Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Starbuzzz Soccer Club

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2013 02:51 Edited at: 26th Aug 2013 02:55
Yes I'm still here and my project is not dead This week, and really this week, I'll release my Starbuzzz Soccer Club !
Three years to finish and improve it but I'm happy to have finished it ^^

My old post :
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191563&b=8

Starbuzzzz

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Starbuzzzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2013 11:08
A video of the final gameplay. Sorry for the contrast of the picture in the menu :s

Starbuzzzz
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2013 13:42
Great work. I like the way the ball curls and everything. Liking the rain drops as well. The crowd sounds realistic.

Nabz_32x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2013 19:22 Edited at: 26th Aug 2013 22:54
nice soccer style, reminds me of a wastly improved sega championchip soccer on the master System.

Edit:
I will try this out when you release it.

Starbuzzzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2013 01:27 Edited at: 27th Aug 2013 01:27
Thanx guys ^^ Nabz, it's more a new Kick Off version but years ago that's true there was a lot of football simulations with a point of view from the sky

And for an old style football game, i think we need an old style cover

Starbuzzzz

Attachments

Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
You got good sound effects, could really get the feel of this.

Chris Ritchie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2013 18:18
Looks outstanding, really polished. I loved kick off and most of all sensible soccer. Really good to see you got this finished.

Lead programmer ULIDIA
Starbuzzzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2013 18:35
Thanx again ^^
I'm on the documentation I'll give with the Game. It is really finished and i'll be proud to show it this week

Starbuzzzz
Starbuzzzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2013 23:35
Euh... is there someone who will be kind to look at my documentation ? English is not my first language and I don't want to release Instructions that no one will understand :/
I let you read it as a attachment file
Thanx to those who will try to help me with it

Starbuzzzz

Attachments

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2013 01:04
Quote: "And for an old style football game, i think we need an old style cover"

Preferably with less Chelsea on it... lol

Starbuzzzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2013 01:30
lol it's not Chelsea, it'a a modified picture of the bayern

Starbuzzzz
Starbuzzzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2013 02:09
The game is totaly over
What is the best host I can use to download the file ?

Starbuzzzz
Starbuzzzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2013 17:04 Edited at: 28th Aug 2013 18:41
Release of the last WIP complete version tonight

and the FB page of Starbuzzz Soccer Club ^^

https://www.facebook.com/StarbuzzzSoccerClub

Starbuzzzz
Starbuzzzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2013 19:15
And this is the download link !

http://tuxfile.com/djc6z2idg2vo

Please download it and test it : I really need to know is everything is ok. The documentation(written in bad english ^^) is in in a PDF doc
Thanx !

Starbuzzzz
Nabz_32x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2013 21:39 Edited at: 29th Aug 2013 22:18
I had a go on it, I first thought the menue was Buggy and Input was unresponsive, but then I read the readme and played this game with the 360 controler... And it was good

I loved the replays of Close Goal shots, also the game really rewards you for scoring Goals which is really good.
The only issue I could spot was that it displayed Goal kick every time I kicked the ball behind the Goal, even when you have kicked it in the Corner far away from the Goal. But this didn´t diminish the game experience for me.

Another Thing that could be improved is to add a Player select button, for selecting the Player nearest to the ball, the automatic selection the game makes for you, can be confusing sometimes ( it picks the right character without flaws, but sometime it changes back and forth when more of your Players are near the ball)
Edit: I also had Trouble skipping a replay it seems that no button on the controler is assigned for this Action, hower space works, this also was needed to get out of the finished game and I think during half time sometimes. Also just for completeness sake: When you fouled someone it says "Foul by 7 witenesses" I think this means "Foul by 7 witnesses".
Edit2: Also it is possible to turn your Player away from the field when you throw in a ball, this can be very confusing though it could be fixed easily, by keeping the throwing Players angle in a certain area for each side of the field.
Edit3: Found an annoying bug in the menue, when you Chose league and then go on create league, the back button will send you back to the create league Screen, the only escape is hitting alt + F4 then.

The Soundeffect where like they should be in a Soccer game, you get a nice Stadium atmosphere with those.

Oh I also noticed some difficulties when trying to Exchange Players, somehow additional symbols where drawn before the Player Name when selecting a Player to Exchange, tried to select another Player and I just didn´t get how this System works.

Overall I played with Germany against Israel difficulty was 4 ( pretty cheap choice from me, but I am not good at These games, so I wanted to step the game up easy ) and I scored one Goal and won the match! Really gives me that old School Soccer game Feeling when playing it. The Soccer engine in its core seemed to be without flaws and I found myself mashing some Buttons to often, like It happens to me when playing FIFA.

Played it again and had my ass kicked by spain on difficulty 5
But it Looks like I am getting better on this the more I Play it.

Starbuzzzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2013 04:41
Hey ! Thanx a lot for trying it and all your remarks ^^ It's late and I'm just at home, so I will look at what you say in details tomorrow and make some corrections
Thanx again

Starbuzzzz
Starbuzzzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2013 18:36
Hello
First, "goal kick" is the good name to use each time the opposite team kicks the ball behind the goal line :
"LAW 16- Goal Kick
The box located directly in front of the
goal is ca11e1 the goal area. When the
attacking teari last touches the ball before it crosses over the goal line, the defending
team is awarded a goal kick
. A goal kick is taken by
any player on the defending
team. The ball must be played from within th
e half of the goal area
on the side of the
field where the ball went out of play. The op
posing team must remain outside of the
penalty area until the ball completely leaves
the goal area. The goal kick is played
again if the ball does not leave the penalty area, if the ball crosses the goal line
before leaving the penalty area or if the ba
ll is played again by a player from either
team before it leaves the penalty area.
The kicker may not play the ball again until
another player from either team touches th
e ball. A player in the offside position
receiving the ball directly from a goal kick is not offside"
The create league bug menu is fixed ^^
For the automatic control of the player, I must admit I have a manual selection too but according to me it's more difficult to play this when you have to select yourself the player to control :/ But, whatever, I'll let the option in the Team management : anybody will be able to choose automatic or manual selection
For the substitutions, i'll put some comment to help. If you want to try my game again, in the box you select the player to move (a S appears in front of it) and then you move the box to another player and press button 1 again
I've improved this morning the goal keeper : it's more accurate to catch the ball on some kicks and fixed a minor bug in the creation of the schedule
Next WIP (maybe the last I hop) tonight or tomorrow
Thanx again for you comments ^^

Starbuzzzz
Nabz_32x
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry with the Goal Kick, I thought it meant "Torschuss" in German
Which is a Kick in the Goals direction or close to it (a Word to Word translation). So the equivalent to the Goal Kick In Germany would be "Abstoß" .
So it was totally correct and a translation error of mine.
Looking forward to try the next release, maybe i Beat spain this Time.
BTW congratulations on your A I Never Managed to find some Logic holes in them.

Starbuzzzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2013 18:13
In france we say "6 mètres" in this situation ^^
I forgot to say : Witenesses is the name of a player... I've done a random name generator to create all the teams. So, most of the name are... weird :s

Here is the new link to download :

http://tuxfile.com/aslntf6thjmw

In the PDF documentation, I've added some screen captures to explain more the Substitutions. In the Team Management screen, you can choose to Change the player you control by pressing R1 and not automaticaly. Move the Pad left or right to change this option in the Team management menu.

Enjoy ! ^^

Starbuzzzz

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:38:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:38:02