Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Umans Screen Shots

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 01:04 Edited at: 16th Jul 2006 01:05
Water Video 1

WMV Format : 640 x 480 pixels : 6.1mb

"I am and forever will be your friend"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 02:19
Great work uman!

Give a man some bullets, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun and he'll be giving away the bullets!!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 03:19
Excellent job wwith the water,Uman.

Hammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Good job Uman, keep up the great work.

Hammer
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 17:54
Excellent, as usual.

Crazy Grandpa
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 19:13
Really good screenies. In video I liked about water sound but animation wasn't so great in my opinion. It was too fast.

Intel P4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
My site: http://www.freewebs.com/nigezu
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 20:50
Uman, the water looks cool, the best I've seen in FPSC for sure. I must agree with Nigezu on the animation though, it's too fast and it looks odd that the watersegment the player is standing in stops the animation completely. But I'm not sure if that's your doing at all, may just be FPSC behaving that way.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 23:38
Maeko want demo. Maeko like Uman game.

Give a man some bullets, and he'll want a gun. Give a man a gun and he'll be giving away the bullets!!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 13:36
Benjamin A, and everyone else...

Some valid points Ben....The water shown is just an example as it were...not trying to win any competitions with it.

Its possible to improve over that somewhat...the point of the water posts being to show that liquids of a resonable kind to fit certain scenarios are possible in FPSC. No more than that. As with many things in FPSC personally I have taken things to a certain stage and then moved on to other things which need experimenting with or addressing. There are a lot of these which is why I have no levels complete. No intention of doing that until I see what any upgrade brings then I would reaccess FPSC potential before going any further.

You aint gonna get great liquids and they only fit in with certain needs.

Options for Liquids in FPSC are a far cry (scuse the pun) from looking professsional. They are about as poor as it gets for a modern game making product, but they all we have currently and they pose many problems.

Point again being if your game really needs liqiuids then either we do the best we can or dont bother - personally I would use them doing the best possible job over the choice of dropping them out altogether as they can add another dimension and feel to a game.

In all honesty as with other advanced features - currently an end user really has little possibility to achieve such as its beyond the current capability of FPSC itself.

If TGC dont provide improvements in some of these areas then users have to accept that their game content and the quality of the same will be limited. The best an end user will do will be far from ideal or perfect.

Many users are already pushing FPSC and doing a fine job with what is available to them and in some areas thats not a great deal.

Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 21:56
It kinda remindes me of hl2

I was Jacko but I changed my name.
Holly-Cat-Games
Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 22:36
Why is it that everyone says that a level looks like HL2 only when it's all custom?! No offence Uman, it still looks great.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2006 13:46 Edited at: 18th Jul 2006 13:47
Maeko,

Its nothing like HL2 in Concept or GamePlay really.

Those particular Shots of the Water are not even from the gameplay really but are a part of the Training mission or area the player can choose to play before proceeding with the game proper. Thats why there are numerous obstacles in this room as with the others in the training area that you have to duck under, jump up or over and so on. Training area has numerous other kinds of obstacles - has explosives areas, some traps and surprises and 3 different shooting range parts too.

If you look through all of the previouys screen shots you will see a large control room with the characters in it - in that room you get a choice to open one door or other - one door goes to the training area which is large and takes some time to complete though its not due to difficulty but size - both choices take you to the next level - eventually.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2006 05:13
On the subject of outddor levels.

Heres a screen shot of what will eventually become level 3 just to give some users who are asking the question an idea of what scale can be achieved.

This is deliberatly taken from an angle which shows most of the width across the whole of the FPSC world distance from one side to another almost corner to corner. Its around 85% to 90% across the view and is very open.

Despite this reasonably complex scene, a lot of unseen walls and entities both outside and inside building rooms that the player can move into or up and over to the rooftops and no optimisation at all as yet you can see the fps readout at 32 frames per second.

Large outdoor fairly open areas are therefore seen to be quite possible.

Screen Shot Attached - City Heights1

Enjoy it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sgt_BJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2006 05:30 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2006 05:32
That is the coolest outdoor screenshot I have seen made with FPSC! (Ive only been on the forums a week so excuse me if there are many better ones lol) Awesome frame rate too! I dont like that some of the big blocks of buildings have no door access lol unless theyre round the side, or the windows are kind of static doors. Did you make the non broken modern tank yourself??? All you need now is a nice city skybox =D

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD Socket AM2 4400 Dual Core, 2048mb PC5400 Ram, 2*Asus Nvdida 6600 256mb, Thermaltake Kandalf case =D
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2006 05:34
Work in Progress - that level wont be finished for a couple of years is my guess.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2006 10:41
Nice screenie,Uman.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2006 00:03
A couple of years!? Well, quality over... umm, time-taking.

Looking at those sci-fi segments on first page, AWESOME STUFF! You should realease a segment pack, or atleast the game they were in. Keep up the incredibly high quality work, Uman!

You don't have to be insane to answer my questions, but it helps

visit www.gameshell.tk
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2006 00:43
Awesome screenshot Uman and even more awesome, the framerate eventhough the level is that big.

A couple of years eh? Too bad, but i guess this will be good when its finished.

Dont forget to visit my website for scripts!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2006 15:29 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2006 15:30
Some say you cant or dont use the whole tile area of the FPSC world in making outddor levels.

You can and still maintain decent fps - however the serious lagg issue is likely to be more of a prevalent problem in close proximity to the world extremities - so the best advice is to keep non important areas at those extreme locations.

i.e. if you get the problem crop up in the extremities then isolate the areas affected by making them visibly a part of the game but restrict the players access to them in the affected parts only - so at least the areas form part of the aparent world size extending the visible enviroment of the game and allowing physical world objects to be placed right out to the full world size extremities.

That refers to world size in the horizontal plane - if you wish to build over many FPSC tile heights also in outside levels as say a City where there are highrised buildings and you want the player to have access to those areas - that can increase the potential of seeing the serious lagg issue crop up - but its effects can be minimised.

Hopefully any update with see a resolution to the serious lagg issue and remove the problem giving users far more freedom and possibility to build more efficient FPSC worlds and that is relative to both indoor or outdoor areas equally which both can suffer from the issue.

If their is no reslolution to the SL issue then this will indefinately be a major ongoing restriction to future improved gamemaking by users of FPSC.

The same is relevant to the problems of AI think Time, both of these things having a serious impact on lowering frame rates unduely which the end user has no way of countering as opposed to generally being able to make full use of standard good level design practice and optimisation techniques which the end user can utilise to play their part in achieving improved gameplay and higher quality inside FPSC games.

da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2006 14:28
Nice is all i can say lol

DPP
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 14:31
awsome work uman. Keep up the good work!!!

ZOMBIES!!! coming 2007!!!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 15:14
Cheers,

Where did you dig this thread out from - it must have been buried deeply.

Sorry I have not updated this in a while whilst I await the update.

When it comes I shall be incorporating any new features and changes the update brings and moving the levels forward finishing these off and hopefully adding some new ones too.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 15:52 Edited at: 1st Sep 2006 15:52
ok cool. I searched uman in the search box because i wanted to see how your game was coming along

Cheesy Good
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 23:10
Wow that is awesome. I love it!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 23:11
uman,

As long as this is reopened, do you mind if I display a few of your screenhots on fpsFREE.com in the rotation on the main page?

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 23:45
xplosys,

No I dont mind. Sorry the shots shown here thus far are only of work in progress - all are of unfinished work and none have any lighting rendering at all - but if you want to use them go ahead.

Thank you for asking and not just doing so - not that I would have minded particularly but its nice to see someone like yourself setting an example for others as to how things should be done and being diplomatic in asking.

Your most welcome.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 01:12
Thanks. We wouldn't want to give away your finished work too early anyway, so these will be great. I just want visitors to have a feel of what can be done.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2006 14:40
Quote: "whilst I await the update."

Good news!!! A update has just been released. Check out the news letter!!!

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Good news!!! A update has just been released. Check out the news letter!!!"

Hehe, your a couple of days behind...the update needs an update...

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:22:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:22:14