Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Zombies For Brains Demo Is Here!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 01:00 Edited at: 25th Jun 2010 06:00
Game name: Zombies For Brains
Developer: Me
Version of Fps Creator: X9

Description:This is level 1 and 2 of my game. After the infection 6 months ago you are sick of waiting for survivors to find you so you go out in search raiding buildings for a sign of life.

You Tube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz6hKq-jvqQ

Download: http://www.filefront.com/16848233/ZFBfullDEMO.rar

Let me know what you think of it so far!
warzenz
Years of Service
User Offline
I forgot to put [X9] in the title sorry
If a mod could do that, that would be greatly appreciated
bman332211
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 02:22 Edited at: 25th Jun 2010 02:23
In the beginning it was way to predictable unless thats what you want. for example every time you open a door there are zombie which takes the scare away. add more entities.but it was pretty good!

Oh and instead of making a dead end for the ending put a fake door.

warzenz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "In the beginning it was way to predictable unless thats what you want. for example every time you open a door there are zombie which takes the scare away. add more entities.but it was pretty good!
"

Yeah i was trying to do that with the trigger zones but i wanted to make sure the player goes through it and a doorway was the only thing i could think of i better start brain storming! And thanks for the feedback much appreciated
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 05:40
Please adhere to the requirements for posting in the WIP Board.

-Keith

warzenz
Years of Service
User Offline
Im sorry mod i just fixed it. If anything else is wrong with it please let me know sorry for wasting your time
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 07:04
You're not wasting my time; I just want your thread to look good!

-Keith

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 11:05
Nice to see this here. Well, you must remember my comment in YouTube for this. The first screen looks good and I will download ASAP. Nice start!

JasonDudley
Years of Service
User Offline
oh i love zombie games gonna try this one

IM THE HORIFIC GAME MAKER
warzenz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Nice to see this here. Well, you must remember my comment in YouTube for this. The first screen looks good and I will download ASAP. Nice start!"

Thanks man and yeah your my go to you tube person Thanks for the suggestions they really help!. And thanks for your time
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 15:05 Edited at: 28th Jun 2010 15:06
Ok......I played the demo 4 times now....but I am afraid I can't give a review.

Firstly it would be a very very very bad one, and secondly this is no demo imo. For me it looks like you tried out a different segment type for each room, changed that a lot and sometimes forgot to "clean up" so towards the end the rooms have several textures. With entities you weren't as experimental so most objects are used repetitiv. Some goes for the outdoor part - building after building cluttered together without any logic behind it just to create a path through.

It's perfectly legal to upload anything that meets the WIP requirements to this board though - but since a review is not appropriate imo, I'll make some suggestions instead.

- Make the trigger zones soundless, it really gives the fun away otherwise.
- Get spawn points further away from the doors so that the zombies dont run against these before the player opens them.
- If you make a room 2 levels high, provide a reason for that or fill the upper level with walkways or pipes p.e.
- Only makes objects dynamic(=movable) if they are supposed to be moved or destroyed otherwise the're just eating up framrate.
- If you use ruined buildings you have to use debris also. And if you place debris you have to provide a source for it.
- Get ambience lighting down and take your time experimenting with placing lights. It's not about dark corners but about making rooms and objects appear more 3-dimensional that way especially for outside ares.

And finally: Check the community guide and the tutorials available (you'll find with the search function).

And don't get me wrong, I appreciate that you uploaded what you have made so far. And I am looking forward to your next level.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
warzenz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks story teller yeah its my first game i made without any lag so i was pretty proud of myself haha i am trying to learn the ropes i appreciate you checking it out and taking the time to write a review to help me it was very nice of you and i appreciate it.

i will try learning some more tutorials i looked at a lighting one but i dont have the pack for the theater that they used
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2010 01:12
Quote: "i will try learning some more tutorials i looked at a lighting one but i dont have the pack for the theater that they used"

If that means experimenting with shaders...personally I would first tackle the easier stuff

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:58:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:58:54