Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Nearing the end of my tether - Simple object collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm making a game for an assignment, having received zero tuition from the lecturer.

The concept is simple. Two cars, one ball.

I've used TDK guide for object slide on the ball and it works great. Not so much for the two vehicles or pitch walls.

All I need is to detect collision between the two vehicles and the pitch walls.

I'm attempting to use sparky's collision and failing superbly.

Setting up my object

In the main Do Loop I call the control and collision function

Initially I'm simply trying to detect if object 6 collides with any other objects. But nothing.

I'm loosing my mind here.
Mk II
Years of Service
User Offline
After hours of hair pulling I've got Sparky's slide code to work, from examining the demos provided.

My code. I set the pitch walls and vehicles to group 1. Not sure what Collision_Type does, but 2 seemed to work best.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2010 16:09
Collision type is whether to use a "Sphere", "Box" or "Per polygon" collision. Sphere and box are faster for simple objects.

Take a look at the help files in your DBP instalation folder it'll save you some head scratching...

Is this a car football game then?

I did a game like that a while back (Still not 100% finished) but it uses Dark Physics here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=170702&b=8&p=0

Maybe it'll give you some ideas?

Mk II
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeh lol, I thought making an arcade game like this would be the most fun for people to play, as opposed to making an incredibly mediocre FPS.

Dark Physics would have been very nice to have.

I actually come across your game a while after I'd started making mine. It looks good and more importantly very fun to play.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2010 10:21
Thanks. I guess the main reason I haven't finished it yet is that I have to test it on my own. Not very often I have someone willing/able to play a two player with me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:23:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:23:57