Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [Demo] 3D Anime Maker // Stop-Motion Machinema Creator V001

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 07:39 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 17:31
3D Anime Maker V002 - Fixed Delete button, although still comes up with an error if you don't click it fast enough (in other words, don't hold down the delete button for more than a split second)
http://rapidshare.com/files/126566067/3DamV002.rar.html

So what is 3D Anime Maker?

The future goal of 3D Anime Maker is to have a program in where you can create your own Anime, Movie, Cartoon or 3D RPG Cutscenes. It is a 3D Stop-Motion Animation Utility. I want, in the future of the program, for it to come with loads of pre-made content for users to work with, including fully animated Characters. The rare pair of you who are familiar with Microsoft 3D Movie Maker ([url]www.3dmm.com[/url]) will understand upon first look. If you don't understand I hope you will download and give the Demo a shot. Within this first release there is absolutely no documentation so you will have to figure this one out on your own. Look for Youtube Video Documentation later. ^^

Based upon the Darkbasic Engine, it can take various quality 3D Models depending upon the power of your Computer. As Darkbasic Pro has the potential for DirectX 9.0c effects, within the future of the program we may even be seeing Pixel Shaders. The program is LONG from complete, this first Release doesn't even have Save/Load. If you support the program or are just mildly interested, try out the Demo (and maybe find some bugs x_x) and tell me what you think. Visit the website at Evable.org for updates (and of course, this thread). I will release at least SOMEthing every week whether it be a small fix or a huge new feature.

This first Demo as you will see is definitely more of a test and showcase of my life for the past 4 months. Once I get Load/Save working, and a .CHAR file creator (so you can Import Characters/Props) it will be a semi-functional 3D Stop-Motion Movie Creator.

Features
Note: The Software is being Programmed in the DarkBasic Engine...
- The Program uses Custom created .CHAR files to read the "Geometry" and "Texture" for the Object. If the Object is a Character, it will call for Animation. It will read as many Animations listed within the .CHAR file as it can and store them in the Objects Properties (Animations have "Name", "StartFrame", "EndFrame"). The idea for .CHAR files was inspired by MDL and MD2 3D Model .cfg files. If the Object is a Prop, it won't have to deal with Animation Data. Nor will it have to list UVmap Data, as Props just depend upon Textures.
- Imports 3D Models including "Characters" and "Props" in X, 3DS, MD3, MD2, or MDL Format.
- Imports Images including "UVmaps", "Textures", and "Panaramas" in BMP, JPG, TGA, DDS, DIB, or PNG Format.
- Lighting! The first Object, a white ball, represents the Lighting in the scene. Once I get enough money (broke at the moment) to afford the DarkLights Expansion, I will be able to get some Shadows in there (or once I get light mapping or whatever the hell that shader is working). You can also attach up to 7 Lights ONTO objects. (this button is directly above, try it out)
- Object Grouping - In trying to 1-up 3D Movie Maker, I have implemented a kind of Object Grouping system, although it still needs Orbit Rotation.

IMPORTANT: Features that have yet to be implemented
- Orbit Rotation: EXTREMELY important feature. Right now, groups are kind of useless unless I can get Orbit Rotation to work, which might require horrid Triginometry theory.
If groups are useless, you will not be able to make your own Robots out of prefab objects within the program. If groups are useless, you will not be able to create Weapons like Guns, Swords, etc... (the handle of the sword has to rotate with the blade, without Global Rotation the position of both objects doesn't change upon Rotation, only the Rotation values!!). If groups are useless, you will create a Skyscraper out of Boxes. Say the boxes are the Windows of the Skyscraper. You will have to rotate AND position each INDIVIDUAL box together EACH frame.
So you understand how important this feature is then, no? If you can help me with this please PM me or E-mail me. This will help loads of people in the future figure this one out. ;-0
- Euler Rotation: Better rotation, more like 3dmm.
- Load/Save: Self-explanatory and quite obviously there won't be much of a program without it.
- Automatic .CHAR file creator: This feature will allow people to import their own Characters and Props in 3D Anime Maker by just showing it where their files are. I maaaay need help with this one, however, so if you are a Darkbasic Pro programmer please PM me or E-mail me on this. I'm sure there will be people out there that are eternally grateful!
- Event Logging: No Undo/Cut/Copy/Paste yet.
- Object Delete: Self Explanatory
- And Much much more...

Want to help out with the Project?
If you can 3D Model we're accepting 3D Models (Mostly a need for Props and other things that make up a low-poly 3d World) in OBJ format. Send me an E-mail if your interested in contributing to the project.

Bugs If you find any bugs post in this thread, or E-mail me at

MarkHansAvon@aol.com.

PHP Programming, Music Composition
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 09:24
sounds great! Where can we download it from though?
wind27382
Years of Service
User Offline
all I can say is wow

wind
James McGlocken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 16:54
Quote: "sounds great! Where can we download it from though? "

Thanks, though sorry about that. I didn't know this website uses the href bbcode instead of the url one. x_x

Quote: "all I can say is wow"

Thank you.

Outscape
Years of Service
User Offline
looks amazing
ill try it out when i get home

Creators of Outscape
Outscape
Years of Service
User Offline
can people use it in their games?

Creators of Outscape
James McGlocken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 05:02
I was thinking if I get far enough along in this project within the future I could probably scale it into a kind of Game Creation Utility.

Maybe an Action-RPG (Zelda-like) game creator? I would want, and still want even for this program, pre-fab graphics. (so that you do not necessarily have to be a pro 3d modeller to create a game or movie)

All of htis is in the future of course. Right now I'm focusing more on trying to get my Video Tutorials for Demo v002 out (and upload v002 for download).

I have 56k, so I need to wait until I can get broadband at my library tomarrow to upload.

James McGlocken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 17:31
3D Anime Maker V002 - Fixed Delete button, although still comes up with an error if you don't click it fast enough (in other words, don't hold down the delete button for more than a split second)
http://rapidshare.com/files/126566067/3DamV002.rar.html

v0.02 uploaded and ready for download. Load/Save coming in the next version!

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 00:17
Quote: "(in other words, don't hold down the delete button for more than a split second)"

I haven't downloaded that, or know exactly what the delete button does (What does it delete?). But you should generally be able to avoid this by: Checking for a RELEASE of the delete button. Ex:

Or, you can do this:

Preferably, you should do both. However, I haven't used it so I don't know the problem.

Good work.

Cheers,

-naota

"I used to do a lot of time travelling when I was younger. I called it 'ta-kwee-la' You would drink this potion and wake up 3 days in the future!" - Craig Ferguson
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 01:12 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2008 01:12
This sounds really cool but the pictures aren't showing up for me

James McGlocken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 17:56
Oh wow, thanks Aaron.

Quote: "This sounds really cool but the pictures aren't showing up for me
"

I'm gonna try making a tutorial and uploading it into this topic. The pictures that aren't working and they are uploaded to my OWN FRICKIN WEBSERVER!! AARRGGG!!

Ah well, I'll use photobucket. ;/

By the way, I should have thought of this before, but you can't really get INTO the program without some kind of tutorial int ehf irst place. I've been creating Video Tutorials but I haven't been able to upload them, so now I'm just considering making some HTML files or something.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 02:20:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 02:20:43