Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / some objects load and some don't

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I am new to dbp and quickly to the point, I can load some objects and not others. If I make a disc or plane(very simple) and export it as a .x file with c4d I can only load it if there is no texture applied. No texture it loads fine with texture I get a big error and the program says it needs to close.

Now I know that the problem is me. I have tried 3ds format as well. What I have also done is locate extremely detailed models on the net that have texture and everything that I cannot seem to do. They load with dbp no problem.

What characteristic do my models have or not have that make them unloadable. Does anyone know? Thank you.

steve
hookkshot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 09:23
well can i first ask wat program are you using and how are you texturing your object on your program. are you using uv or some other form of texturing

[href]www.splitsecondgames.com[/href]
Silent Shade Download the latest Beta
ThinkDigital
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 12:33 Edited at: 25th Jun 2008 12:37
[Removed]

"rm -rf /bin/laden"
oversteve
Years of Service
User Offline
OK,

My best example is this:

I create a simple plane with Cinema 4d R10. Then I export it as a directx (.x) file. Then I load it with DarkBasic using the following code:

When I make the 3d object with Cinema 4d and add no texture the code will load it. If I add texture with Cinema 4d by dragging it onto the object or the object manager window DarkBasic throws out an error when I try to load it with the same code. The program says it must close. This does not seem to be the case with models made by other people. Thanks.

steve

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 16:33:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 16:33:57