Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sidescrolling obj-viewing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I\'m really new to DBP and I was wondering if someone could give me a few lines of text to get started. The only thing I really need is a script that loads and .obj as the \"world\", an image as background and a camera that moves left and right upon pressing left and right arrowkeys to view the obj as an old fashion side-scroller game. Just to get me started..

Thanks in advance for any assistance...
Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, not to be a big spoiler, I am a beginner too. Someone else may post some code for you, but the best way to learn is to do some of the tutorials. There is a sticky thread at the top of this forum. And then once you progress from there and have some more specific questions do some forum searches as most problems have usually been dealt with before. Once you have done that people will be a lot more willing to help you.
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 05:23
What he said, but I'll make it easy:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=25076&b=7

Los Mineros are on leave...
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 05:36
Here, what you wanted wasn't too much, so I put together a little mini-tutorial for you on it. You should still read some of the other tutorials, though, so you can learn about variables and all that good stuff.

Just be warned that this is the easy part. Stuff like moving your character around will be much more challenging.

Los Mineros are on leave...
CBze
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much. I've allready gotten through a few tutorials but that little script made it all seem that more clear. Thanks again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 14:23:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 14:23:55