Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / {M.I.A} Missing in Action : The Subliminal Journey

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 23:21 Edited at: 5th Sep 2009 23:23
Hey!
Its me again! Welcome to the official Missing in Action development thread. I asked Thraxas a while ago to close the old thread because I completely remade the concept and I did some other major changes:

- The Concept: The game is now much more "Survival Horror" and it has loads of features you haven`t seen yet in an FPSC Game
- The main reason for a new thread is that the old MIA contained ripped, copyrighted Media out of Penumbra and Far Cry. This one doesn`t have anything of these (I never claimed to be a saint)
- It will be optical improved
- Doomster and McCrazy are involved to create a graphical and technical masterpiece with a custom made Mod
- The Mapdesign will be way more alternative and abstract than you might hink now. This is NOT a Zombie Game.

Well, I have to translate a load of text here, most people only watch the images I post below -.- Aynway...

The Story:

You play as Richard Bleddyn, a NATO Soldier that has been killed while a convoi attack in Kosovo, but you do not know yet that you are dead

You can check out the Prologue in german in the code snippet

A short translation:
[i]
The text describes a scene where the main character tells another soldier about his dark past. His girlfriend cheatet to him (with his best friend) he failed at school and his father killed his mother. In that very moment, enemy forces attack the convoi and he dies while he tried to save his friend. Then there is a description of the feeling of dying. Afterwards, a six winged, black feathered angel appears in front of Richard. Richard feels an incredible sexual tie for the angel and he realizes that he no longer is bound into his body. The Angel tells him that he will become greater than what he was before but he has to clean his soul from all dark and evil remains. Then he wakes up in a dirty, dark room. Rebound to his body, without equippment but with clothes.

So, you wake up in this dark dirty room without any equipment or communication tool. On your way through the abandoned industrialhall you realize that this place isn`t only abandoned by man, but also by god. But soon you realize that this feeling thats as old as the time itself isn`t only a feeling. You are hunted. But not by humans, but by the creatures out of your worst nightmares. While you travel through places like the Industrial Complex, the Creamtory, the sunken Citadel, the Sewer or the Psychatrie you realize what really happens to you.
While you fight this insanity, you also rescue the beautiful female soldier Selena, which helps you on your path

Plot (may contain spoilers)

Bleddyn is dead, but he proved wearthy to gain a new life. As an Angel. But before this is allowed to him, he as to purge his soul from all fears and weaknesses of his old life. Cleamse his firesoul. He often meats a dark clothed person which introduced himself as "Shial". Shial, is, as Bleddyn gets after a while the dark part of himself. Richards goal is to kill the Shial. A hunt straight through hell.

This explains the story in shortness.

Attention: I`m currently busy with the scripts and the features, so I DID NOT focus on designing yet. The Screens are very Work In Progress and the y do not show final quality:

The Coffeemachines in the game can be used as health station.

Just one of the random rooms in the game

An unfinished Workplace

Some of the new ways to kick some tail:

W.I.P Angelpower "Soulrape" cast

W.I.P Angelpower "Soulrape" hit

Steyr AUG A3. All Thanks for the rig goes to Black ProFductions. I still need to do some fixing on the scope, but other than that, the texture is final.

Here we go with the features:

- Good graphics for FPSC
- Dramatic storyline
- A cool Main Character
- loads of riddles and strange enemys
- interesting NPC`s
- Loads of new possibilites and items.

Newest Features:

- New Medi Items like Coffee, Epinephrine Syringes, default Medipacks, Codeine and Morphium
- New Pickup System for Weapons
- Angelpowers
- You can investigate Rooms, read documents and there are even chests that must be unlocked.
- Spawning Ghosts for intense Gameplay
- New Visual Health System
- Completely Synchronisated

Visual Style:

- Razor Sharpened, High Contrast Graphics
- Dark Lightmapping in my usual Style
- Some surreal Level Parts
- Partially Blueish lightmapping

comments,critics?

God Helps the Beast in Me!
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 23:43 Edited at: 5th Sep 2009 23:53
wow! that is absolutely amazing! i can really see the similarities to penumbra! i think this game is BOTB quality. if you keep up work this good, who knows what you could acheive!

you might want to change the name of "soulrape" though, it sounds a bit... gross.

another thing i noticed was that some of your screens are amazing, but others are quite empty, you might want to work a teensy bit more on entity placement. how about putting kravenwolf's wooden planks on the floor? i do that a lot and it really helps to fill and empty scene.

also ww2's debris has some quite good stuff for messy floors.

well, as i siad, this game is still AWESOME! and i do think it's best of the best quality. keep it up wolf!

and when you say razor sharp graphics, does that mean you've just put everything up to max, or increased everything a lot?

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 23:43
Awesome! This is back! So great!

PS: -.- ,,|,
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 01:33
@ Shadow: Wolf clearly stated that he hasn't focused on development as much as he will quite yet, and that the screenshots are very work in progress still; and so I imagine by that, he means he still has much detail to add.

Anyways, Wolf this project is looking absolutely superb my friend. Between the highly original storyline, that's quite frankly a breath of fresh air and well thought out, to just all the little things you can produce in FPS Creator to make your game look unique and beautiful, I surely could see this a BOTB winner if you keep this one up. Actually I'd be thoroughly surprised if it wasn't.

Can't wait to see more man, have a great day.

Cheers

Ich will in Beifall untergehen.
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Holy Crap! This looks amazing so far! Absolutely amazing what you can do with with FPSC from what I can see. Puts my game to shame Liking the "Soulrape?" effects. Great story as well

I will be definitely be watching this to see what you come up with
BOTB for sure

SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 02:00
Nice coffee machine, game looks great keep it up.
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 02:17
Incredible work as always Wolf, especially the story.

The new "Soulrape" is also a pelzig idea...

-Doomster

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 06:33 Edited at: 6th Sep 2009 07:58
Looks good Wolf, dark style u do well.

*edit.

"in videogames you try to get the best graphics with the least amount of processing." -Ingolme
"The more skill you acquire, the less you have to use it." SS
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 09:58
I love the soulrape aswell! And the grungy dark mood in there!

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 10:52
Cool looking superpowers there If the level design is not final and its uber awesome,I wonder how ultra uber awesome the final will be.

[href]http://sites.google.com/site/chargedstudios/home[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 12:28
WOW! This is über büber awesome!
The story is SO cool, too!

^My game, Gore Club Mission^
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 12:40
Quote: "@ Shadow: Wolf clearly stated that he hasn't focused on development as much as he will quite yet, and that the screenshots are very work in progress still; and so I imagine by that, he means he still has much detail to add."

he did ask for C&C, i was pointing out things that might help with development. (generally what you do with c&c)

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 12:54 Edited at: 6th Sep 2009 12:57
Generally one doesn't point out something the author has clearly stated will be changed anyways; but I don't want to start an argument so I'm dropping it here.

Hope to see more Wolf.

Cheers

dxdragon86
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 13:31
wolf it looks great!

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 23:25
Awesome Wolf! Looks great, glad to see it's back.
Regarding Errant's spells, how the heck did you make it like that? Man I wish I could get my hands on that...
-Adrian

I love Taylor Swift. She's awesome.
Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 23:30 Edited at: 6th Sep 2009 23:30
Hey guys!

Quote: "
you might want to change the name of "soulrape" though, it sounds a bit... gross."

I like to be gross.... No, seriously. Missing in Action has a dark setting and a dark storyline. The whole game is filled with supsense, blood and gore.
another thing i noticed was that some of your screens are amazing, but others are quite empty, you might want to work a teensy bit more on entity placement. how about putting kravenwolf's wooden planks on the floor? i do that a lot and it really helps to fill and empty scene."

Yeah, I know. I use Planks almost too often since I retextured the Modelpack 3 ones. Anyway! As Braden 713 already stated haven`t I had the time to focus that much on the mapdesign. I also work a lot with pictures of real abandoned scenes. These are kinda empty. Well, lets see some serious screens soon.

Quote: "well, as i siad, this game is still AWESOME! and i do think it's best of the best quality. keep it up wolf!"

Hehe, Thanks

Anyways, Wolf this project is looking absolutely superb my friend. Between the highly original storyline, that's quite frankly a breath of fresh air and well thought out, to just all the little things you can produce in FPS Creator to make your game look unique and beautiful, I surely could see this a BOTB winner if you keep this one up. Actually I'd be thoroughly surprised if it wasn't."

Thanks! Yeah, I also really like the storyline I`m glad to hear you like it that much. I hope to get you guys a 3 Level Demo soon!

Quote: "Holy Crap! This looks amazing so far! Absolutely amazing what you can do with with FPSC from what I can see. Puts my game to shame Liking the "Soulrape?" effects. Great story as well "

Thanks! Jupp, EAI`s Spellkit is an awesome toy

Update

Well, I didn`t work on the Mapdesign today, just a lil, I replaced Cheesecakes Chainmodel in neck of a Corpse with the new ones made by Kravenwolf (thanks Kraven!) I attached this, so this post has an image

I decided to work one hour per day on this. It relaxes me after working. Like Yoga
So I keep you guys updated every 2 days or so.

Today I finally started on retexturing Cheesecakes Characters. I also added the shocking effects to the first MIA Level. (Jupp, the game will have loads of these...and they will WORK)

So, here is the shot of the corpse I stated above.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gremlin986
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 23:30
wow. it reminds me bioshock. great game!

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 23:50
Quote: "Today I finally started on retexturing Cheesecakes Characters"

Awesome man! Can't wait to check those out

The new screen looks great man; I'll certainly be checking up on this every day for progress

Cheers

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 01:22
No, please don't fill it up. That is the perfect amount of entities for this style of game. It looks amazing!

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 01:30
One thing I have to say about you wolf, is that I always see some creative way that lights are used, mostly the stock ones. You're my inspiration for light entity placement, which is a big part of the game.

Anyways, the story is unique (I've noticed you enjoy adding "sexual aspects" into your stories (sickening, lol) and the whole spell thing is fine. I don't think that soulrape is gross, what would be gross is if you replaced soul with body...

Great job!

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 02:23
Hail Wolf!
Great work dude

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 08:06
I agree with darmic. You can put an object here and there, but don't fill it up too mutch. Only when you need and it doesen't look good without that stuff.

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 16:48
This looks really awesome and that must be the most unique FPSC story I've seen.

One note though: Did Cosmic Prophet give that coffee maker to you? Because he made it just for me. I'm really angry .

Hah, joking. I don't "own" Cosmic Prophet's work, eventhough it's made just for me

Revelation leading to my psychosis and inspiration.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 19:00
Do you know what would awesome! If Wolf was finnish. You already have Sodom from german! What do you require more! LoL. I'm glad we got Ehetyz (HCZ) and Juzi (Vague) still. And me...

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 21:33 Edited at: 7th Sep 2009 21:34
Quote: "wow. it reminds me bioshock"

Yeah, I have a wrench and super powers in it But thats already all stuff you can associate with Bioshock.

Quote: "No, please don't fill it up. That is the perfect amount of entities for this style of game. It looks amazing!"

Thanks, but it needs some lil more details.

Quote: "The new screen looks great man; I'll certainly be checking up on this every day for progress "

Hehe, cool

Quote: "One thing I have to say about you wolf, is that I always see some creative way that lights are used, mostly the stock ones. You're my inspiration for light entity placement, which is a big part of the game."

Nice to hear that And yes, lightmapping is one of the keys to good graphics and athmosphere. Nice to hear I enspire someone

Quote: " (I've noticed you enjoy adding "sexual aspects" into your stories (sickening, lol) "

Ahm...yeah I do! Its fun writing these. As there is also the Novel for the Sickening I am writing on.

[/quote]Did Cosmic Prophet give that coffee maker to you? Because he made it just for me. I'm really angry

Huh? I got it out of a pack with MP3 Player, DVD Player and other entities.

"
If Wolf was finnish.[/quote]

I love loads of finnish metal bands. And, btw, I`m not german, I`m luxemburgian.

update

Well, I didn`t work on the mapdesign...again

Today I made the soundtrack for the game. It was really fun, taking cheap B class Keyboardmusic from the web, darken it, lower pitch and speed, adding distortion, mixing in other tracks, some crying and howling...and, you wouldn`t believe how goods the end result.

I finished 5 Tracks until now, that really set the player in the right mood.

Other than that, I added some, I think they are, awesome lightning effects. You all know lyteFX by Peanuttbutterfingers? (Haven`t seen that guy for ages btw) Well, I made my own ones ages ago, I just found them on my external drive, updatet them and added them to the game, as the full version won`t have any bloom.

Enjoy: (Look in the back)[No Photoshop]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
McCrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 21:45
Awesome work Wolf, as always !
I hope you'll share this light decal with us, it really looks hot.

Gremlin986
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 22:09
jesus what was that? i scared

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 01:21
Quote: "ou all know lyteFX by Peanuttbutterfingers? (Haven`t seen that guy for ages btw) Well, I made my own ones ages ago, I just found them on my external drive, updatet them and added them to the game, as the full version won`t have any bloom."

Will you be uploaded them for our use?

Great screen, really atmospheric.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 07:35
Quote: "I love loads of finnish metal bands. And, btw, I`m not german, I`m luxemburgian."

Oh! I just tought, cause you said you are from german board. And that just doesen't rally mean you area german, but I just somehow thought so. But new screenie looks awesome! And no potoshop! That is toally cool! Keepup the awesome work!

alimpo83
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks awesome!

Alien and Wrecked Building Packs here: http://www.freewebs.com/alimpo83
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 16:30
Quote: "Huh? I got it out of a pack with MP3 Player, DVD Player and other entities."
'

Ah okay, it just looked so much same. Anyway.. I wouldn't have cared if you used it, just a joke

Revelation leading to my psychosis and inspiration.
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
The first thing i read in the german thingy was "Ich Lieber Dich!" and i just thought steady there, but the screenies have looked really good

wisien92
Years of Service
User Offline
How you can use efxMod so well ??!!?? can u tell me ?? ;]

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 22:42
Quote: "You all know lyteFX by Peanuttbutterfingers? (Haven`t seen that guy for ages btw) Well, I made my own ones ages ago, I just found them on my external drive, updatet them and added them to the game, as the full version won`t have any bloom."

Awesome! I've been trying to find something like that for ages, do you know of any free alternatives?

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 12:32
Wolf, tell me when you are online, i want to talk a bit
Great work with this game!

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 00:08
@McCrazy: Thanks fella!

@Gremlin 986: Well, than wait for the demo It will scare you to hell.

@Coach Shogun: I don`t know yet, but its possible.

@wisien92: Well, I just use efx until Doomster finished the Mod for this game.

@coffeegrunt: Njet, I don`t. But maybe I release some of mine soon.

@BlackProFductions: I do not use yahoo IM that often, but I`ll Email ya.

update

tomorrow, I`m too tired ATM.

-Wolf

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2009 03:44
Dang Wolf, would you mind sharing that EAI spell mod with us? It's so awesome!
-Adrian

Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2009 04:10 Edited at: 12th Sep 2009 04:11
You could make an alternate version of the game, if you're interested upon completion of MIA; sort of a reverse campaign where the player is being groomed not to take step into an angelic embodiment, but that of a demon. And the game could plunge the player through an even darker world in search of the tools to become one of the underworld.

Just a thought man, lookin' forward to seeing more of The Subliminal Journey for sure though

Cheers

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2009 04:20
Yeah that's a good idea, nice one Braden. (if you are old enough).
-Adrian

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
wow how can you make things like that you rock!

THE BLACK .... wait it was the white or green ohh! screw this....
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 04:17
Quote: "Dang Wolf, would you mind sharing that EAI spell mod with us? It's so awesome!
-Adrian
"

It wasn`t hard to make it

Quote: "You could make an alternate version of the game, if you're interested upon completion of MIA; sort of a reverse campaign where the player is being groomed not to take step into an angelic embodiment, but that of a demon. And the game could plunge the player through an even darker world in search of the tools to become one of the underworld."

That would be a game for some serious metal.
Nice Idea though. I haven`t thought about it, but jupp, it would be cool....even though, regarding to how I interpret angelic powers...I do not want to know what kind of ideas I get for demonic powers

Quote: "wow how can you make things like that you rock!"

Hehe Well, I use FPSC since it came out. Got some training.

update

Well, I`m finally done with the basic scripts running all the actions in the game

SO, now the fun part can start. I did some cahnges on Bond1`s and all the other chars, so they fit the game. One of them is a more detailed and less "pumuckl" like. I also recorded a new sound set for him.

Other than that, I created loads of dark places and corners of the factory to explore. (You can check it out in the demo. I do not want to show all in screens. It would ruin the surprise and there isn`t anything "special" to show about it.

I also recorded some ghostly whispering that also comments some things in the game. I think its kinda creepy. I wanted a little girl to whisper, but messing around with my voice ended up in a kinda psychopathic womans whisper with some distortion and crying in the background. ( - clichee + disturbing). She helps you, btw.

Well, there won`t be the abbillity to use Ironsights in the game. But I guess thats not really a problem.

Kitchen of the canteen. Very Disasterpiece style, I know.

These light decals give some real density

Alright guys, heres my to do list for this week:

- Finishing Level 1 and 2

- Working on enemys

- Recording loads of syncs

- Retexturing tons of objects to match the games look.

-Wolf

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 04:20 Edited at: 13th Sep 2009 04:21
[Nevermind]

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 04:39
Looks excellent.
-Adrian

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow! Those shots look amazing! As usual Love your Shroudling Re-Tex, looks great! Lol, yes, that kitchen is definitely Disasterpiece-esque, if i can even say it that way
It's not the same map now is it?

Other than that, I created loads of dark places and corners of the factory to explore. (You can check it out in the demo. I do not want to show all in screens. It would ruin the surprise and there isn`t anything "special" to show about it."
Sounds cool, can't wait for a demo then

Quote: "These light decals give some real density"

Yes, yes they do I'm gonna have to go make some
Are those each, just one, model textured to look like light, Or lots of flat decals put together to look 3d?

Keep us updated, Looking great

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 11:20
Amazing wolf! Amazing! That bond1's creature (why I can't remember it's name!) looks awesome! How did you make it look that nice! You retextured it? Made it darker?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 12:05
Quote: "These light decals give some real density"

And give us jealousy...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 16:01
I'm so loving the walltexture in the first map, it's looking fantastic... honestly, it's obsiviously shaping up now and it's already looking pretty darn good, can't wait to see more screenies of this virtual masterpiece.

...Illupus is looking great aswell.

-Doomster

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 21:38
Oh wow, that Shroudling retexture is wicked man.

And the idea of being able to explore your environment sounds really fun, I'm looking forward to the demo!

Still looking better and better with each update Wolf, very excited about this game; especially those light decals, they look superb

Keep it up man.

Cheers

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 14:04
the screen shoots look super I can't wait the start playing this one

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 17:38
Quote: "Shroudling retexture "

That's it! It was Shroudling! I messed it up with Seeker.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:07:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:07:15