Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2006 23:27
Ive just managed to create buttons and add movemet to a object now i need to know:
1. how to play the animation off the object moving.
2. more about cordinates
3. How to add a good ladscape
4. Chatting

I was Jacko but I changed my name.
Holly-Cat-Games
Mason
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2006 23:40
Whoa chatting, I'm guessing your pretty new to Dark Basic. Before you uptake a huge project like this, I would suggest maybe making small projects to learn.

Check out Penguin in the Projects Section!!!
http://www.prodigyarts.5gigs.com
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2006 04:27
==For the animation you could try "APPEND OBJECT" and make the object's frame loop only when the object is moving.

==For the landscape you could use one of those Terrain Editors or you could just make a smooth matrix editor of your own (if you can lol)

====It really depends though, are you using DBPro or DBC?

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2006 05:01
Half Life Dude, give it more time. If you're just figuring things out, then you'll only end up frustrating yourself with an RPG. It is an extraordinarily complex undertaking. You need to have a solid plan and understanding of everything you're doing before you even start.

Start smaller. Enter competions. Once you've got a solid foundation, then start an RPG. Moving and animating an object isn't enough. You have to properly manage, animate, and move hundreds of objects. Right now I've got 976 objects in my RPG, and they don't all work together by accident.

Come see the WIP!
Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2006 09:37
thanks guys ill give it some time

I was Jacko but I changed my name.
Holly-Cat-Games
Dark Eternity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2006 16:28
i think they are right but remember to use what you learn from smaller projects in your bigger projects

Scorched Skies is nearing completion and all we need to really finish the ANIRE Inferno engine is a shader programmer, have you got what it takes?
Medieval Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Or you can be different like me and jump in on a (MM)ORPG. (Which mind you is comming along nicely)

However I would suggest a pong game..or just get a ball to bounce around the screen. Using the arrow keys.

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 00:32
@Medieval Coder: How can you expect him to jump into a MMORPG!?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 05:17:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 05:17:05