Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Would this help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2006 04:09
I am not sure where to post this, so if this is in the wrong spot please move it.

I've got a question for you guys. Would you find it helpful if I released a program that would allow you to place DBC/DBP primatives down using the keyboard? In the editor you can scale and rotate the primatives, and when you save it exports the code needed to create what you made in the editor into a neat little Text file. Would this help anybody? Just asking.

Ummm...
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2006 04:48
Well, not me personaly, but I think maybe new programmers might need help making their first levels and stuff, so yah, go for it.

Uncle Sam
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 256MB PCIEx, 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 proccessor, 768MB RAM
Need particles? Click here!
Prosaic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2006 18:32
That last about the text file is brilliant.
Soroki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2006 20:54
That sounds like an excellent idea! I often get annoyed by placing any object really. If you could make it to where you can load and place objects as well that would be very useful. I am using Matedit_1.6 for my map making for an FPS and I need object placement. I dislike spending loarge amounts of time trying to place my objects by coding it and testing out where the objects are. Don't get me wrong, I am not asking if you will do this, I am simply making a suggestion to the original idea. This would help out all of us I think.

The program is only as good as the programmer...
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2006 23:32 Edited at: 17th Apr 2007 04:41
Thanks everybody!
Alright cool. I'll prepare the program for release. Maybe I'll add loading and placng objects. I may need to make the 2 programs separate though... The current one I have isn't designed for anything else.

EDIT: Having some issues...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:28:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:28:44