Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 2 question.If you dont mind...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay,got that curvevalue,curveangle thing working.
Now I have 2 question:
is there a command that blocks a specified button from being used?I mean i dont want my character to move when i rotate the camera,it gives unwanted errors.
Second,is there a 'timer' command.I mean i made a jump code.But the character doesnt fall down(levitates) untill i release the button...

books->movies->games
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 18:13 Edited at: 29th Jun 2008 22:22
1. I'm not sure if there's a command that specifically blocks a key from being used, but you could program something like it easily... You could make a variable and set it to 1 when the camera is rotating and set it to 0 when it isn't. Then, you could have the player only be able to move when that variable is equal to 0.

2. There is a 'Timer()' command, but I'm not sure it would help you here without the use of another variable. You could make a variable and have it set itself to something like 20 when the player first jumps, and then each loop you could decrease it until it reached 0 at which point you would put the player back on the ground.

best seclub
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks,Ill see what i can do.

books->movies->games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 16:25:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 16:25:13