Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Black figure offset to object i didnt ask for.. help !!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
okay i just started of using dark basik like 2 weeks ago and have been modeling a lot in Blender 2.49 (i know it is 2.4 something ^^)

and finaly loaded it in to the game code and well here is the problem
a black figure shows op on top of the model i just loaded in and is off set a bit out and up

i have no idea what went wrong i using the LOAD OBJECK command and simpel camera control nothing more

eny one tryed this before?

plz some one help me with this problem it totaly yams my prograss

thx in adwance
nitrohaze
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Vincent

Having a bit of a problem visualising what you mean, would you be able to post a screen shot?
Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
well ofcouse, sorry, here u go it is all the black shadow loooking mesh i wanna get rid of

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
hey every one reading this

i found the anser to my problem and thought i whud share it with envry one needing

i apeard that the Black Figrure thingy was a limb i didn't know the object had from when i loaded it.

so the leason learn today is:

1. Check ur limbs
2. Clean ur object for stuff not needed

if it hels eny one here is the code there salwed my problem

hope it helps

by the way im still learnig so dont be hard on me
and thax to nitro for ur fast respond to my troble
nitrohaze
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Vincent,

Glad you sorted it

Kindest Regards
Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
and thank ur for your respond my friend ^^
Vincent Van Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Btw do u know how to affset a rotation like .... the earth rotation around the sun ?

with out that im pretty screwed and i cant really find eny good leads on it or am i just looking the wrong places ?

a big thx to eny leads giving
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2010 16:58 Edited at: 11th Dec 2010 17:05
Sun orbit? Fairly easy when you know how, unless you want a real orbit and not just circular. Two ways, maths or smoke and mirrors, both work pretty much the same. Easiest way to explain is method 2 smoke and mirrors lol. Position your planet at the same co-ords as your sun. Yrotate it. Then move it back away from the center. Do all this in one cycle so you never see the object doing its stuff. Having it do that each loop basically makes it rotate around the target object at whatever distance you move the object away.

I have literally just typed that straight in here so it may not work. Looks ok off top of my head though.

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2010 18:08
Why didn't you listen to the other people in the other thread about offsetting the rotation point by offsetting limb 0 of the object? Here is an example:

And for real orbital rotation (ovals), you use cos() and sin() functions:

TheComet

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:31:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:31:09