segments. We want to see something original.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 06:41
lol @ coffee grunt

@ Butters
You been bumpin any flat walls in X10?

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 12:59
Quote: "oh, hohoho, that's sure to start a MAAAHOOOOSIVE fight.
"

Oh,yeah.Once again I have to say there is nothing wrong with the stock media that is included in FPSC and anyone who does not use FPSC may well be wowed at the media.
With media it's like the saying goes...it's not what you got but how you use it...
You can make a good game with stock media and make a horrible one with custom media.It has more to do with the developer designing the level than the media used in the level.
Nickydude's hints and tips guide (which was featured in this month's newsletter) will get you farther than any fancy media will.
Quote: "It is possible for floors to be "punched", but to do so you would have to open up the floor's .fps file, find the part about the floor mesh, and change CSGIMMUNE to 0.....

Therefore, too much work to bother with there, unless the creator were to add in edited stock .fps files,"

You do know that when FPSC came out that everything had to be done manually.The only apps were the entity maker and the segment maker provided by TGC.
All these cool apps you find around here had to be made from scratch by talented developers...speaking of which,check out Wetham and the rig he got as one of the winners of the Nvidia competition (his pic is in this month's newsletter).

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 13:25
Quote: "Nickydude's hints and tips guide (which was featured in this month's newsletter)"

Was it?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 13:26
@FredP

When I said:
Quote: "Therefore, too much work to bother with there, unless the creator were to add in edited stock .fps files"

I meant the creator of the Floor CSG pack that would be released hypothetically......

Accoun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 14:31
Quote: "coffee grunt is right, but it's worth bearing in mind that turning of floor CSG on some segments Aint such a bad idea, if you for example wanted to make trap doors."

Yeah, I think GPS made 2 of it...

Make games, not war.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 18:39
YEh, a sci-fi one, and an old wooden one....

Kilgore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 18:47
I'm pretty impressed with the stock media and official packs...certainly compared to some other game creation software out there.

I don't think there's anything wrong with using it, provided it's used with imagination. After all, the whole process of putting together a decent game takes a huge amount amount of time. So unless you have an entire team on hand, I'd say good stock media is a blessing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 03:30:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 03:30:09