Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The Importance of Beer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2004 15:26
But you must admit that Belgium is much smaller than Quebec. We have many kinds of beers for our little area, and we're fiercely proud of it .

Most of the names I gave are not only one beer, but represents a collection of beers.
Example :
- Kriek Cerise
- Kriek Framboise

(fruity beers ... mmmh so tasty)

- Mind the gap -
Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2004 16:14
Quote: "- Kriek Cerise
- Kriek Framboise"
Hey, those names are french.(didn't look at the whole list above, just kinda assumed that they were words that I wouldn't understand, instead of just looking). Is french an official language in Belgium, don't they speak belgian. Excuse my ignorance, I only ever though of Canada, France, and a bunch of african counties were officially french.

It's amazing how much TV has raised us. (Bart Simpson)
Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2004 17:09
Well, Belgium has 3 official languages :
- Dutch
- French
- German

Mostly I could say the northern part speaks dutch, french in the southern part and at the extreme East, it's German.
But that doesn't mean people are stuck in one of these languages. I have german-speaking friends, french-speaking ones and dutch-speaking friends. But most of them know also the other languages.

And we are all into belgian beers

P.S. Swiss speaks french too

- Mind the gap -
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2004 18:58
An awful lot of Europe's breweries are owned by Interbrew anyway, so it's kind of hard to avoid 'Belgian' beer.

Play Nice! Play Basic! Out now.

nFinity Emulator. Coming soon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:20:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:20:22