Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / NEW MMORPG announcement

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 07:09

www.dragonseige.gpox.com
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Is that even from this board??

Got anime?I do.
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 10:38
no, I don't think that is from this forum.... Well, I guess good luck on your MMORPG... Oh, and can I be a beta tester?

gothboy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 10:54
newbie brogo are you realy in the CIA?

www.dragonseige.gpox.com
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 11:49 Edited at: 8th Sep 2004 11:50
Well... cia.gov is in ym web address bar, and I love cats... Maybe? I'll let you figure that out yourself.

gothboy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 11:56
no yes no i don't know please tell me (if you can )

www.dragonseige.gpox.com
gothboy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 00:57
YES YOU ARE! i figured it out what now

www.dragonseige.gpox.com
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 08:16
Sssshhh, The CIA doesn't like me going on these forums, if you tell them I could lose my job! (and we all know what that means once you work in the "secret" area)

Any updates on this MMORPG? Such as a model or 2? I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 08:18
*turns on the disco music......

I will subscribe!
I will subscribe!
yatta yatta yatta

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
wkitching
Years of Service
User Offline
If people only have negative thoughts to say without reason they shouldnt post... jus cause this guy says hes gonna do summit u dont believe u or most people have patience or skill to achieve doesnt mean he cant!

i b teh win
gothboy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 09:35
i'll keep silent

www.dragonseige.gpox.com
Oneka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 09:55
Iam telling cuz Iam a jerk j/k youd probably have me silenced o_O;

Making better games everday!
Oh yeah and just so you know its Oh-nek-a not One-ka!
gothboy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 11:03
hey Oneka production i'd edit youre post he might zap you with a laser if you said that even if you were joking

www.dragonseige.gpox.com
Mind Storm 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 13:02
who has a lazer, why does he have it, and where can I get one?

"Think what you like, You'll all be mine in the end."
[href]
http://www.DotBinary.dbspot.com[/href]
Oneka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 13:45
If you can type its on EBAY! xD lol
how come someone here can make a post about a MMORPG and have no media what so ever not even a game O_o; and in 1-2 day have 50+ posts....when I have a game +media+otherstuff and it takes me about a month to get 50 posts....wtf

Making better games everday!
Oh yeah and just so you know its Oh-nek-a not One-ka!
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 14:01
In case you didn't read they're all at-end-of/outta college and they have an experienced programmer (sounds like CS major with good knowledge of C++) and akira has designed a large design document.

Sony stole our name!
Veronique
Years of Service
User Offline
well just remember the guy that did say he will make a FPS game in 7 days

he got flamed all the way but after 7 days people did see that i did pull it off.

im new to this forum but did read ALOT of post's here to see what this forum is like and what i can see is only a handfull of all the game ideas getting finish

i hope this is one of the few that will make it..
or just make it so far that we see some screens and models.

maby it is a good idea to start on the 3d models b/c it takes alot of time making humans.
again if you cant make 3d dont expect to get a 3d modeller at the team before you can show somthing the 3d modeller dont jump on everything here.
Veronique
Years of Service
User Offline
well just remember the guy that did say he will make a FPS game in 7 days

he got flamed all the way but after 7 days people did see that he did pull it off.

im new to this forum but did read ALOT of post\'s here to see what this forum is like and what i can see is only a handfull of all the game ideas getting finish

i hope this is one of the few that will make it..
or just make it so far that we see some screens and models.

maby it is a good idea to start on the 3d models b/c it takes alot of time making humans.
again if you cant make 3d dont expect to get a 3d modeller at the team before you can show somthing the 3d modeller dont jump on everything here.
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 05:17 Edited at: 10th Sep 2004 05:19
Quote: "well just remember the guy that did say he will make a FPS game in 7 days

he got flamed all the way but after 7 days people did see that he did pull it off.
"

huh? i remember that but he didn't get flamed at all

and anyway making a FPS is completely different from making a MMORPG...

even if he can program it and make the massive amounts of 3D models/textures/images for the GUI/...ect

who's going to pay for the server/s???????

[edit] just noticed your join date "Joined: Mon Aug 30th 2004"...

is this your second account? because that FPS thing was at least 2 or 3 months ago...

"We make the worst games in the universe."

wkitching
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 07:48 Edited at: 10th Sep 2004 07:49
// who's going to pay for the server/s???????

thats what parents are for

hehe

i b teh win
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 08:08
Or Nuclear Network.............

Sony stole our name!
Veronique
Years of Service
User Offline
Peter_H : no it isent a second account but i did see the 7 day game topic for some time ago when somone did link to it at another 3d site i look at..

i did follow this forum on and off since then.

if i had another account i did use that b/c it is a pain in the a.. that a moderater need to check and allow every single post you make..

well i hope it will go away after some time.
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 22:04
What is the point of this:
a] Long
b] Boring
&
c] pointless and irrating
thread?

Current project: Blood of the Brave [formerly Revolution] Visit me at: www.Lightningstudios.co.uk [I'm also named under 'DWR'] Email me: welcome@lightningstudios.co.uk
akira
Years of Service
User Offline
well, to your question about why this thread had 50 posts. It's because it should be closed down. I posted to early and didn't know, so instead of people sitting here waiting and or flaming, it should just be closed until I open another and post what seems to be acceptable by DB programmers.

Secondly, about the game and stuff. 3D Models will be done by me. I will be making a baseline 3D for males and females. The only race in the game. I will have a chracater manipulator when you first make your character to resize, add on weight, take away, ect. This will control original, begining character individuality, along with multiple styles/colors of hair, and eyes. as for later individualtiy, your armor is going to be the highlight. There are already numerous created "fashion armor sets" ready to be made in the game. The armor, while it will have slight pros and cons to other armor, will not be such a drastic change that everyone wears this one awesome armor, but rather, the armor that fits you best. So a mage would not be wearing the armor, Million Sword while he/she would be wearing an armor called celestial blanket which would be an encumfrising cirlce of stylish metal that surrounds the caster. So modeling, in 3D, for the most part, will be items, armor, and weapons. Don't worry, we also plan on implementing a GM Smith that will take designs for certain weapons of your own idea. He will send you out to collect the necessary items to make this weapon, and then I would have to make it out of game, wait until you could deliver the items, and then you'd have an individual sword. =D

As for servers, I've said before. We will not be purchasing pre-built servers, we will be building our own. Both Torq and myself have the knowledge to build servers that would more readily handle our game then another. As for bandwidth, we are going to release this game to the public in pre-built pieces. So, the bandit mt. island can be released first. Big enough for maybe 50 people to not feel over-crowded. This means, we can release the game early, while still working on other parts of the game, and slowly show our map to the increasing number of players. But, as for paying for bandwidth, both Torq and myself are in the military, which counts as a full-time job. We both get paid, and can, if the need arises, take out a small buisness loan, until money comes back around to us so we can support the game, our wives, his recent kid, and everyone elses happiness. =D

Well, I think that concludes my once in a while post. See you later, when the questions build up, if this doesn't get shut down! Bye!
-`kira

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:36:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:36:25