Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Sick sick sick sick sick.... but addictive

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 14:12
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/kaboom.html

I didn't make it, I don't approve of it, but I cn't stop playing it. Just don't say I didn't warn ya
* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 14:17
Killing Children???

That's sick!!

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 14:19
I don't see how anyone can be addictive to that.

[b]Digital Awakening
Game in developement: 3D RPG - The Magic Land
Visit DigAw.com for more info and shots
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 14:24
-I don't see how anyone can be addictive to that.

Some people have no respect for life.(the author not Kang.)

Someone getting addicted to this should remove that stick from up their @#%#^%.

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 14:25
It all depends on what you find offensive...

Good news everybody! I really am THAT good...
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 14:30
-It all depends on what you find offensive

Yeah that's right...Silly me.

I had forgotten how killing women and children wasn't much offensive.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 14:44
Even if you find this game fun it's just the same thing over and over you can't improve your scores.

[b]Digital Awakening
Game in developement: 3D RPG - The Magic Land
Visit DigAw.com for more info and shots
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 15:14
I played it and didn't get any addiction...In fact I almost threw up.

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 16:43
I think the autor should be arrested...

"Never argue with an Idiot, they will always bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
-- Rogue
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 16:50
is that before or after you finnish playing

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Yarbles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 17:30
Killing women and children has a "rich" tradition in video games. Some of the earliest controversy I recall is from Ultima IV (and other Ultimas since have been children killing festivals) and Double Dragon (where beating up women first became mainstream), if anything, it helped the popularity of those games. Take it from the Rock Stars, any press is good press when you want to sell product!

For the most part, the killing women taboo has been smashed. Just look at current games like GTA3 and NOLF2 where killing women is the norm. As a matter of fact, the only place where it's still wrong for a man to harm a woman is the real world!

As for this little "gamelet", it seems to me to be a political statement about the gross mentality of a suicide bomber. Hence, the likeness of Arafat. It's meant to offend and cause controversy, if you see it make the evening news then it will be a resounding success for the author!

The Yellow Jester does not play but gently pulls the strings
And smiles as the puppets dance in the court of the Crimson King.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 17:33
You know what I find offensive?

Ungratefulness.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 17:43
Well if it makes the retarded people happy I guess I'm not against it...

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 20:36
Dude, this was on the old DB forum. It's a small world.

Who wants cake? I've got a little slice of hell for everyone.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 22:56
now why would youpost something like that hmm?
that's sick, not entertaining, and it glorifies terrorists.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 23:02
Agreed.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 00:13
I think maybe the nature of my posting this has gone over some people's heads? I semi agree with Yarbles

I appologize if anyone miss-understood but CALM down people I wasn't claiming it was tasteful, hense the "sick sick sick sick" title !?! Look back at my comment - "I didn't make it, I don't approve of it, but I can't stop playing it. Just don't say I didn't warn ya"

The game is obviously (In my opinion) making a comment on the current state of gaming and the whole entertainment industry and its obsession with glorifying and/or adding hillarity to gore, with the rule seemingly being 'the sicker the better'. It makes similar statements to Itchy and Scratchy and the whole South Park Movie, again which go over the heads of many of the intended targets.

Personally I hate the way good games such as Mario Sunshine and Monkeyball can be ignored by many "hardcore" gamers because their lack of stealing things, raping or brutally dissembowelling people, swearing or sex mean they are simply "kids" games.

I loved early 90's games that contained blood/gore like Doom and Mortal Kombat, but damn maybe its all got a bit out of hand? I mean I bought GTA3 & ViceCity because of the humour and the variety of the gameplay, but some of it is massivley offensive. And whilst I found the whole BMX XXX thing funny, it kinda shows the immaturity of the medium of games once again.

I included the link in the same vain in which it was emailed to me: as a lighthearted poke at the industry, which I hope at least some people who saw it understood.

I meant no offense, and I did warm you

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 00:16
-I appologize if anyone miss-understood but CALM down people I wasn't claiming it was tasteful, hense the "sick sick sick sick" title !?! Look back at my comment - "I didn't make it, I don't approve of it, but I can't stop playing it. Just don't say I didn't warn ya"

What did you expect?

It's not like you posted a link saying how sick some creators are...You even claim it is addictive!

no title can justify that IMO

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 01:20
Its addictive because of the smooth controls, and nice graphics, and potential to try and get a higher score. Admittedly I bored of it within 10mins, but originally I found it playable. Because I took it on the level that I wrote above, I found it ammusing, and assumed that people would iterpret it in the same way.

I personally don't find it offensive because I think it subtlely makes its point whilst being a mildly fun distraction. Its cartoony, not realistic - Its hardly a patch on GTA3, Hitman 2, or most Hollywood action/horror flicks or even Rock/Hip-hop Eg. Eminem, NWA - All of which I personally find offensive in places, but still gain mass market success, and relatively little criticism from the world media.

The only thing I found 'offensive' was the scoring separately for killing of women and children - but to me this counted as a nod to points systems such as raining rewards for killing prostitutes after abusing them in GTA or many other examples I am horrified do not shock people more nowadays.

Either way, if people STILL find the link too offensive or innappropriate I obviously have no qualms about asking for it to be taken down and apologising 100% for my lack of judgement.

That said I would really like to actually start an intelligent debate about this. How far exactly do things have to go to become offensive these days?

Personally I think the most offensive game recently other than those already mentioned is 'America's Army' - on the levels that firstly it encorages actual war, teaches citizens how to use real weapons, glorifies violence and also basically subliminally AND blatantly tries to encorage people to join the Army specifically to kill people in order to achieve goals, without thought of the consequence of human life Annoyingly tho, its a brilliantly playable and beautifully crafted game! Grr

ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
Kangaroo2, it is addictive, and most games involve killing. Terrorists are just soldiers in the army that has less money. Plenty of children die at the hands of so called "good guys. Anyhow bla bla. It's a friggin game. sheesh. In chess you kill the queen with your knight you're killing a woman and... Ok enough outa me.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 14:38
Thanks ZomB I agree with you, games are entertainment after all. My point is just HOW violent or HOW sick do games have to be b4 every1 gets on their high horse like they seem to be here.

Like I said personally I don't find it offensive. I DO find GTA3 offensive, but I still play it because its original and humorous. I DO find Eminem offensive, but I still listen to him because its well produced and often clever.

Different things float different people's respective boats an all

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 15:16
... ya know there are innocent guys in there, strange how no one actually finds that offensive ...
Also the suicide bomber is wearing a turban, so really sihks and muslims (not sure how you spell it) should also be quite offended.

In movies germans and russians are often portrayed as bad guys, drunks and evil ... and it isn't true.

Really although I don't find the game itself alot of fun, it is certain kinda compelling to find a big crowd and explode. But if i were any of you check the rest of the site, what is worrying me is the guy seems to have a thing for things that explode ... to me atleast that is more worrying than his lack of respect for recent events.

Thing is I reckon if i was shown this without reading the comments made i'd just see it as a lil bit of fun, i mean whats next ya'll gonna say it'll make kids wanna strap on bombs and try it in real life?
at the end of the day - if ya don't like it then don't play it not much point in making statements like "this guy should be arrested" because this game doesn't set itself as one thing and subtly have quite another thing that people play it for ... e.g. Carmageddon
It is cartoony, and just about blowing yourself up. If anyone can actually take it as more than just a joke then geez you need to back down a bit.

(thinks he's just made a seriously big mistake posting this)

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 16:47
I know many muslim peoples, one of them is a girl from Turkey who lives here in the same country I live and is my very best friend. I would never show such stupid thing to her. This is made by peoples who are ( think they are ) racists, but in fact they are just week minded asses... Peoples who enjoy it, are actually not much diferents from the ones who created it...

"Never argue with an Idiot, they will always bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
-- Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 18:37
i think racism is a very fine line to be honest ... i mean yeah that is extremely racist but something makes me think the developer has just taken something happing now and rather than thinking about it used it.

now i know what this next set of comments will make me sound like, and trust me i don't have any love for racists themselves ... however, the current deemables that dictact if something is racist or not are extremely unfair.

it seems that if you put in a white guy into a game and have someone running after him shooting him, hunting him down, stabbing the crap out of him - THAT is oki
put a woman there! or a black guy!
SUDDENDLY its a sick or rascist game...

perhaps I don't find it offensive that this is happeneing, but what the hell happens to suddenly make a perfectly fun and reasonable game into something that isn't??

not to be funny but this isn't just games where this happens, its in most things!
a cop beats a white guy when arresting him, sure he'll be charged for it and all - but how many reports do you see on the news that it happened?

I'm sorry but equal right doesn't mean that you subverge another set of people... what is good for one is good for the other!

I mean take a look at this oki - an aussie come to the UK god knows why, perhaps so he isn't biten by a spider in the tub and killed by it (j|k)
But he takes up a bar job (don't ask me what it is, they're attracted to bar work!) everything is cool!
However!
Anyone recently seen the news about how aussies are calling for british people, particularly backpackers to be given time limits on how long they're allowed to work within australia?

Sorry, but this is probably the most perfect example right there of our current "equal" rights in full effect.
just imagine if the US and UK also had similar thoughts about this!?

both the US and UK have overwhelming unemployement, particularly within thier national residents - however jobs and benifits are still given to alot of immigrants.
You don't see the protests about that making the news!

One thing i've certainly noticed is that America is a more "racist" driven country, everyone is careful about what they say around others of different culture and religion, yet so two faced about it because as soon as they leave its like sickening.

Now here i see here every community seems to have thier own "zone" as it were, and you know when you're in say asian are of town, russian, african, hispanic, etc...
yet when i lived in the uk, where i used to live perhaps we didn't have an overwhelming flow of every colour or religion and such - can't remember hearing of anything being "racially" stimulated, even with all of this tabliban crap.

In recent years there have been growing conserns about the teens in the area as they're starting to form gangs, smalltime drug wars and stuff that only really the larger cities are common to - which is no doubt because of Area now being one of the clubs for the UK.

i think ya'll need to wake up and learn, there is no need to defend or fight for everyone like this ... if you can all learn that your friends are just that an not simply statistics to make you sound all good, perhaps ya know others will learn.

I can tell you this for nowt, for me i can't name what of my friends are what - because i don't sit there and think "oh i've got a black friend so i mustn't be racist", because as you can tell i probably am a lil - its not for me to judge but everyone else.
Thing is I don't have problems with people cause of anything, they can believe what they like and be blue, purple and green for all i care ... i'll have a problem with someone because they've crossed me in someway.
And i wouldn't think you're colour will mean that when i beat ya ass into the ground i'll go any softer cause can forget that.

Women on the other hands are a different bag of chips, never rise to or abuse them in any form
it's how i've been brought up - and its not like how other say all smug "oh i've never hit a woman cause... <<total bs>>", ya don't do it cause where's the honour in it?
I've been put in real bad states before even hospitalised cause i won't defend myself against them.

It's like invalids, within wheelchairs - you want to piss one off quickly ... TREAT THEM LIKE THEY'RE NOT PEOPLE, help them without help, make a big deal about how they should be treated with care!
They're just as tough as any of you, they deserve to be treated like just that way too.

If it was a game like wheelchair basket ball or special olympics, i can bet everyone here 50quid that alot of NON invalid protestors would call for it closed down because it is "offensive" ... and quite fankly thats bullcrap, because what the gamer wants to see on the screen is more and more themselves. And no doubt a perfectly good game would be taken off the market because of people believeing thier helping.

YOUR NOT, your just focusing on what a problem it is, when really there is no problem - if someone wants to have a different opinion then who are you to tell them that its wrong. You'd think that because almost every war in existance has been over this very fact of religion differences we'd learn after several millennia ... sad that the term of it has been redefined!

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 20:06
Thank you Raven. Not kissin your butt or anything (eww bad mental image) But at least uv got the guts to make a perfectly valid but not neccessarily 'p.c.' comment. Bang on. & I mostly agree with u. I just hope people won't missunderstand and burn u at the stake for it.

Being from Gloucester originally I have many friends who are all classed as minorities - Muslims, Jews, Gays, Blacks, Dissabled, single mothers, orphans, elder, unemployed, Gypsy - Thankfully they are not treated badly by anyone -

BUT unfortunately Racism (or any other ism) often works in reverse. For example if I was applying for a job, being a young, white, middleclass, well educated man in good health, I would often loose the job to someone perhaps less qualified than myself because a (for instance) black person applied for the job, and the employer doesn't want to be percieved as Racist.

Most minorities have a sense of humour From my experience often the people who cause the most fuss are paranoid middleclass white folks

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 20:11
Oh BTW I'm not condoning the actual website I've never been to it and by Vegata's short discription I'm guessing I don't want too... I was sent the link in SPAM but just thought it was a light hearted way to provoke a few thoughts

xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 20:58
I think it's funny. In a bad way of course.
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 22:37
U think it's funny? How about them if the guy with the bomb was killing peoples using T-Shirts of Ireland... it could be ur mom, ur brother... would u like that?
I think u most does not know what u saying... or have ur asses instead of a brain...

The world has grown stupid, racist and arrogant. If the muslim guys was killing americans, u all would think it awful, if The ass President Bush was killing innocent peoples from Afeganistan, u all would think he's a hero... that makes u all cowards and stupids...

Nuff talk, with brainless peoples as u r

-- Rogue
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 01:13
You just contradicted your sig there man

If you react like that you have taken it too seriously. It's a computer game. It's not gonna influence anyone. It in no way refelects the views of the person who made it. Chances are it was a kid. A kid with a sense of humor. Said and done.
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 01:24
and my record is 6 dead 4 injured
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 01:24
A kid with sense of humor... what sense of humor killing peoples. U know what makes me more nut? I have a kid who is 1 year old and, he is growing up in a world with peoples of such kind and poor mentality who has a ignorante view of humor is...

-- Rogue
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 01:37
ok, I will stop to reply to this message, it's just stressing me too much. Many here liked and said it's a kid with sense of humor... So, u all who agred with that r also kids with a stupid sense of humor and with a what of racism and ignorance( as the creator) and I dont have time to waste with kids...
U know, when I was a teen, I was used to shoot stupid minded peoples as skin heads... I miss those times... Any little thing about racism or whatever of that kind really can make me too angry to think about something else...
I'm actually planning in leave this forum and stick with BB... peoples are older ( non kids ) and more brainy...

-- Rogue
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 02:52
I make sure not to discriminate when killing people in games. Think of all those those innocent people in gta which get run over every day. Don't worry about it so much, it's just a bit of mindless entertainment.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 06:01
No Offense Rogue I but you're taking this too seriously.

I too have children. A 3year old boy and a 4 month old girl. I love them very much. But I am realistic about the average public mentality and hope they will grow to understand the difference between what is right and wrong but also what is is real and fiction! I would hope they would also be able to make up their own minds what is offensive to them and what isn't, rather than have it dictated to them by well-meaning but ultimately preaching sociopaths.

And PLEASE stop insulting people. OR at least if you are going to call somebody stupid, do it in understandable English! Whilst I guess it us not your first language and I respect that, it doesn't help to get mad just because your opinion differs to someone else's - it just makes you sound ignorant. (which is what you just accused everybody else of being lol)

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 09:50
My record : 7 dead 1 injured

i used to being called a kid with a stupid sense of humor. I used to being called brainless people. I used to being called coward and stupid.

... guess thats what i get for being open-minded.

Rogue , relax dude ... i know maybe u won't listen to me , well .. i'll just try my luck ... just that if u're stressed with this topic , there are several more topics where u can post and might not get u upset ...

Ok , i'm done. Anybody who's not happy with me ... i understand ... just take one of my words , quote it inside ur post , and start banging me back. i'm just trying to help ...

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 12:32
Thanks Snake, Xtom & Quoth.

I'm not trying to insult you Rogue, far from it. You make some very useful and intelligient posts under other topics. I've obviously innadvertatly offended you for which I appologized straight away. I just do think that many people would find your posts in this topic offensive, if understandably misguided

*Extends a shaky olive branch*

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 15:31
I'm sorry... feels like at the end of all these agressive messages I've posted here, I'm the one who ended being stupid.
I will make sure u wont ever hear from me again in this forum... Luck to all and once again sorry...

-- Rogue

-- Rogue
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 19:49
Nooo honestly its ok! You don't need to appologize, and you don't look stupid. You obviously stick to your beliefs and principles, which is an admirable quality in a person Just remember other peoples opinions can differ, and that they are intitled to their beliefs, just as you are

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 20:23
roflmao@xtom

ya know after i posted all that i was kinda worried how it would be taken ... like putting an unmarked duffle bag in the middle of Victoria Station, kinda thought i'd be linched even though it contained harmless twinkies of information
:: Mmmm twinkies ::

I think what ya have to remember here Rouge, isn't that we're not against this kind of thing in real life. I mean Tom being an irish lad will no doubt know as well as those of us from close to london exactly what its like for acts suchs that! However we can differentiate between what is real, and what is just a game.

Anyone remember back in '95 just after Quake's release there was a new item about a sweedish kid who has gone into a supermarket with a shotgun and went about shooting people... the eye's immediatly focused on the fact his parents had allowed him to play this game!
Yet there was no report about HOW he got the shotgun nor why his parents allowed him to play a game aim'd at a years 15+

At the end of the day the whole crap about being politically correct is more about alot of people NOT wanting to take responsibilty for thier own actions and blaming it on the nearest thing.
Perhaps Quake had caused the boy to want to shoot things that moved, however he should never of being playing a game which was aimed at a more mature audience, he should also never of had access to a dangerous weapon.

As i've noted the only people who make a big deal about everyone having equal rights are those it doesn't actually affect thinking their doing right, when sadly they're the main cause...
personally don't care who i work with, as long as they're not and idiot - i mean you ever tried to get some work done expecting someone else to know what to do and when, so you tell them what they're to do. Look over an hour later and they're still not sure what tool to be using ... so you have to waste all YOUR time teaching them what to do, and in the end you could've done both jobs yourself faster and better

and I don't mean like just qualified people, i've noticed those college students who have like 6billion fancy degree's you give them a task they never learnt to do - you might as well be trying to move a stapler with your mind power with more sucess.
Only ever hire people who in the interveiw show a flare for what they want to do, because i can guarentee you they'll perform far better than a technical expert

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 00:27
(whole villagers of DBP in gladly , watching Kanggaroo2 and Rogue shakes hand and continues together to protect our beloved homeland) ... aaaaowwwww ...

Its nice to see two giants finally forgive and forget , makes us villagers wanna celebrate the occasion! (been playing too much Black & White!)

Roque , hope u will stay .. u r one of the big guys here dude! We'll be waiting for ya!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 00:51
:: joins in as a villager ::
lets all sing a song-ee,
of the time with Kang and Rogu-ee,
fighting about something sill-ee,
this song makes no sense,
but fit to that silly tune,
of the guys fixxing that boat-ee

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 01:13
Ok... I tried but I cannot be away from this forum I just love everyone here And DB too so....Well, I understand the point of view of u all and I really apologize for my attitudes. I've just lost someone who I cared really much by a crazy guy so, I am a little too sensitive about terrosim and racism. Unfortunaly someone gave me reasons for that. a long ago.
Believe me, my favorite game style are FPS, so I've nothing against it, I really love them . I think I was having a really bad day so I took it too seriously in this topic...
Kangoroo, sorry. Anyway, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one here who has a baby For a sec I've thought it was only me lol....
Solidus Snake, thanks to say that above It means a lot for me .

Well, I do, remember the story about the swedish kid and I also know another one. Once, a boy about the same age in Brazil could purchase a machine gun. He went to theaters and, in the middle of a movie, he went to close the screen, set up the machine gun and shoot everyone inside there... I don't remember how many he killed till the securities could stop him... But one thing is for sure, the world is going insane Hope I can also buy a gun again someday

-- Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 01:38
yup very very sick world... lost a few friends during to sept 11th - lost someone very dear to me due to a psycho who should never have been allowed in society

world is full of crap like that, only way to get around it is to move on ... perhaps find these people and beat the livin' --- probably best not to go down that road

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 01:42
Bloody hell!

You people are far too emotionally sensitive, how can a game with characters about 20x20 pixels possibly be sick? The blood "effects" look more like a Joe Cartoon game.

Yes it is mildly entertaining but also quite boring. And please stop bringing up that bollocks about terrorists, just because George W. Bush has to say it every other sentence doesn't mean that there is one prowling round your local neighbourhood about to blow your kid's brains out! It is like that thing with paedophiles, everybody knows next to nothing about them and yet is telling everyone how dangerous they are.

I hate moral saints! The whole point of life is to live, people (such as the author of this harmless game) are merely doing that in a way they see fit.

Relax

NOBODY has a forum name as stupid as Darth Shader. I do.
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 01:47
errr ... darth dude? no offense but ...

... i think u're just a tinni winni late ... everybody's gone back home from the celebration just now! Hehehe! j/k!

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 02:07
Yes... sorry. Slow internet connection you see

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 02:26
LOL
Dun worry dude, I'm still hanging here!

Waddaya say we grab some chicks and paint the town red tonite!

POW! OUCH! (head been knocked by gf)

I mean , u grab some chick and i'll bring my gf along!

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 02:42
actually I have broadband but it is a good general purpose excuse!

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 02:46
LMAO

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2002 12:40
Darth... erm ... well read carefully the last few posts, especially from my own.

I actually broaden'd what was being said, because no terrorist arn't really everywhere ... but its a sad fact most of us have grown up with along with people who are just sick in the head.
And as Rouge says he's lost someone recently due to this kinda of thing then he reaction wasn't unjust, it's very hard to deal with someone close dieing normally.

But in some sensless act something like this pours salt into that wound which will never close ... and unless you do actually loose someone to a human element then you can't really sit there and fly off the handle

The points made have been valid around here, just really a bit too ... protesting against it, which is the kind of attitude which is ruining alot of games.

What peeps forget is that not only are the games growing up, but the current generations are being brought more and more into REAL LIFE. I mean take movies, what was banned like 20years ago we'd all yawn at because its not that scary...

well thats some christmas cheer for all your stockings eh (^_^)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:58:30
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:58:30