Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9]Shavra - {Dead Frequency}

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2011 02:04

Hi!

This project is a test and practice game. I started it to improve my modeling skills while developing it. (the focus is on 7 Weapons that will be made for this project.)

Development will be fast and I aim to complete it within next month.
None of my other projects are in any way cancelled as this is more like "schoolclasses" to improve "children of dagon".

Story

In the center of a gray and desolated city is the C-Tower. A giant antenna used to control the population
of the city (New Brughes) via subliminal extremely low frequency waves. (this was long ago, and the Time fraction uses other mindcontrol devices nowadays in its megacities...this will be described in another game.)
The war escalated and the city's chancellor ordered to use higher doses on the population to keep them apathic
and from joining the freedom fraction that had a huge lobby in the underground and suburban areas. This accidentally resulted in severe organic failure (immediate death) or insanity. The time fraction quickly manufactured various other E.L.F. devices and used them as a new secret weapon against the growing resistance forces. Their own men have been vaccined against these waves. Small nanomachines that neutralize the unhearable waves in their body.

Soon after the total extermination of the cities population the C-Tower has been turned off.
The citie decayed and became a huge black silhouette in the middle of shavras dead deserts. A memorial of oblivion. (that one was kinda poetic, wasn't it? )
42 years later:
The tower started working again, spreading deadly waves of E.L.F. through the desert that reached few Freedom shelter's. Headaches and hallucinations where the immediate result.
Over his girlfriends numerous objections, a man rises in the dead of night: he's a Deconverted, a former member of the time fractions elite forces, one of a handful who have turned against their leaders and joined freedom. That night, he and 2 other Deconverts: an ex-time Engineer, cynical and coldblooded woman with greenish haircolor and a quiet, emotionally unstable sniper have been assigned to penetrate the citie through the huge sewage system. In the deserted citie they get attacked by a much higher enemie force than they expected . As they draw near, the rules seem to change and they face a crisis.

Features

-* A scary and intense soundtrack recorded by me using guitar and synchronizer

-* Vertical gameplay featuring low gravity zones and tactical gunfights. (as far as I can go with FPSC in the time given)

-* Slightly surreal visuals merging dystopic science fiction with steampunk'ish vintage elements.

-* Improved leveldesign and improvised special effects.

Screenshots

I was working on this for a while now, but I held myself back to not flood the thread with tons of screenshots.

Enemies will be added as soon as all the new guns are done.

Development on the weapons can be seen here

For older Work in the "Shavra" universe, go here:

Shavra - The Escape from Reaper Harbour (old efx version)

A lot of the old storyline is no longer relevant.

Sequel (work in progress //discontinued)

Thats it for now, if you want to know about news on my projects, as soon as it happens, you can follow me on Twitter @Serygala

-Wolf

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
Twitter: @Serygala
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2011 03:30
Every last detail of this game, polished to a tee, especially the level design. nothing left stock. retextures, shaders, this is what we call quality. wolf, you're truly a designer who doesn't skimp anywhere.

I can't complain about much. I only hope that the gameplay is as good as the graphics, and I might suggest taking on a few other theme colours other than the classic grimy green, gunmetal grey, and dystopia brown. give some reds and blues a try.

imageflock.com/img/1303928322.png[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2011 04:06
What can I say? Apart from WOW!!

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2011 07:39
Nice grungy look, like the run-down vaults in fallout. Looks really promising.

[url="http://raptr.com/No_Turn_Right?src=em_forum"][/url]
Modern Vision Company
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2011 08:54
Looks nice! I like design of levels. I hope you end this soon
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2011 09:47
Wow! I remember seeing some screen shots of this in the gallery.
It looks amazing! I love how you reused stock but made it look totally different.
You are making the soundtrack, that sound exciting!

Mental Stability is over-rated!
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2011 16:39
Why do you have to be so awesome?

Looks good,perfect just one thing: the 3rd screenshot from behind,those parts aren't grungy so they don't really fit. Might be just me.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2011 18:03
I LOVE THE LOOKS! You made the stock guns look awesome! And inspired me to do some retextures on them too. I especially love what you did with the tavor. And I love your creative ways of using the entities, like the stock scifi storageB thing on the wall. I believe that it's that thing, as it looks alot like it. I'm ofcourse talking about the second screen. And the stairs in the first screen look dangerous. Altho that's the problem with all the stock stairs, they all are dangerous as they have no railing, does anyone have a clue how many players hurt themselves falling off all the staircases with no railing!?

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2011 18:42
You are amazing!

I really love the dead space look you've got going on in there! But the only thing that I don't really like though is that the octagon corridor you've got needs to look like the concrete you've got in the rest of the screenshots, maybe you could retexture it so that it matches. But nevertheless it is still beautiful!
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2011 20:28
Shavra is by far my favourite series of yours, can't wait for this one now

PWP-Media has been taken down due to a name conflict. The new website will be up shortly.
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Really nice!

Expecting a demo soon

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2011 00:34
I would realy like to have that fullscreen shader!

Srry about my english im from sweeden
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2011 19:17
ahh good old wolf leaves no room for others.lol. fpsc engine and you magic development is just a perfect mix. you have prove that fpsc can do a lot when it comes to graphics. the maker of rage can sure use your magic texturing.I remember this shader you put it yo some good use. great looking game so far.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2011 04:01 Edited at: 30th May 2011 04:02
Thanks for the supportive Feedback guys!
I hope I won't dissappoint you guys with the final product.
I can say already that it won't have any menue system, multiple choice conversations or other stuff like this. It will be kept a little simple.

@Bugsy:
Quote: "Every last detail of this game, polished to a tee, especially the level design. nothing left stock. retextures, shaders, this is what we call quality. wolf, you're truly a designer who doesn't skimp anywhere."

Thank you! That...I don't know what to type here except "thanks"
Quote: "
I only hope that the gameplay is as good as the graphics, and I might suggest taking on a few other theme colours other than the classic grimy green, gunmetal grey, and dystopia brown. give some reds and blues a try."

Oh! I sure hope you'll like the gameplay It has a lot of jumping and flanking involved. You have an interesting way of naming colors...kind of like those acryl colors I once bought in some wierd toyshop. The game has a sepia styled colorpallette. Thats its style, but it will get more color variations! thats a promise!!

@Ched80: Thanks! I enjoy it when people compare my games to big company productions...and there is definately no giant ego involved here

@Uzi Idiot: I didn't plan to make a WIP Thread at first
So I wanted to leak some media the ninja way

@Charger Bandit:
Quote: "Why do you have to be so awesome?"
Because I'm Batman

Thanks
Quote: "
Looks good,perfect just one thing: the 3rd screenshot from behind,those parts aren't grungy so they don't really fit. Might be just me."

The one with the greenlight? I edited the texture to fit though.

@MetalDevil123: thank you! I had to redo the tavor texture 3 times to fit the look of the other weapons. I'm glad you like it!

@Hamburger
Quote: "I really love the dead space look you've got going on in there! But the only thing that I don't really like though is that the octagon corridor you've got needs to look like the concrete you've got in the rest of the screenshots, maybe you could retexture it so that it matches. But nevertheless it is still beautiful! "

Thank you! You must know that the game aims to blend vintage and scifi designs together, thats why I didn't replace the wooden parts with metal or concrete. Some people might not like this. The game has a whole bunch of unusual things that you can see later.

@PW Productions:
Quote: "Shavra is by far my favourite series of yours, can't wait for this one now "

Thank you! There will be probably more games like this in future...depends on the response on the internet. I hope I can drive Euthanasia in the shadows with this. Never aimed to become that "famous" with a wierd horror shooter

@DarkJames:
Quote: " Expecting a demo soon "

thats most likely not going to happen. I don't like demos.

@TheZoq2: Here it is

Please note that I would prefer you not to use the same settings as I do I can't command that, but it would be cool

@michael x:

Quote: "fpsc engine and you magic development is just a perfect mix. you have prove that fpsc can do a lot when it comes to graphics."

Thank you! How did you find out that its magic? THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SECRET!!! Man...I'm so funny today -.-

I just wish more people would see it that way... I'm fed up with discussions about "graphics are bad in FPSCreator, lol! only fpsc x10 is better because everything looks more like a rela gam on Xbox". (yeah! I really HAD conversations like this)

Quote: "the maker of rage can sure use your magic texturing."

Maybe they trade for some magic model and animating knowledge No...I'm sure they know exactly what I do to make the textures look like this

Thanks for the input!

-Wolf

Twitter: @Serygala
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2011 05:12
Outstanding work!..... again.
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2011 15:20
Quote: "test and practice game"

Just noticed this in the OP even though I've already commented!

As if you need to practice wolf!! Your level designing skills are probably already the best on these forums!!!!

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2011 15:50
You know, I could just be a lazy bastard and not reply here, because it might seem like a waste to remind you how awesome this is looking. You probably know that very well by now, given the positive response.

But, I'm not gonna be a lazy bastard, so I'll say that this looks excellent. The geometry is great, the lighting is terrific, very moody whilst not eliminating any immersion. You've managed to build a world that is still compressed in a way that FPSC likes it, but conveys a sense of depth that makes it all feel like a part of a greater, bigger universe.

One thing that I'd like to see more of though, is a bit more variety in color. Right now you have a good variety between cool and warm light colors, but a bit more color on the surface textures would make it even better. It could be simple things, like strips of warning tape or signs on the walls or such.
One last thing, you've misspelled a few words in your story, like 'city' and 'enemy'.

Other than that, great work!

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2011 21:41 Edited at: 30th May 2011 21:41
Quote: "thats most likely not going to happen. I don't like demos."

That made me crack up

PWP-Media has been taken down due to a name conflict. The new website will be up shortly.
Dr Parsnips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 19:04
Looks amazing as usual! Great stuff.

I know you probably don't need it, but I have some spare time and am currently working on some industrial Sci-fi models in this style (or near enough). If you are interested I would be more than willing to create some assets for this?

All the best,
Alex
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2011 10:48
Looking fantastic mate!!

Abdul Ahad

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2011 13:16
Quote: "You've managed to build a world that is still compressed in a way that FPSC likes it, but conveys a sense of depth that makes it all feel like a part of a greater, bigger universe.
"

Thats... AWESOME Thank you

Quote: "One thing that I'd like to see more of though, is a bit more variety in color. Right now you have a good variety between cool and warm light colors, but a bit more color on the surface textures would make it even better."

The next 2 or 3 levels will be in a water purification area, so there will be a lot of blue and green there.

I plan, however to go with purple and pink in some parts of the C tower...just for fun, it will probably look like a rats anus, but I'll try it.

Quote: "One last thing, you've misspelled a few words in your story, like 'city' and 'enemy'."

Thank you! I fixed it.

Quote: "I know you probably don't need it, but I have some spare time and am currently working on some industrial Sci-fi models in this style (or near enough). If you are interested I would be more than willing to create some assets for this?"

That would be cool! I would like to have some more models in this game, if you don't mind sending them

Thanks for the supportive comments guys!

-Wolf

Twitter:@Serygala http://serygalacaffeine.blogspot.com
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice Wolf, good use of textures too. All the best.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 19:28
Thank you Defy!

A small update. Had to do a lot fo wierd stuff and the time to work in FPSC was a bit short.

Yeah! I got a slight headache and won't explain every picture now. But if anyone has a question, I'd be glad to answer!!

-Wolf

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 19:44
Wow! I love your custom weapons but the hands on some are a bit off.
I really like that Tf341 character retexture!

I really like how this is going!

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 19:49
Quote: "Wow! I love your custom weapons but the hands on some are a bit off."

Not really, it has a small skeleton handle. You can see it in the attached image

Attachments

Login to view attachments
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 20:00
Oh, I didn't see that
stupid me

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
awsome work i cant wait to try the new game out i was not able to play the first shavra because the game would crash when i tried 2 play it !!! ohh how did u gett he white foam above your water? all i have is sewer foam and it doesnt work to well for me but your foam looks great?

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6489/scin1e.jpg
[/img]
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 20:27
Its ground fog. If it would be water, I wouldn't put the paper there as I try to make the game at least a little bit believable.

I think I take it out, now that I think of it, it doesn't look like Fog at all.

Thanks though

-Wolf

Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 22:11
That TF 341 retexture is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet! Epic! Good job man.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 22:22
This is beautiful in a dirty way.

Great stuff all around and I'm anxious to play this.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 22:38
Thank you!

If you like that retexture, here is the female companion from the game:

I actually invented this girls and the basic story of shavra as a kid playing with a stick in the yard. Thats right! I actually ran around with a stick in the yard pretending to fight a faschist government on another planet. But if you are 12, no one cares about that or tapes it for youtube...wait, what am I doing.

Ah yes!

Thanks, Josh! I like it dirty

-Wolf

Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 22:42
*drool* You never cease to amaze.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2011 23:09
Thank you!!

-Wolf

ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2011 01:05
Very nice work Wolf!

ThoughtWire Software -

www.thoughtwire.co.uk
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2011 07:10
Hey Wolf! Lovely screens!

By the way could you send me a list of the fixes that are needed, I forgot what needed to get fixed!

Abdul Ahad

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2011 08:19
=) I love it!

da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2011 13:07
Holy hell, that was epic!
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2011 15:30
Quote: "But if you are 12, no one cares about that "

Learned the hard way that people will look at you weardly if you do it when you're alot older... *sigh*
[/joke]

as it has been said already, your TF retextures look outstanding! I love the female character's retexture, her eyes look really cool, atlho it looks like she's some snake woman or some alien in disguise or something They look somehow unnatural to me.
Guns and everything else look REALLY good. 193756 thumbs up!

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
@ wolf i didnt even pay attention to the papper lmao i saw the fog fx and thoose awsome screenshots i got excited to play shavra!! lol i thought it was awsome may i ask how u created the ground fog? the fog actually looks good i just didnt pay close attention to the screenshot untill after i posted and really looked at them!!

[/img]
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2011 14:28
Thanks people! Feedback like this keeps me going!!

Quote: "her eyes look really cool, atlho it looks like she's some snake woman or some alien in disguise or something They look somehow unnatural to me."

Well, they even glow in the dark She was, as mentioned above an engineer for the fascists and came into direct contact with "jiwa", the energiesource that flows through the planet's core and is very important in future Shavra episodes.

Quote: "ol i thought it was awsome may i ask how u created the ground fog?"

Yes! its a semitransparent plane with a fog texture I write more about it later.

-Wolf

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 02:19
@Abdul Ahad: few minor tweaks...I shall contact you in MSN these days

@sic1ne: Hey! I write a tutorial about groundfog, okay? Give me a few days to post that.

Here is another update on this. I had some fun with it this evening, so do not expect anything awesome.

The star of these shots (second floor of the water purification facility) is the Anathol SMG. Kindly rigged by Abdul Ahad.

The last image shows the skybox thing.

And here are some minor tweaks I made on the EAI Taskforce 341 chars to make them suit the setting.

-Wolf

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 06:21
just awesome. you are taking fpsc to a all new level of graphics.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
@ wolf thanks i cant wait to play shavra this game looks amazing. each screen shot you post blows my mind keep up the solid work. and thanks for takin the time out to make a tutorial on fog it is much appreciated!!!

[/img]
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 17:45
Those sceenshots look great. That new skybox is excellent!

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 18:19
Outstanding work on the characters!

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 19:53
Awesome job Wolf! when can we see a beta? love to play your games.

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 20:18
Looks great, although I don't like how the left hand is holding the gun in those pictures. Looks a bit flat and stiff.

Other than that, great job.
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 23:08
EPIC, especially the white one.

da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2011 13:17
That's beautiful!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2011 21:38
Thanks!! You guys just rock!

...but fear not to be a little more critical

Quote: "and thanks for takin the time out to make a tutorial on fog it is much appreciated!!!"

I'm writing a series of these now, but lightmapping is first (on popular request, I might add)

Quote: "Looks great, although I don't like how the left hand is holding the gun in those pictures. Looks a bit flat and stiff."

Hmm...I don't think so. I actually like the stock animations But that might be just me. I can't change anything on it as I can't yet animate.

This is blasphemy, this is madness! ....Madness? This is Work In Progress:

I know, I know...the new 1.18 Water looks better and has real reflections...but the selfmade crap is always the best crap!

New additions are a cute little shellsound after firing a gun and some gearrattling while reloading. I showcased the lovely little (cheap) effect when shooting the water

There is not much new leveldesign to show, so this will do until next update.

I would have uploaded the Flamethrower to my 3d Chat Thread, but I already have it there, and its not the right place for unfinished business

So, comments are much appreciated folks! Keep em rolling

-Wolf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 08:38:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 08:38:31