Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Simple Look and Shoot code

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi I'm new to DBC but have been programming in AMOS Basic on the Amiga for years.
Using DBC I have written code to mouse look around on a matrix. Pressing the up key and down key moves me and mouse enables me to look around. All is working fine.

What I would like to do now is when I click the mouse button I fire a sphere to where I'm looking. I tried point object and move object but the sphere goes off in another direction and not where the camera is pointing to. tried reading the camera angles and then move object 1,5 <--- this is my sphere and still it goes off into la la land.

Can somebody please help me with this problem.
Thanks guys
Pete
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 14:43
Quote: "this is my sphere and still it goes off into la la land. "

Lol. Have a look at the SET OBJECT TO CAMERA ORIENTATION command. Here's an example:

Panda lover
Years of Service
User Offline
oooooo amos i remember that i never got the hang of it though couuld do a bit of text based games AMIGA RULES!!!!!
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 23:35
Quote: "AMIGA RULES!!!!! "

What this?ic:amiga]
?Lol nevermind.

Anyway, did my post help at all?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 07:30:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 07:30:30