Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 21st Apr 2008 21:30
the efxMOD gave me this great idea of global warming going crazy and water starts rising and.... Story:

Its year 2008 and the global warming is the very hot theme talking all over the world.Scientist are predicting that The Netherlands will be flooded with water first.Nobody belives that especially Dutch people,but air pollution is starting to show some consequences.

Year 2010.You are a inhabitant of The Netherlands.You wake up,yesterday was a nice warm and sunny day.Everything seemed fine.But when you open your door to go downstairs and drive to work,you see something horrible! Water flooded the stairs and the path is blocked.The only way to get out of this big complex of apartments is to go all the way around and save yourself.In hope that you will succseed you run to the window,open it and jump through.You land in water in the small sewer alley.The game begins here.

The game will be a puzzle style,no shooting and scifi stuff and zombies,you will only have a few tools like knife,hands,axe and you will have to battle all the way trough and solve complicated puzzles.The game is in alpha stage currently,the alley is already in progress,tommorow i will make the apartment and make a movie of the beggining.Any comment is very appreciated.

Soldier of Fortune Episode 1
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2008 22:03
It will be intresting to see how you can make a FPS game about global warning Send it to Al Gore when you are done, amybe he will get happy

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 15:42
yeah lol thanks,more updates,i made the next alley house basement and then you will have to go a floor higher and jump into the sewers,some levels will be short,some complicated and long,the sewers will be a big connection of tunnels and you will have to figure out the paths to get the hell out,also i tweaked the lightning out a bit,+ some intense bloom will really look like its 40 °C

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 02:19
Honestly that doesnt look very good. try more entity placement

therapy has taught me not to talk to men with needles
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 07:55
I hope the ending is... it isn't global warming, it's.... Al Queada. That would be awesome, lol.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 19:31
its in alpha stage and its a street sewer behind the buildings so theres not much stuff,im gonna make some more crap floating,keep the comments comming

HKCrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2008 08:15
Good job so far. I have two questions though is this in X10? Since there's water in the game, can you swim (or drown?)
Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 19:54
i believe this should be locked... bear in mind the following next time

You need to release a demo or fpm file or be at a stage to do so, or this is not yet showcase ready

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You need to release a demo or fpm file or be at a stage to do so, or this is not yet showcase ready"

This is what I don't understand.. I know rules are rules but having to have a demo or fpm, is kinda stupid because..
A.Some people may want people to see their creation through screenshots like it has for many years now.
B.Some people like to keep their Fpm to themself.

We are the cost of a world gone wrong.
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 02:13
djmaster
I like the look of this, it has a 'doom' open scene look to it but with a little bit more from FPSC X10.

Keep up the good work.
Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
i am really liking it you may get a good game from this!!!

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 03:02
IT DOES NOT NEED A DEMO!!!!! OK!?!? The game needs to show promise, not a demo

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 15:05
or you can show a video.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 16:42
Quote: "Feel free to post any of the following here (with an accompanying screen shot of course)

1) DEMOS of games. If there is no download, don't post about your game yet. This is a showcase remember.

2) FULL GAMES (Single or Multiplayer). Enough said really.

3) FPM MAP FILES. If you've got a killer level then feel free to post the map for it here. Much smaller than EXE files and other people can then share and enjoy.

4) MODELS / TEXTURES / SOUNDS / MUSIC. If you\'ve actually created some content you want to share with the rest of the community then feel free to post about it here.

5) MOVIES. These are cool, feel free to post them!

The original rules for the Showcase forum...in case anyone missed them.
BatVink has been nice enough to correct the oversight which I have made and cleaned up the Showcase forum.
I wanted to give everyone a reminder as I myself have forgotten some of this.
Thanks to BatVink for his assistance."

5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Good job so far. I have two questions though is this in X10? Since there's water in the game, can you swim (or drown?)"

Quote: "the efxMOD gave me this great idea of global warming going crazy and water starts rising and.... Story:"

If you don't know what the EFX Mod is do a search

Was cool kid
john117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 01:41
Actually Global Warming is a lie But Im not saying that you should stop.

I know a very good explanation. Keep going with your game, I want to see how it turns out.

Ill give you the explanation by e-mail.

Mine is: jlaborde123@hotmail.com
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 2nd May 2008 20:17 Edited at: 2nd May 2008 20:20
like i want to know what is the truth,im making a story so i dont care about the truths ect. oh and the game is on hold a bit since my pc crashed and got to reinstall windows so i got to reinstall fpsc through i saved the level,and the level or demo posting,why didnt other people do so huh? now explain this smarty,nobody is telling them to post anything so stop with this otherwise im gonna simply leave,im not listening to some people who dont know what to post then they annoy with small details

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 21:12
Thats the wrong additude lad, They are trying to help you. If you post a demo/video is is less likely to be locked. If you continue this kind of behaviour, this is doomed to be locked.

Don't start a fight about nothing. It won't turn out the way you like.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 02:25
Quote: "Thats the wrong additude lad"

Yuuup. Just be a bit nicer...We don't have anything against you...
And sorry. But threatening that you are going to leave won't do anything...No body really cares =)

DevilMouse Developments Lead Designer/Programmer/Developer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:26:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:26:33