Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / final fantasy... again!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, way too many new posts to read them all. But, I would like to say this:

When I said "Besides, how much can you understand programming at age 12?" I'm sure I could have stated that better, heh...sorry. It has been proven that people tend to learn things quicker, the sooner they are exposed to it.

Although, you all know the various maths used in programming. When I was 12 I wasn't exposed to sin,cos,tan and I had no idea what a vector was heh. That is basically what I meant.

Arrow aka Hito Hentai:
Heh, nice job of stereotyping everyone...what category do you think I fit under?

I am the very disease you pretend to be.
Epidemicz
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, way too many posts to read them all right now. But, I would like to say this:

When I said "Besides, how much can you understand programming at age 12?" I am sure I could have stated that better, heh....sorry.

You all know of the various maths used in programming. What I am trying to say is, when I was 12 I wasn't exposed to sin/cos/tan and I had no idea what vectors were or anything of that sort. Thats basically what I was trying to say.

Arrow aka Hito Hentai
Heh, nice job of stereotyping everyone...what category do you think I fit under?

*I've already posted this twice, hope it goes up this time*

I am the very disease you pretend to be.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2003 06:35
Not sure, I'ld have to read a few more of your posts.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
aidwe
Years of Service
User Offline
can i just ask 1 q
how on earth do u include a value in the text coz on gf u
"hi how are u" + "a#"
well a bit like that anyway
plz reply

Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2003 19:43
Try this:

"Hi, how are you?" + str$(a#)

It is in the command index part of the help file but, admittedly, it's not in one of the most commonly used parts.

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
Troan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 01:27
Well thanks for the help(u wernt trying give it to me or anything) i am a 11 year old trying to learn programming. Well anyways thanks for the info.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 04:29
Please, Aidwe, learn to spell. I can't understand a thing you say.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 13:42
Is Troan the same person as Aidwe ?

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 19:08
I wouldn't have thought so, Troan uses more punctuation, can spell, and started off asking for advice, rather than final fantasy. But you never know.
Troan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 19:20
Anyone know of a good site to learn to use Dark Basic? I read "The Book" at DBhaven.com , but that didnt do much cuase it aint finish :/.People say try pong but how can i begin to learn how to make a simple game?
(I am not like aidwe).

-Troan
Troan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 19:25
Heres a code for aidwe.

-Troan
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 20:52
Here's an idea that I'm doing right now (Yes folk, despite all my all my talk I just got DBPro 2 days ago).

Any way whip out the Referance Manual, and read it next to your computer. Any time you don't quite understand the command try it out.

If you want a site scroll to the top of this page and click Resources.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2003 23:03
To learn to make a simple game, you need to understand the commands present in DB, and be able to think of how you would code various effects using them. When you see how the commands can be put together, you can look at simple games already made and think, "Ah hah! The ball position is held in a variable which changes according to a velocity which reverses when the ball hits an edge!" (or something along those lines).

When I got DB, I already knew enough programming to start right away and quickly incorporate the new 3d commands into my existing knowledge. However when I was learning earlier versions of basic, I did just as Arrow said, had a book full of commands and read through it, trying out and understanding the commands as I went. That's a really good way to learn.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2003 02:53
Yeah, well, I have no choice, if I do ask for help on basic things, I'll be a hypocrit. But, like you, I do have some progaming outside of Basic, and I have a nack for understand this kinda stuff. Besides, if you can't figure it out yourself how are you gonna use it later. By self teaching you understand it better.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
Ordos0
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, aidwe, i think you should talk to me, not only can i somehow understand you, but i was in your predicament once.

Here's how you should learn to code (based on your personality):

1) Go step by step, you'll never get it done in a day.
2) Learn as you program, start that FF game, and learn the commands as you need them. For instance, say you need to rotate an object on-screen, well, you look in the tutorial, and learn that command, now you have one more command that you know.
3) Slow down, take your Ritalin, and take chances. If the idea dosen't work, try a different one. Why complain of you can simply change it back by using the undo or delete commands?
4) Dont be an @$$, sorry i had to put it so straightforward, but people like you just dont take criticism very well.
5)Learn from your mistakes, dont sit in spite of them.

Thats all the advice I can give you.

Skyone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2003 07:30
FLAMEBAIT!!!!!!!!!

-Skyone
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2003 04:11
No, 'Elimination of Evil' in the program annoucment is a flame bait. This a bunch of guys trying to help a rather spoild child and are getting tired of it.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2003 04:16
Guys just let the topic die off......... just let it drift away............ drift................

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:41:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:41:42