Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] New! Improved! Sensei AI - Now with Allies (and added stain remover!)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2007 21:57
I have a BADDDD speed problem, Just like the ones in the past posts.. Sorry to bring this thread back to life but I need serious help the animation fps has always been slow ever since I installed 2 simultaneous FPSCs on my computer... system specs

AMD 64 FX 2100 @ 2.5 GHz
nVidia e-GeForce 6800XT 512MB RAM
300GB HDD-unimportant
768 MB RAM

please help!!!
FPSC Scripts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 20:17
makesure version 1 is instal if have other vesions than reinstal fpscreator when your done,download emty's mod and makesure no other unneedit fps run(that means that the exe isnt neceserry for fpscreator to run) to run exe is in the folder than the emty's mod one,next go to "C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\languagebank\english\textfiles" and open fpsc-050
and change the number to 759.
i did that on my pc and it fixed.

yo yo yo.
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2007 21:37
uh, i dont get the sensei mod, i test a level and firstly, theres a thing which says change ambience level and everytime i move theres a white cube appearing!
P.S how do u get the allies thing to work?

Im a new user, im young and FPI-dyslexic, i simply dont have the foggiest and cant learn FPI, so copy and paste code snippets please!
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2007 21:40 Edited at: 15th Mar 2007 00:52
I cannot get any AIs to attak other AIs using Sensei. If I use Empty's source update no AIs appear in the game at all.

That is the total descrition of my problem.

I made sure that I have everything that was said that I needed.

The prhase "Read the drections" keeps comming up on this thread, But there are no directions in the download for Sensei.

----------
I went to http://www.peanutbutterfingers.co.uk/sensei.htm and it says:

"Requirements

-Empty's source update. Available to download here
-FPSC.
-A reasonable knowledge of FPI scripts, although a tutorial will be included."
------------

I cant seem to find a tutorial anywhere. there is a PDF with directions on how to install the Empty's source update that came with that. But nothing I could see on how to get them to work.

------------
Here is a dir tree of what is in the sensei zip file:

CROGRA~1THEGAM~1FPSCRE~1TOOLSSENSEISENSEI20>tree /f
Folder PATH listing
Volume serial number is 0000086F 083A66F
C:.
├───sensei
│ │ ally2.fpi
│ │ allymove.fpi
│ │ attack.fpi
│ │ chase.fpi
│ │ chasedumb.fpi
│ │ chasefar.fpi
│ │ chasefar2.fpi
│ │ chasenododge.fpi
│ │ getinrange.fpi
│ │ Sentry.fpi
│ │ Sentry2.fpi
│ │ smartattack.fpi
│ │ takecover.fpi
│ │ waypointtocover.fpi
│ │
│ └───Waypoint System
│ 2waypointgreen.fpi
│ 2waypointred.fpi
│ 4waypointsblue.fpi
│ 4waypointsbluenosenses.fpi
│ 4waypointsgreen.fpi
│ 4waypointsgreennosenses.fpi
│ 4waypointspinknosenses.fpi
│ 4waypointsred.fpi
│ 4waypointsrednosenses.fpi

└───waypointsystem
├───set1(red)
│ marker.dbo
│ marker.X
│ markera1.bin
│ markera1.fpe
│ markera2.bin
│ markera2.fpe
│ markera3.bin
│ markera3.fpe
│ markera4.bin
│ markera4.fpe
│ markercovera1.bin
│ markercovera1.fpe
│ red.bmp
│ red.dds

├───set2(green)
│ marker.dbo
│ marker.X
│ markerb1.bin
│ markerb1.fpe
│ markerb2.bin
│ markerb2.fpe
│ markerb3.bin
│ markerb3.fpe
│ markerb4.bin
│ markerb4.fpe
│ markercovera1.fpe
│ red.bmp
│ red.dds
│ yellow.bmp

├───set3(blue)
│ marker.dbo
│ marker.X
│ markerc1.bin
│ markerc1.fpe
│ markerc2.bin
│ markerc2.fpe
│ markerc3.bin
│ markerc3.fpe
│ markerc4.bin
│ markerc4.fpe
│ markercovera1.fpe
│ red.bmp
│ yellow.bmp

└───set4(pink)
marker.dbo
marker.X
markercovera1.fpe
markerd1.bin
markerd1.fpe
markerd2.bin
markerd2.fpe
markerd3.bin
markerd3.fpe
markerd4.bin
markerd4.fpe
red.bmp
yellow.bmp

CROGRA~1THEGAM~1FPSCRE~1TOOLSSENSEISENSEI20>
----------------

Did I miss someting?

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. FPSC is Getting better. Now if we can just keep the ball rolling.
Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2007 23:10
poor butterfingers I don't want to be mean but if you can't figure this out than don't use it.
Slayer_2
P.S. It took me some time to figure it out too. Nice accidental smileys
P.P.S Oh fine since I'm not going to be a jerk. Try BY YOURSELF after you read this if you still haven't figured it out after 24 hours then I will help you.

EOT Check it out
http://eliteops.piczo.com
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 00:46 Edited at: 15th Mar 2007 00:51
I dont come to the forums until I have exhausted every obvious thing that I can think of, plus a few things that arent obvious. '

As for someone being mean, Its a waste of my time to even worry about it. I just do my best and anyone that doesnt want to be civil is just not aknowledged.

I have figured alot out on my own sence I was last on this forum sooo long ago. I have been working to learn many differnt game engines off and on. I am not new to FPSC. I have been plugging away it on my own for about 2 years.

All I really need is the instructions for Sensei that have been mentioned so many times and I might just get it working on my own.

But it is nice of you to offer to help at all.
Sometimes its good to get a helping hand when you need it.
Thanks for not being a jerk.

The accidental smileys are from the copy from DOS, when I did the dir tree to show all the files that came with the Sensei download to show that there are no directions in the zip file. But they are a nice accident.

can you tell me where the instructions are. They did not come with the download?

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. FPSC is Getting better. Now if we can just keep the ball rolling.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 01:41
You just could've made a code box.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I suppose thats true.
I got it out there anyway.
Thanks for the advise.

Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 03:59
thats good

EOT Check it out
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 12:27
ok.

I'm very tempted to just let Sensei die. I'd be hapy if it did, as I have come to hate it so much.

YOU MUST HAVE EMPTY'S mod simply because without it there aren't the script commands to make it work. so here's the LODOWN.

Without empty's mod the following scripts will still work:
│ │ attack.fpi
│ │ chase.fpi
│ │ chasedumb.fpi
│ │ chasefar.fpi
│ │ chasefar2.fpi
│ │ chasenododge.fpi
│ │ Sentry.fpi
│ │ Sentry2.fpi
│ │ smartattack.fpi
│ │ takecover.fpi

everything else will need the mod. As a point, the scripts above are a vast improvement over the standard stock FPI scripts, so it's worth a download even if you aren't using Empty's mod.

all the scripts include instuctions in the script itself. open it up in notepad and have a read.
If you're still at a loss after that, then just forget it. I'm not going to help you.

NEXT!

Forget the licence in the zip, this is now TOTALLY open source, do with it what you will, but do NOT sell it, and please give credit EVEN IF YOU HAVE MODIFIED MY ORIGINAL SCRIPTS.

Thanks So much to all those who have tried to help, esp Fred and Slayer.

Peas
Butters

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 13:31
I use the scripts from Sensei and I am not doing anything with allies.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Im going to just not use sensei. That will make it less frustrating for everyone by at least a little bit.

All I really wanted was the directions that has been mentioned.
No one seems to know anything about them or want to share.
I have checked the sensei download and they are not there.
I have checked http://www.peanutbutterfingers.co.uk/sensei.htm and they are not there.
I have checked the forums for FPSC and they are not there.
I cant read directions that I dont have or cannot find.
Where else could they possibly be?

Im not going to go far enough with it to get as frustrated as Butter Fingers, Hats off to you. Im sure that for thoes that got it to work on thier own it is a great thing, hats off to you to.

Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 16:57
Thanks Butterfingers, No please don't let Sensei die! Its such a good contribution to the community. Incense can you imagine how many people have asked Butterfingers for help since he realesed it? It's things like this that keep me from realesing some of my more complicated projects.
Slayer_2

EOT Check it out
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 06:25 Edited at: 16th Mar 2007 06:29
I just wanted the directions that Butterfingers keeps mentioning.

I didnt ask any complicated questions.

I didnt ask how to do anything.

I prefer to try to figure things out on my own if I can.

It would be a great, open source or otherwise if I could just get it to work.

I make efforts not to be rude to anyone no matter what, so I didnt start asking a bunch of questions that could be answered by the directons if I had them. I have noticed a tendancy toward people being annoyed by questions, even if they are valid on the FPSC forum. I dont want people to assume that I ask before I try.

I just wanted the directions.

Have a great day people

Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 06:29
I didn't mean to be rude and I share the same idea but I feel sorry for butters like he said I would be seriously considering dropping sensei like a lit bomb .
Slayer_2

EOT Check it out
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont blame him either.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
So basically Butter fingers has said to read the manual for the download and didnt put the manual in the download. It seems Butter fingers didnt give a link to it. So people asked alot of questions. Butter fingers got upset.

What it seems that Butter fingers got upset because people didnt read what they didnt have. So in effect who was it that upset Butter fingers?

Using all the information that I can find on the forum, that is the only logical conclusion. I have used the time since my last post to research the issue.

There is always a chance that I have missed something. If so please point it out.

In the rush to get things done in everyday life we can forget things and fail to check things. It happens.

I think that if things get to hot the it is time to get out of the kitchen.

Butter fingers you should take bow and a rest. you deserve it.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 19:43
Gee,I went to his website by clicking on his web button.
There you have sensei beta and the sensei update.
There is an installation readme,the manual and the licnese in those files.
You have to download both files as instructed on the site.
I keep hearing there are no instructions but I have sensei and I have tested sensei (except for the allies scripts).
If you only have the latest version some of the files are not in it (just like it says on the site).You need both to make sensei work.
Butters always includes insttructions in the stuff he makes available for us to download.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 21:24 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2007 21:27
Gee, Here is every word that is on his site about sensei.

"Sensei Beta V2 is here! It requires you to run Empty's Source update, but only if you want to be able to use allies. Please test it as rigourously as possible, and have fun. All the documentation you need is included in the Zip file, as well as info on what the update includes and how to use it. Instructions for the new scripts, such as the commandable allies, are available in the relevant folders.
Enjoy.

Requirements

-Empty's source update. Available to download here
-FPSC.
-A reasonable knowledge of FPI scripts, although a tutorial will be included.

23rd November 2006

Sensei has been updated. Please do not delete your old files as this update does not contain all of them. The update features dynamic waypoints, allowing characters to run along a set path, as well as some improved scripts and new chase scripts.
download here:"

Is says that the documentaion is in "the" zip file. It doesnt say whitch one.

It doesnt say that you have to have both zip files?

One is labled "SenseiAI Beta" and the other is just labled "Sensei AI".

Unknown to me I only downloaded the update and not the beta zip file as it was not labled "update". That lead me to beleive it was the newest version.

I dont have to be told everything in life but there are somethings that just cant be known unless someone voices them. This is not a matter of common sense it is a matter of needed information not beeing obvious and Yes it should be obvious. Butter Fingers may have avoided alot stress if the update was labled as the update. That would tell people that they needed the beta zip as well. And then we would have all had the information to make it work.

Now that I have the information that was not mentioned before i have great confidence that it will work fine.

My thanks to Butter Fingers for his effort.

Now that the project is open source it will get input from many different people. That is a good thing, more possibilties. I may take back what I said earlier. Might give it a shot and see what happens.

Let it be understood that I am not one that asked questions on how to do things. I just asked where to get information. If someone wants to lump me in with people that do ask before trying, they will be wrong.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 21:37
Quote: "Please do not delete your old files as this update does not contain all of them."

That tells me that you need both of them.
You need the old file (the first one) and the new file upgrades it.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 21:52 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2007 21:54
I was just confused by the wording I think. Its just a matter of the way that it was stated. I have designed many web sites. Worked with more sofware than an could possible remember. Its always best to state things so that they are totally obvious to the point being almost silly. Having just a tiny clue that points to the answer is not helpful to some people. those people do exsist. They cant be gotten rid of as they are the majority. The world has to live with them. I may be one of thoes people. I have trouble shot billions of dollars of equipment and networks coast to coast and still miss things now and then. I was a chef for 17 years and never got it perfect either.

Thats the way it goes it guess.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 22:42
After blowing up the glass baking pan (and the bread inside of it) I have no room to talk.

sgrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry to say i've a problem too.
I've substitued the exe file, changed the fpsc-ini file setting it to 700, but testing levels still crashes.
Note: i use the v.104 of FPSCREATOR
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 21:16
What Are You All Moaning About It Works Fine!

Now I can Creat That Game I've Been Dreaming about.. with the fairys and the unicorns... I Mean With The Guns And Blood And All That Kind Of Stuff.

If Only You Were Me... Then You'de Understand.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 03:24
You have to use FPSC v1 and empty's mod to get the allies scripts to work.
If you use any updated version of FPSC the allies scripts won't work.
The rest of the scripts will work fine.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
At this point it seems that TGC has gone past a point in the updates that will not allow the source mod to work as intended. Thats the way mods go sometimes. If you want it to work right then just dont update. But then if you dont update then you dont get added functionality and bug fixes. Its definately a double edged sword in that respect.

thenoob
Years of Service
User Offline
whats the best enemy scpript to use, like the one that makes them the smartest? and by the way the ally script is awsome thanks.
mastershake 354
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, I have been sitting at my computer for about 25 minutes reading posts. Butterfingers looks like he is having a really hard time with sensei. I am very sorry, I am just making this worst but I have one problem.

I did everything the instructions told me to do. I Installed the Mod. I went back to V1. I changed the fpsc-050 to 670 or higher. But when I test the game, i still get this error (Image with error attached). I am very sorry for this post

MS 354

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 05:47 Edited at: 17th May 2007 05:49
and worse yet you bumped it
and go to language banks english and change fpsc-50 to 600+

you can live with a man for all his days, but you really find what he really is like when hold him over a volcano
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2007 21:22
you should e-mail empty about this, not ask butters

Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
=/ I put the fpsc-game thing in the folder (changing the name of the other one) i sorted the senci ai thing out and gave my ally the correct scripts.. attack 1, 2 and so on :/ but i couldent find out where to put the enemies name in the "enemiesnamehere" thing, i just couldent see it :/ Where is it D:
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 22:50
Is the Sensei mod compatible with the FPSC Updates? Because i have FPSC v1.06, the most recent update, if sensei will work with the upgrade please post the link to download it here!

Im a new user, im young and FPI-dyslexic, i simply dont have the foggiest and cant learn FPI, so copy and paste code snippets please!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 02:24:56
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 02:24:56