Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [Free] Small segments pack + a little questionnary.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2013 21:09 Edited at: 1st Dec 2013 23:12
Hey all, I've created that "pseudo-poll" to see if i could get potential customers from here.

But since it will be a rather empty and sad thread with only a poll, I've decided to give you a small segment pack as a free sample to use in your projects, in recognition of being really cool people !

First of all
Would you be willing to spend a very small amount of cash ( less than €5 ( euros ) ) for a pack containing about twenty segments, all of them using bond1's shaders ?

If not, why ?

Secondly
Do you like this texturestyle ?
If not the case, then why ?

And last, but not the least
Do you often use shaders ?
The usual tiebreaker question : if you don't, why ?

Full-size picture attached.
Download in second post, enjoy

Excuse my grammar errors, I'm French.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
RelMayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2013 21:13
And the download, enjoy !

Please note that you will need Bond1's tangent basis segment shader in order to make them work correctly.

No shader = no workie.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for this really nice work

1)No, because FPSC Realoaded will come and then it is maybe useless. Also I could do it myself with some more time(which I didn´t have at the moment)

2)Yes, I really like your texture style

3) I am a shader hater Sometimes I get strange results.
Also I not like the shader wet look.

Make this forum to something a little bit better and release more stuff. So we can push the Request/NoobHelp threads aside.
RelMayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2013 10:03
Thank you for your answer

Nobody else have an opinion about this ?

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
I like the segments, but I have no opportunity to use them for my project. Since I can create segments myself, I would not spend money on buying segments.

If you want to sell a segment pack, I personally recommend choosing a topic for it and to give your segments an individual aspect that is related to this topic so people can immediately see what these segments are good for (some additional models in a pack also help, I guess - just segments are always pretty bare).

And I personally use shaders all over the game. They do not affect the performance too drastically and make things look way better.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2013 13:19
Quote: "Would you be willing to spend a very small amount of cash ( less than €5 ( euros ) ) for a pack containing about twenty segments, all of them using bond1's shaders ?

If not, why ?"

Yes if the segments use custom meshes, otherwise I could just make them myslef OR if the textures are very good and of course fit in my project.

(Yours could go a little easier on the specularity though )

Quote: "Do you often use shaders ?
The usual tiebreaker question : if you don't, why ?"

Yes, whenever I get the time I'm working on making Spyra shaderintensive.

I didnt use them before because it was easier and because getting the static entitie shader for FPSC to look decent required a lot of tweaking.

Keep it up!

- Loup

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
"absurdity has become necessity"
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2013 17:23 Edited at: 5th Dec 2013 17:40
RelMayer 1.yes, because i believe in supporting our gaming community. 2.it's a nice pack! thanks for the download. keep up the good work. I hope you have a great day..

Cheers,
Tanya.

I hope all have a Great day!
elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi RelMayer

1. Yes - I also support the community when I can.
2. I agree with Wolf - custom meshes would be cool. I have Firma and a few other FPSC programs that one can use for laying textures onto stock meshes.
3. Yes

Eugene

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 10:39:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 10:39:30