Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Dark Basic Errors? FUSTRATION!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2011 23:44
Well I am new to dark basic and a few things are making me mad about it.

When I close a project it auto saves and I lost a big project from it!

The other is I get a syntax error says "UNDEFINED PASER ERROR". It makes me mad to because it wont go away and its coming from the REM date, project name etc.

Please help me as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Gorlock S.

Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2011 01:16
Getting mad doesn't really help. You're best just to keep your cool and search these forums for other users with similar problems.

What version of the software are you using?
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2011 01:25 Edited at: 5th Jan 2011 01:27
Yeah but getting mad cools me down... But IDK what version I have... I just downloaded it from the website. I don't know if they have an updated version but let me check.

Edit: I have to most up to date version

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2011 13:44
Quote: "When I close a project it auto saves and I lost a big project from it!"

The IDE works in a standard Windows manner to my knowledge. I have no experience of the standard IDE 'autosaving' and can't even find it as an option. Did you compile a project after deleting a lot of code? It can be set to autosave on compile...

I never lost any code that way.

Quote: "The other is I get a syntax error says "UNDEFINED PASER ERROR". It makes me mad to because it wont go away and its coming from the REM date, project name etc."

Could you post the code that causes this error?

It often helps resolve issues like this if you can post the code (try to use the code button in the forum post box: press once it will give you [code.] without the dot and after pasting in your code press it again to get [/code.] again without the dot). The result will look like this:

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2011 14:24
I did compile it but I dont know how to save it. It wasn't a recent compile but I can get most of them back.

Sadly I cannot get the code but UNCLE SAM said the PASER ERROR is a dumb thing. He said to keep compiling&run, or the save and reload. Which it works most of the time.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2011 14:40
Start by creating a new project. Write a basic bit of code like:

Then select File->Save All.

That's all you should need to do to have a brand new project in the project folder.

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2011 23:14
I am sorry that it sounded like I didn't know how to save... I do know but I meant the save like I can SAVE the codes.

SH4773R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2011 07:24
??? What" codes"
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2011 09:35
I'm confused too...

What do you mean?

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2011 14:39
I was making a game but I lost the codes because I was testing something and it didn't work and Ctrl wasn't working so I just exited out and went back in but it auto saved the new codes and I lost all of the old ones. Now it just gives me a parser error half the time. There is nothing wrong it just says there is. I had build a compile but I don't know if there is a way to get that into DBP.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2011 15:02
I understand that English is not your native language but I really don't fully understand what you are trying to say.

If Ctrl was not working why not just use "File->Save All" like I suggested? It's standard practice to use menus. Which editor are you using as the default editor does not autosave unless you compile?

You might be getting a parser error for any number of reasons. I have two suggestions to help:
1-Post the error
2-Post the code

Quote: "There is nothing wrong it just says there is"

Let us see the code and error and we'll see about that...

Quote: "I had build a compile but I don't know if there is a way to get that into DBP"

There might be but I am not aware of it.

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2011 06:50
*sigh*

English is my native language. I already said I don't want to save the PROJECT because I know how to do that... I want to recover the codes that I have made because I had a most recent compile but I don't know how to get that into DBP. I had it going good but an object wasn't appearing so I got rid of things to test and it wouldn't work and CTRL "Z" was not working so I closed DBP and re-loaded the project which it auto saved.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2011 10:11
Quote: "English is my native language"

Sorry, didn't seem that way. No offense intended.

OK I think I understand now. You are saying you want to de-compile an executable? If so then I can't help. I don't even know if there is a way of doing that. TGC might know a way but I would put it down to a learning experience.

Under the Edit menu there is an Undo option, Ctrl Z is not the only way in ANY program I have ever used.

Maybe someone else can help?

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2011 14:30
none taken...

You hit the bulls eye!
I had tried all of the ways I know in programs to edit undo but they weren't working. The PARSES ERROR was only temporary. You just need to reload and it won't happen.

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Synergy( which is now the default editor of course ) saves the source code on compile, so you'll have to disable that.

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2011 07:13
darn! Looks like I am coding from scratch...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:24:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:24:06