Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Solace: A Bright New Future

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 05:07 Edited at: 30th Aug 2010 05:07

The Solace Project brought to you by: Killbox

Solace Industries provides you with some photos of an area of The Solace Project that are still in development:

warsow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 05:09
i love the presentation, but your rooms look a little bit empty,.

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to 600 x 120.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 05:16 Edited at: 30th Aug 2010 14:50
For those of you who are confused, I will provide a little bit more information. Solace is in development but is now taking a different direction. It will be a story-driven scifi FPS game. I do not want to give too much away but here is a brief description: The Solace Project was created by Solace Industries as a way of post-Earth living. It is essentially a collection of ships that were launched into space during the apacolypse. The main goal was to have as many people as possible survive and live in these ships until another planet with a survivable climate is discovered.

Expect an interesting game with a great story, (hopefully) some cool features and a lot of custom media.

EDIT: Sorry about the empty screen shots, the level designs are still an early WIP.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 17:48
You should rise your light quality, as now there are huge seams between the segmetns.

And I like the robot there. It looks maby a tad empty, but I dont' know if you were going for that look. The segments look good, but maby it would be better if it had a bottom and a top part. Not sure, but what do you lose if you try?

Heroefol
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 19:05
Quote: "but your rooms look a little bit empty,."

I dont know about that. Does every single room have to be filled with entities? That's a "common" thing to say these days i suppose.. I think it's nice and simple .
I love the retexture. Reminds me of an old game around here "S.M.I.L.E industries" or somewhatlikethat.. may be only the smiley
Looking forward.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 21:07
I like the design, but the bloom is too intense, there's seams on the segments, and it seems too empty...

Unless you're going for a sterile/abandoned look...

FPSCGames
User Banned
Posted: 30th Aug 2010 21:40
Wow this game is Looking Very good I Really Can;t wait for it Great job!!!

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 00:18
turn lightmapquality up past "5" and this will go away.

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2010 05:22
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I have realized that the screen shots shown are quite empty, but I intended for those just to show off the robot model and to make sure this thread isn't locked. I am going to get some real shots of the game as soon as possible.

Quote: "Reminds me of an old game around here "S.M.I.L.E industries""
It was partly the inspiration for how this was presented, so I am glad I managed to achieve the likeness.

Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2010 01:37
Looks nice, so what's the story gunna be like?

Does it sound like i'm ordering a pizza!!??
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2010 03:07
Wow, Drapes. Haven't seen you around for a long time. And it will be revealed later. Read the third post in this thread for some more info though.

DJ Almix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2010 03:19
Really UP the lightmapping quality, which I'm sure someone has already said and add some more entities

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2010 19:14
textures are nice, nice custom media, a bit empty, but REALLY set the light mapping quality to at least 30, but overall, very nice

good frame rates matter...
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2010 04:01
Quote: "textures are nice, nice custom media, a bit empty, but REALLY set the light mapping quality to at least 30, but overall, very nice"
Yeah, those were just some test shots so I agree with what you're saying. The actual game shots will look better.

Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2010 12:33
darimc-is your light mapping set to full? cos if it is i get that problem with the seam's between seg's,just set it to quick light mapping and they should go away but if they dont just run the cleaner

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2010 15:37
Quote: "darimc-is your light mapping set to full? cos if it is i get that problem with the seam's between seg's,just set it to quick light mapping and they should go away but if they dont just run the cleaner"

Or rise up the lighting quality... that worked for me...

Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2010 15:56
Metal Devil123 -There shouldn't be any seam's in the first place though?what if he wants a dark level?

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2010 16:48
Quote: "Metal Devil123 -There shouldn't be any seam's in the first place though?what if he wants a dark level?"

Why can't you do a dark level with a high lighting QUALITY? Meaning the lighting looks nice, and there is shadows and all that stuff.

Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2010 21:06
I think we got our wires crossed? when i use high quality light mapping it causes those horrible looking seams but when i use quick light mapping they go away,i think we may not be on the same page? im talking about the menu where you can also turn the shaders on or off and i think you are talking about the actual lightbulb thingy? take it easy dev

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2010 21:19
That's because you need to go to setup.ini and change the lightmapquality to 50 or higher. Then open FPSC, test the level and see the difference.

I'd love to see things from your point of view but I can't get my head that far up my bum.
Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2010 21:54 Edited at: 16th Sep 2010 21:56
I did not know that,thanks mr potato turd thingy,just kidding,cheers

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2010 17:35
It seems Aaagreen already said it clearer... so yeah, that's what I was talking about. I don'tknow about quick lightmapping or so, I don't know wich one I use... I almost never open prefrences.

But on topic, is there any updates on this? I also get S.M.I.L.E in mind when looking at this, lol...

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2010 22:34
You guys, please stop the argument on this thread. I understand that the light quality is not turned up in those shots, but I have mentioned numerous times that those are not shots from the actual game, just some test shots. I know how to change the light quality, which is evident from my other games. Either way, thank you for the suggestions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:21:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:21:51