Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Objects do not exist when I switch resolutions midway in the program

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 18:25 Edited at: 25th Jul 2008 18:25
I'm simply doing a test for resolutions changes to add to the options menu in my game. While testing it, I've run into a strange problem. Every time the resolution changes, it seems to forget than there was even an object created.

Here's the code:

My settings in the DBPro EXE setting is Fullscreen Exclusive Mode (no I don't want to use the widowed mode as it makes everything look like a blurry ugly mess). Is there a way to fix this and/or what am I doing wrong?

Chibi?
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 19:02
I'm not sure there's a fix for it. I believe that the SET DISPLAY MODE command erases everything (loaded objects, images, etc) when you use it, but someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Chibi Babble
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
@Chibi Babble:

Come on, you're here since 2003 but still we have to tell you to read the help. Simply read what it says for SET DISPLAY MODE.
"

wow-e I'm retarded. That sucks though. I'm guessing there's no fix?

Chibi?
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 21:11
I usually have all my load object, image & bitmap commands in a function called loadgraphics() which I call after a resolution change. Its not an ideal fix but it does the job.

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 23:52
There's no fix because there's no issue. As seen here, more specifically "Calling Device.Reset causes all texture memory surfaces and state information to be lost", but yes it is annoying that a language that's supposed to be 'BASIC' doesn't handle this for you.

Chibi Babble
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 18:24 Edited at: 26th Jul 2008 18:24
Quote: "
I usually have all my load object, image & bitmap commands in a function called loadgraphics() which I call after a resolution change. Its not an ideal fix but it does the job.
"

yep that what I did

Chibi?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 18:19:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 18:19:08