Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Using MP3's and other formats as music in DBC?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm still learning DBC (long breaks from it most of the time are to blame), but I would like to know the easiest, while still being efficient, way to make MP3's used as music instead. I think it would be better for MP3's to be used instead of MIDI's atleast from the player's side, as MIDI's are more likely to grate on your nerves than MP3's, IMO (except if the band playing the song sucked more than a MIDI rendition of the same song). And on that part, it is possible to use other formats in place of a MIDI or MP3? I imagine it would likely need DLL support to even have a chance of the music format attempted playing at all, and even less likely that it will play correctly on even just 40 seconds total of it.

And another advantage that MP3's undoubtedly have over MIDI's. You can make a "song" of you just making noises with your mouth for 4 minutes, the undoubtable disadvantage, being just that.

P.S. When I'm finished modeling, rigging, texturing and all that with Milkshape, which format usuable in DBC(P) will have all or most of that carrying on to the exported version and work in DB? And how hard is creating limb-based animation compared to creating bone-based animation, which one is more practical, and which one works better for games overall?
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 04:20
Well, I don't understand your second question, but this works in DBC for me, although it messes up sometimes:

LOAD MUSIC "Music.mp3",1

Freaky Mutant Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Seriously, that's all I need to do? I feel stupid now, going to ask how to do something which seemed complicated at first because of not seeing any reference that music commands work with files other than MIDI, and then finding out in the first response, the answer was something I didn't try before because of the no reference thing I mentioned. However, the site and the version of the manual in my DB folder both never say MP3's are (and others, assuming someone tried the rest with success) sound effect only, but never pointed out anything about using MP3's as music as though the writer wasn't that experienced (if much is needed to know the music MP3 thing, which I assume not) with DB enough to BOTH know this and yet not take note that some (like me) might not figure it out and never get to play their new Superman fangame with non-midified theme music, though, did they really make a mistake like that in both places? I don't know how, but with my manual's error, it could be just an old version. Also, is any file format that's compatible with sound effects in DBC are also compatible with music aswell?

And SS, I mean't as in how limb-based animation (from what I know, manipulating seperate limbs (I think made with different meshes) to animate models) compares to bone-based animation (fitting a single-mesh model to a bone set (bone sets are created from joints and each maniuplate the vertices assigned to that one joint) and then animate it). I have a bigger knowledge of bone-based than limb-based (if you couldn't tell from the previous sentences), so I'd like to learn how limb-based works while seeing if bone-based was indeed an inprovement or not from it.

And seeing as only limb-based works in Classic, I'll probably need to learn it for 3D-game-making, until I can grab DBP and use bone-based, just in case.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 07:30:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 07:30:22