Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] Crime (remade)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 18:16
I've got something in development so expect some screens real soon.
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
yay, i love your screens sgjb, btw, all models are yours, or by your brother?

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
You, sir, are the new official king of enviromental mood and product placement. Wait it go! I'd love to play this but I doubt it will run on my computer, looks REALLY detailed. I'd love to see some shots of people or whatever else is in the game.
SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2010 23:00 Edited at: 28th Nov 2010 23:01
@DarkJames
I make most of the models in the scenes, or sometimes I use what I find on the forums or in packs.

@Gunbarrelguru
Thanks, at the moment there are no characters as there not really a priority at the moment.

Anyway one more screen for now.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2010 23:56
Niiiice! I like it how you have shaders on every(?) surface. Must be a lot of work!
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
bump!.

PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2011 22:26
Loos Awesome

I lvoe the way the shading is used to create a more natural look.
For example the last screenie, alot of games create dark corners and make the light pop out of the scene, you just use it to lgiht it op.
The combo of Light, Shaders and textures looks terrific

Keep it up

SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2011 20:28
Sorry I haven’t been updating recently people, I’ve problems with my computer over Christmas and work to do so as you can imagine I have been busy, anyway back now everything sorted (hopefully).

@Nigezu
A little, but it's worth it.

@PekelaarSFX
Thanks

Only one screen for now.

Attachments

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
hahaha, That looks like Half life 2!

Maybe put a light at the end, so the door isnt that shiny, or atleast it doesnt look like it is

SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2011 14:30
Thanks DarkJames, I tried that but it still sticks out like all of the dynamic entities in FPS Creator, maybe in a future update they'll sort it out.
Fyfer08
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2011 16:30
Looks Really Kool!

Ally
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
hey sgjb hey i really like your game i think it loooks awsome i was wondering were you got the broken tile wall from with the broken tiles i have been needing that for my game for a long time and cant find any i was wondering if mayb you would share the tile wall with me that would b awsome i am still trying to learn how to model hope to hear back from you!! i got betterbeats@gmail.com
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Its custom model i guess

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Bump, YEA IM NOT GONNA LET THIS ONE GO.

My favourite Project is this one

OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2011 21:58
DarkJames: I think he is probably just dealing with something. He should be back.

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
i know, but i dont want it to be locked, so i get here like 1 day vefore its locked

i really love this game, and i dont wanna lose it, he posted a new thread because the other one being locked, so that's not gonna happen here

MrFPS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2011 10:18
man that is the best story line ever? what does the guy run, is he trying to bring back america by pulling back troops, do you kill the guy you own money to?
(in exagurated voice) we'll just have to find out!
good work!
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2011 12:08
This looks awesome! the story is the best imo , not only because it's written very well but it's not like any other game which stories are like 'OMG! US is being attack by Russia! they need to fight back!'
SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2011 21:52
Thanks for the support everyone. I have been very busy recently and development has been slow. But hopefully things should pick up, thanks.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I hope so because this game looks really good.

AMD Phenom II X6 3.2Ghz, 8GB DDR3 Extreme RAM,
ASUS M4N98TD EVO Motherboard, Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB DDR5
Caveman1985
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2011 23:26
First of all I'm amazed by your screenshots. they look superb, very well done! However your storyline doesn't make sense to me. Oil shortage by 2012?? They have just found gigantic reserves in Israel, patroleum gas in Germany etc. there are even rumors that the common knowledge of how petroleum was created are false and that reserves in Russia are actually refilling themselves. Don't have the sources at my fingertips right now, but the idea of running out by next year is ludicrous I think. Maybe You should change it to something like this: "In the next step of their third, global intifada islamic states all over the world have stopped their patroleum supply to western countries. Even though the U.S. military is trying to intervene, the immediate consequences are unemployment, civil unrest and martial law in many U.S. cities. Even though the islamic states themselves are losing a lot of money by this boycott, their hope to achieve islamic supremacy (due to their preceding immigration policy) in at least some western countries make it worth the try and may pay out in the long run. Now there are civil wars going on all over Europe and the United States." I believe this story background would be much more believable while the consequences are largely the same. What do you think? You can use it, if you want.

Kind Regards, Caveman

Tissues - The footprint of the lonely man
SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2011 02:05
@Caveman1985

Yeah, there are still bits of the story I have to perfect. Thanks for pointing that out.

New screenshots, keep in mind they are still in a heavy WIP state so they are in no way a reflection of the finished product.

Attachments

SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2011 02:05
Second

Attachments

SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2011 02:06 Edited at: 18th Apr 2011 02:06
The last for now.

Attachments

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
[starts running in circles screaming] Oh my god! Oh my god! oh my god!

Amazing work!
Crime is back!

Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2011 03:31
Very nice!

-Vent

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
bumpity bump.

SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2011 23:06
Some bad news I’m afraid.

I recently had an issue with my hard drive, anyway long story short I lost all of my files. Weeks of trying to get my files recovered turned out to be a lost cause.
I'm not stopping the project but obviously I'll have to restart. On a brighter note at least I can improve several parts.
I'll keep you updated but don't expect anything for a few weeks, thanks to everyone who followed the thread.
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Bump.

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
@SGJB, sorry to hear about drive. there is a chance if u connect it as a slave on a working pc, u may be able to salvage your data. unless the HDD is fully corrupted. ALl the best on the rework.

SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2011 15:53
Thanks Defy

The place I took the drive to said that it was a problem with the actual disk (it was scratched) and that they couldn't do anything. Anyway I've a few months off so I can spend some time redoing things

Thanks
Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually I can't see anything special.
Everywhere in your game I can see only one type of designing even it is in a corridor or in a house.
And what is the reason for using water in the below screen:

And that rusty metal should not glow that much.

But some parts are better than lots of other users projects.
And the first screen is nice.
I think you made most of the models by yourself because I hadn't seen them before so if I am right then it's really good.

Have our guns was a mistake!!!

I am PaYaM
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2011 13:22 Edited at: 4th Jun 2011 13:23
Quote: "And what is the reason for using water in the below screen"

That's due to the broken water pipe, water is pouring out of it (since the screen's quite dark, it's probably not that clearly visible depending on the monitor settings).

Quote: "so I can spend some time redoing things"

...and don't forget to invest in an external hdd.

-Doomster

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, Payam, lets wait your game is as good as this if you think you are so good at giving critics.

i think its good the way it is, SGJB is a great designer

Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That's due to the broken water pipe, water is pouring out of it"

I see it right now.Because it was to dark I couldn't seen it before.
I made kind of this mistake twice today and I think I wasn't okay today.
Quote: "Ok, Payam, lets wait your game is as good as this if you think you are so good at giving critics."

SGJB just do better that lots of the users but he can improve himself to become even better.
For example I said some problems in WWC game from Bugsy and he just started his "The Rapture"game better that WWC,I don't know if I was the only reason or even a reason for him to start another game and he said he is doing Rapture for improving himself in designing but he will come back to WWC again.
I am just trying to help the community by telling people to work better and do something special and don't just make normal things.
For example if you see "Legendary"is a game made with Unreal technology and it's quality and gameplay is not bad but gamespot scored it 3.5 but it is better than every game made with FPSC until now just because it doesn't have any new things.
If anyone add new things and made the player to think about the game and don't only finish it by walking and shooting then it can become very memorable.
I don't know if I could help but I try.

And after some days I won't come for about a month but when I come back I show you some special thing about my game.So be ready for an evolution in my game and I hope I see a very large evolution in every FPSC's game like Crime.

As SGBJ said he lost all of his files then I didn't try to find small problems and said a general thing(I can't see anything special) and a question about that water.

@SGBJ,
I thing you have the ability to make a better game.
Just try working on shaders specially tangent basis ones and Bump ones(like Bump_cube_reflect_alpha)this will gives you a better quality result and try using lots triggers which will surprise the player.
And always remember to make a backup of your files.
I have a 250GB external HDD only for important files(250 is enough for important ones) and it is always in a safe place.

Thank you for reading this long message.

Have our guns was a mistake!!!

I am PaYaM
SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2011 02:11
@DarkJames & Doomster

Thanks guys

@Have our guns

Thanks I did realize that certain areas needed to be improved and a lot of the old screens have been made redundant due to new shaders being available.
But now I have the ability to start over again I intend to improve at the moment I have made off to a good start and intend to take the game into a new direction.

Thanks everyone and I'll keep you informed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 14:22:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 14:22:09