Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / FPS-Craft | MineCraft in FPS Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2011 10:02 Edited at: 27th Jun 2011 13:18
[center]
Hello TGC Forums,

Today I bring you a early W.I.P Video of a project I like to call , FPS-Craft. It is going to be a lot harder than I thought so this will clearly take a while, But until then please enjoy this W.I.P Video.
The first 10 seconds or so are early ideas to create a minecraft effect. I used a fullscreen shader to pixelate EVERYTHING.

Obviously that wasn't working so I pixelated the textures and
Woooooooooooow!
It came out great.

Video below :

Screenie:

Have a good day community!

FPS-Craft | MineCraft in FPSC [url]forum.thegamecreators.comy/?m=forum_view&t=186057&b=25&p=0[/url]
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2011 13:42
You need to post a screenshot or this will be locked.
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2011 13:45
Ditto.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Come on down to my site at Unleashed FPSCreators
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2011 23:15 Edited at: 17th Jun 2011 23:29
Here you go to keep you post open.

Edit:
Here is an image you can use for your next pics if you want.

Video:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2011 23:24 Edited at: 17th Jun 2011 23:37
It has to be in the intitial post or it will be locked. Take a look here for the rules in words. Look here for a visual example. Also, the title of the thread needs to have a [x9] or [x10] in the title. (Ask a mod to help you change it )

This sounds like a great game by the way!

Cheers.

EDIT:
That's a nice video.
Are those all segments or entities? Just wondering because for lag... how could it not lag without a great pc? I don't know who to ask since both of you guys seem to be a part of it.

God help me, Please.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
To help you edit you first post for those concerned, use these code snippets.

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2011 23:40 Edited at: 17th Jun 2011 23:42
@starmid 001
I just didn't want this thread to be locked because I think it could be great (especially if VaMpIr3 uses FPSC IP v4.0).

I don't mean to sound like I'm Keith or something, if it comes off that way.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

VaMpIr3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 01:37
Thank you starmind my logo was horrible xD,
And thanks for the screenie.
I figured if I put a video a screenie wouldn't be necessary.
@2Beastmode4u
They are segments, I am working on more of them so the world can be more full. I am working on weapons like the sword and I can model the cube but have no idea how I would make it place more and if you right click it destroys the thing =/
And I will try to get FPSC IP V4.0 but I might hold out and wait for ProjectPHP =P. I am sure FPSC IP V4.0 Is good, But I barely have any money =/

[url]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=186047&b=24[/url]
Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd be concerned with the techincal elements of a project like this in FPSC, but it looks very promising! Good work and good luck! I love how you pixelated everything
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 06:22 Edited at: 18th Jun 2011 06:22
Would something like this help you? I sat down and thought this might be useful. What I did is made the mesh in blender and uv mapped the mesh to fit the minecraft uvs, so that you can use any of the free ones out there.
If you like it I could do some stuff for you, just shoot me an email and we can talk about what you need.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
VaMpIr3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 09:39
@Gunbarrelguru
Well I thought about this, Then I thought about , Why not try?
So I went ahead and went through a 2 series test. 1st series:
Getting the minecraft look:
I first tried using a full screen shader, Which well..Seemed like a good idea at the time. I did a lot of editing and what I showed in the youtube video was as much as I could change the shader for some reason. It did not want to be pushed further, Even if I set the max pixels to 10k and min 10k. That would've altered the quality a lot from max pixels 100 and min 50, Wouldn't cha think?
So I scrapped that idea, And then I thought, Why not pixelate everything. Well that worked out way better as you can see.
A new idea formed in my mind while playing MineCraft, or at least a C++ remake I am also working on, (I am a very busy person :3),
I gotta add torches so the player can make lighting in dim lit areas. Thanks to Waspmod V2 and the new addlighttoentity thing, I can give that a shot.

@starmind 001
Sorry for not as big a response,
But I'll be sure to email you. That look's very useful. =)

FPS-Craft | MineCraft in FPSC [url]forum.thegamecreators.comy/?m=forum_view&t=186057&b=25&p=0[/url]
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 15:24
I don't want to be a downer but how are you going to make it where the player can build anything anywhere? The only thing that I can think of is to have everything everywhere but set to not to spawn at start then it could be possible...

Cheer.

God help me, Please.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 17:16 Edited at: 18th Jun 2011 17:17
Minecraft is not about running around in a pixelish landscape - it's about

- being able to destroy every single square
- get ressources according to the square destroyed and collect them in an inventory
- build new squares or items with these ressources

Frankly I cannot imagine how you will achieve any of the above 3, let alone all of them together without writing your own mod.

However, good luck with a revolutionary project like this one - and I hope your PC is OK

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I think that there is a chance that this will be done, but I think it will need to be done like Rolfy did his lastest game. Alot of hit boxes, but I don't think that it has to be exactly the same as the original. I think there are some mods like PB, but the RPG mod would make it simple to set most of it up and you could ask the creator to add some lines of code to make it all possible. I know it would be very possible in db, it would be just the needed code to make it work properly.

Quote: "@starmind 001
Sorry for not as big a response,
But I'll be sure to email you. That look's very useful. =)
"

I found something last night that would make you game easier to make.

Shadowdeath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 18:10
Is this v1.18 or using PB or a mod?

[href]tophatforums.info[/href] - For all your project and gaming needs
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 18:22 Edited at: 18th Jun 2011 18:24
It probably isn't wise to link your Youtube channel to these boards so long as you have those videos on your channel explaining how to get the map packs for Black Ops for free, and links to torrent sites for Duke Nukem, etc.

Kravenwolf

VaMpIr3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2011 23:37 Edited at: 19th Jun 2011 03:16
@Kravenwolf
I share the account with a friend. He's a :/ If it makes you feel better, I can remove the videos. The worst thing I'd do is probably "hack" in a game like CS:S or CoD. I buy my map packs =P

EDIT:
Videos deleted.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Just playing around last night and thought you might like this. I ound a blender rig for minecraft that would be easy to port over to fpsc. Enjoy and I will stop spamming your thread now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ApZznfr8co

VaMpIr3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2011 00:57
@starmind 001
I don't mind at all,
Hey I'm probably going to make a MSN for my new email, Do you have a MSN or is it the new thing to not have one around here =P Just saying since I don't see many people saying they have MSN now. (I used to lurk )

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2011 18:57
This looks reallt great! Love the pixelated textures!

[url="http://raptr.com/No_Turn_Right?src=em_forum"][/url]
Dark Evenger
Years of Service
User Offline
need to make nolightmap the shadow isn't really good

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2011 18:49 Edited at: 21st Jun 2011 19:18
You've got some competition with EA. They're going to release minecraft for Xbox 360!!!

EA Official Announcement:

Fortresscraft (Minecraft copy already released) (This is not what EA is releasing, this is from a whole different place):

Now, I know that FPSC can't do all of this, but if this happened in FPSC my mind would be blown!

Cheers.

EDIT:

Here is a nice vid. of what Minecraft can do:

God help me, Please.

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 17:02
Gotta love the Yogscast.
Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it's an interesting concept and will certainly keep tabs on this project.

Once Project Blue is updated for 118, I'm sure if you dedicate the time you could build something along the lines of minecraft or use the tools available to your advantage to create something unique in your own game...

Want your games to look professional? Website! - Thread!
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 18:17
I don't now about PB for a game like this... not even PA would seem good for a game like this.
My best guess for the single player I would use RPG Mod and for multiplayer either RPG, FPSCIP, or PHP (when it comes out). Those three mods would be my choice for this type of game.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

VaMpIr3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 05:50
I understand the limits of FPSC and I will try my hardest to make a minecraft style game at the least. I can not make it randomly generate worlds, or destroy in any direction. But I will try to get a way so you can build on the existing world. I will try to make it so when you start out, You can choose a world to play in. It might not be the easiest thing, But I will try.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 16:17
All I can say is this, at least you are TRYING to make something a little different with FPSC.

These are my favourite kinds of games, the ones where people try to think outside of the FPSC box!

I wish you good luck with this, and, although I've never played Minecraft, I'll be following this with interest, just to see what you can come up with

VaMpIr3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 08:52
UPDATE:
My computer has gotten a virus and work on the progress has been put to a halt until further notice.
Sorry for the inconvenience, I have FPSC On the computer I am using right now, But scripts and everything are on my pc that is messed up at the moment. I will try to get this back and going within the coming days.

-Andrew

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 05:18:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 05:18:38