Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems Trying To Use SkySphere

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi There,

I am trying to create a simple program that has a 'space' backdrop using a Skysphere. Within this scene I want to construct a 'planet' by making a 3D sphere.

At the moment I can load and see the Skysphere OK, and rotate the camera to look around. However the planet 'sphere' is not present and I'm not sure how to fix this problem.

Any help/suggestions you could provide would be amazing. Thanks.

Details :

I am using the 'Space Station' sky-sphere from the Dark-Matter Package.

Source code is below:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2006 07:27
First of all, is that a Dark-Matter model you attached? I don't know how the official Dark Basic Pro people will feel about you posting a model (which they are trying to sell) for any of us to download.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My suggestion is that you draw a line from the top left of the screen to the space station screen position to get a general direction of which way to look.

Simple example- (sorry if it insults your intelligence)

Then you may find it is too far in which case you may need to increase the far value of "set camera range" or you may need to make the sky sphere larger. Something else may obstruct the view of it. Or, the planet sphere may be to small or big to see. Those are all possibilities I can think of.

I haven't tried to find which possibilities are true due to lack of interest, sorry, but I am sure you can.

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2006 18:07
IF you're using Dark Basic PRo, then you may want to try scaling the object to a negative value. That makes the texture appear on the inside.

Adjust values if you need.

My Functions: Mine
Post yours: Post
cozbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay replying. I just wanted to say thanks for your suggestions I used the negative values and I saw what was going on. Thanks again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 05:24:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 05:24:27